PDA

View Full Version : PC TOOLS FOR THOROUGHBRED HANDICAPPING

duckhunter3
05-28-2010, 09:49 AM
JUST SO YOU WILL ALL KNOW . . . . . . .

This is a book written by Bob Pitlak copyrighted in 2009. A friend recommended it to me as a good overall view of some things that can be done with computers for handicapping, and track models, databases, etc.

In the introduction of the book, the author says that there are spreadsheets and programs discussed in the book available for free downloading, and gives a link to get the downloads. This sounded great. Although the procedure to create the spreadsheetS are often explained in the book, it sounded great to not have to go to that trouble and just have them ready on download.

I went to the download site, and was directed to send an email to the website address and the email was to confirm I owned the book and where I purchased it.

I SENT THAT EMAIL AT LEAST THREE TIMES ASKING FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO GET THE DOWNLOADS. THERE WAS NO RESPONSE TO ANY OF THESE MESSAGES. I KNOW THEY WERE OPENED BECAUSE I ASKED FOR A DELIVERY/READ RECEIPT AND RECEIVED THEM.

SO WHAT WAS PROMISED WAS NOT DELIVERED IN MY CASE.

JUST SO YOU WILL KNOW. . . . .

THIS IS COMPLETELY FACTUAL AND I HAVE THE DOCUMENTS TO PROVE IT.

duckhunter3

duckhunter3
05-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Actually the exact title is PC TOOLS for the Thoroughbred Handicapper.

duckhunter3

Trotman
05-28-2010, 12:55 PM
duckhunter3 you have to relax. I have delt many times with Bob Pitlak and found him to be a stand up guy and there must be some explainable reason. If I can help you in your quest send me a PM. :ThmbUp:

Dave Schwartz
05-28-2010, 01:22 PM
I agree, Trotman.

If you speak to Bob Pitlak, tell him I have room on my server to dispense his stuff if he'd care to put it there.

Dave

duckhunter3
05-28-2010, 03:44 PM
I also have heard positive comments about him, including from my friend who recommended the book.

But, all I know is he has not even bothered to say "stand by, I will get the link to you soon." Nothing. And he DID read my emails.

It's really no big deal. I am enjoying the book but just thought it would be nice to have what he said I could have, and which was referred to in advertising and reviews.

All the best.
duckhunter3

Trotman
05-28-2010, 04:35 PM
duckhunter3 he just released a Contenders program and did not want to burden the users with the expence of the MultiCap files and he has been very busy to rectify it which he has so send him an e-mail and maybe eat a little crow but as I said any dealings I've had with him have been as advertized, and again a good guy. :ThmbUp:

duckhunter3
05-28-2010, 05:20 PM
No need for me to send another email. He already has at least 3 from me. Presumably, if what you say is true, he will get around to getting up to date with his business.

As for eating crow, I have no reason to do that. What I said was true. I didn't ascribe any bad motives to him or anything else; I just reported the facts.

But glad to know there may be some excuse for my not hearing. . . .. . at least so far.

Thanks.

duckhunter2

Trotman
05-29-2010, 12:38 AM
duckhunter3 give it a few days and if nothing send me a PM and I'll get you what you need. :ThmbUp:

duckhunter3
05-29-2010, 07:26 AM
thank you, sir.

Trotman
05-29-2010, 11:47 AM
duckhunter3 just got a message from Bob Pitlak. His area was hit with a tornado like storm on Wednesday and much damage and loss of power which was just restored this morning. He knows he has a huge backlog of correspondence to take care of and asks for everyone's patience.

duckhunter3
05-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Everything is as trotman says. No problems. Thank you and I am glad I waited before I went off half cocked.

duckhunter3

Trotman
05-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Duckhunter3 glad things worked out for you. You'll find a lot of Bob's stuff interesting, I know I did. :ThmbUp:

mikeb
12-13-2013, 02:20 PM
I wonder if that tornado is still in his area 3.5 years later,
he fails to answer some issues i have with one of his softare prgms?

rlopez781
12-13-2013, 05:00 PM
When writing to Bob,always put "HDCP" on the subject of the email and he'll know it's from a customer or it will go to his spam mail and will just be deleted.This is how I correspond with him and he answers back right away. He's a busy college professor in Vermont.

Ray

Pensacola Pete
12-14-2013, 07:41 PM
This kind of thing always reminds me of this 10 second bit from the Three Stooges. Shemp was 50+ years ahead of the internet "now" generation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PRk2PZO9Oc&t=15m41s