View Full Version : Mass passes Illeg. Immigration bill

JustRalph
05-27-2010, 08:22 PM
http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/05/mass_senate_pas.html

A few more dominoes need to fall.......

Mass. Senate passes crackdown on illegal immigrants
E-mail|Link|Comments (205)May 27, 2010 05:56 PM
By Noah Bierman and Maria Sacchetti, Globe Staff

With one lawmaker citing President Lincoln's respect for the rule of law, the Massachusetts Senate passed a far-reaching crackdown this afternoon on illegal immigrants and those who would hire them, going further, senators said, than any immigration bill proposed over the past five years.

In a surprising turn of events, the legislation replaced a narrower bill that was passed Wednesday over the objections of Republicans.

The measure, which passed on a 28-10 vote as an amendment to the budget, would bar the state from doing business with any company found to break federal laws barring illegal immigrant hiring. It would also toughen penalties for creating or using fake identification documents, and explicitly deny in-state college tuition for illegal immigrants.

more at the link

ElKabong
05-27-2010, 09:00 PM
While the spirit of this law is awesome....wake me up when they drag some Mexican or Nicaraguan back across the border w/ the cameras rolling. My guess is that MASS doesn't have the sack AZ does.

But I'm damn sure pulling for MASS to do this right... Texas and OK aren't too far behind hopefully.

ArlJim78
05-27-2010, 10:01 PM
who knew that Mass. was such a bastion of racial hatred and intolerance.
let the boycotts and lawsuits begin.

I guess the Celtics will now become Los Celticos.

witchdoctor
05-27-2010, 10:12 PM
While the spirit of this law is awesome....wake me up when they drag some Mexican or Nicaraguan back across the border w/ the cameras rolling. My guess is that MASS doesn't have the sack AZ does.

But I'm damn sure pulling for MASS to do this right... Texas and OK aren't too far behind hopefully.

Here in Oklahoma, I have to keep a copy of my birth certificate in my office and had to send a copy to the State Medical board to prove that I am a US citizen.

horses4courses
05-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Massachusetts has to have unusual demographics when it comes to illegals.

I'd wager a fair percentage of the undocumented immigrants there hold Irish/EU passports.

A bit different from the Southwest US, or California........