PDA

View Full Version : Missing jockey changes

pontifor
05-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Hi all,

I use Twinspires and sometimes the jockey will be changed, but it doesn't appear in the "changes" tab on their website?! Is the track lazy or is twinspires screwing up?

head scratchin'
thanks,
P

Black Ruby
05-28-2010, 03:25 PM
It's the CDI concern for the customer that we've come to expect. Their CEO is a tech wizard.

pontifor
05-28-2010, 03:47 PM
seriously I mean I just heard the announcer mention a jockey change in race 10 at Churchill today but Twinspires.com only lists a scratch for that race? gawd I mean this ain't rocket science

pontifor
05-28-2010, 03:51 PM
But is this because the track didn't enter the change? I wonder if I go to TVG or something if they would have the correct info.

Deepsix
05-28-2010, 03:59 PM
A couple alternatives; 1) check equibase.com for scratches, or 2) the host track's webpage may have more current info??

Scratches/jockey changes routinely are screwed up for a host of reasons. TVG/HRTV may screw things up as well.... all you can do is stay vigilant.

pontifor
05-28-2010, 05:24 PM
thanks for advice, why is it so hard for this simple information to be relayed from the track? Just curious, it seems pretty simple..

thx,
P

Deepsix
05-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Supposedly you have a small staff of folks at the track running around during their busy period attempting to stay abreast of many things. Then, someone must uplink the info to equibase (they have the contract to distribute such info), and update your local webpage, etc etc. blah blah blah.

I've been screwed a couple times on TVG/HRTV indicating my horse was scratched. So I selected another horse and then I'm watching the horses approach the starting gate and there IS MY HORSE. WTF?

You email a complaint but they are held harmless for the errors. Such is life.

therussmeister
05-28-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't use Twin Spires, so I'm not sure. If you are talking about the "changes" tab on their online tote board, I believe that is actually BRIS Supertote re-skinned, so it is BRIS that is tardy in making changes. I do use Supertote and do know they are slow in making such changes.