PDA

View Full Version : Wow, look at all the Monmouth claims.

macguy
05-27-2010, 01:58 PM
:eek:
Sunday's card had a total of 19 horses change hands, 5 in the last race alone.
I know I can't honestly remember that many claims on a single card.

I haven't been following the Mth experiment too closely, but it always seems as though meets with lots of claims generally mean meets with bullish and happy horsemen.

I suppose when you've got $5/claimers going home with triple their tag in purse earnings, it's bound to throw some things out of whack.

onefast99
05-27-2010, 02:01 PM
:eek:
Sunday's card had a total of 19 horses change hands, 5 in the last race alone.
I know I can't honestly remember that many claims on a single card.

I haven't been following the Mth experiment too closely, but it always seems as though meets with lots of claims generally mean meets with bullish and happy horsemen.

I suppose when you've got $5/claimers going home with triple their tag in purse earnings, it's bound to throw some things out of whack.
The 3rd race saw 6 shaking for Magic Tiger.

GaryG
05-27-2010, 02:11 PM
With this many horses running below their value in order to compete for the inflated purses this seemed inevitable. I was surprised that there were no takers for Adagio at $25K. I think Dutrow was wishin and hopin that there would be.

kenwoodall2
05-27-2010, 02:19 PM
How many will be rushed back at MTH too soon?

point given
05-27-2010, 02:24 PM

I would think that thry would take their time and make sure the horse is right before they are claimed away in the next race. No :confused:

onefast99
05-27-2010, 02:32 PM
With this many horses running below their value in order to compete for the inflated purses this seemed inevitable. I was surprised that there were no takers for Adagio at $25K. I think Dutrow was wishin and hopin that there would be.
I looked at him up and down, lightly raced only 5 times in 2009 he has won 8x in 17 starts I didnt like the fact he was off for 9 months from March 2008 to January 2009. There were plenty of races for him in March and April at GP and they chose to give him more time off.

Mineshaft
05-27-2010, 05:29 PM
I looked at him up and down, lightly raced only 5 times in 2009 he has won 8x in 17 starts I didnt like the fact he was off for 9 months from March 2008 to January 2009. There were plenty of races for him in March and April at GP and they chose to give him more time off.

Exactly right. off for 9 months and there were tons of races for the horse. Huge negative sign.

He could of won by 10 i wouldnt take him

andymays
05-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Monmouth Park - The Shore' s Greatest Stretch

http://www.monmouthpark.com/event_detail.aspx?id=2929

Excerpt:

Don't be a weenie! Come to Monmouth Park all Memorial Day Weekend long for non-stop excitement.

Saturday, May 29 and Sunday, May 30 mark the first-ever Munchmobile Hot Dog Showdown featuring Brats, Burgers and Beer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the way these guys think. Got this via email. :lol:

cj
05-27-2010, 07:07 PM

He was entered and scratched a few times in the interim.

lamboguy
05-27-2010, 07:33 PM
i enter tomorrow there for memorial day in a $10k race. i should be one of the top3 choices i hope i win and get claimed if i get in.

onefast99
05-27-2010, 07:50 PM
He was entered and scratched a few times in the interim.
Still all negative signs including the fact he didn't look good in the paddock.

The_Knight_Sky
05-27-2010, 07:57 PM

Well if they're "rushed back" they will have to run for a tag that is at least 25% more than their claiming price. This rule is in effect for 20 days.

The horses must continue to race at Monmouth Park until Labor Day.
Unless there is a stakes race somewhere out of state.

I'm particularly looking for those horsemen who may have designs
on a N1X or a starter allowance down the road.

onefast99
05-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Well if they're "rushed back" they will have to run for a tag that is at least 25% more than their claiming price. This rule is in effect for 20 days.

The horses must continue to race at Monmouth Park until Labor Day.
Unless there is a stakes race somewhere out of state.

I'm particularly looking for those horsemen who may have designs
on a N1X or a starter allowance down the road.
The rule states a claimed horse must run for the same amount of the claim or higher and after 20 days they can run for anything they want. The meet ends on September 6th and everyone that was claimed is out of jail and free to go where ever they choose.

The_Knight_Sky
05-27-2010, 08:25 PM
The rule states a claimed horse must run for the same amount of the claim or higher and after 20 days they can run for anything they want. The meet ends on September 6th and everyone that was claimed is out of jail and free to go where ever they choose.

From condition book #1: (exact words)

13:70-12.4

For a period of twenty (20) days after the claim, any claimed horse
shall not race for a claiming price of less than 25% more than the price
for which it was claimed.

In other words if you claimed a $10,000 horse, you must sit out 20 days
or if you run back it must be for a tag of $12,500 or higher.

Or in an allowance, starter, or stakes race.

Bluto Blutarsky
05-27-2010, 08:41 PM

Forget the Condition Book
Please check out the today's Monmouth overnights or call the Racing Office- the claiming rules just changed...

onefast99
05-27-2010, 08:50 PM

Claiming rules are changed as of May 20th 2010. You do not need to raise a horse 25% "off the claim" you must adhere to the 20 day rule before dropping a claimed horse at the meet below the original claimed amount. On the 21st day you may drop the horse below the original claimed amount.