PDA

View Full Version : Harry "The Hat" Hacek: CHRB a "Kangaroo Court"!

andymays
05-27-2010, 09:06 AM
http://www.harrythehathacek.blogspot.com/

Excerpt:

It is quite apparent that Frank Stronach and his corporate arm of Magna International Development (MID) need a friend. The animosity toward this group may be unmatched in racing; never was it more prevalent than at the California Horse Racing Board meeting of May 20th. The piling on of MID by the entire California racing establishment is just short of insane.

Was anyone surprised by the demeanor of the CHRB at the May 20th meeting? What would a person expect appearing before a kangaroo court ?

Excerpt:

What we might be seeing unfold is a game of Chicken. MID could allow Oak Tree the uncontested fall dates and the option of running at Hollywood Park or Del Mar. There are options for MID as well. Santa Anita and Golden Gate Fields cannot be taken for granted. I was working in my hometown of Chicago when Dick Duchossois closed his newly built and beautiful Arlington Park for two years. The personal and professional havoc and hardship caused was unreal. Oh, how he was so appreciated by everyone upon reopening; and let’s not forget the shuttering of historic Hialeah. Need I mention Bay Meadows and others?

Here is a harsh fact: The tracks of Golden Gate Fields and Santa Anita are currently the staple of California racing. Like it or not, the CHRB must remember it is MID’S football; Which individual on the CHRB wants to be responsible for the complete collapse of California racing, especially when the law is so clear. It is time that all California racing participants get into the same boat and forsake protectionism. Then and only then will California racing reach its full potential.

andymays
05-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Round and round and round we go.

Where it stops nobody knows. :bang:

Deepsix
05-27-2010, 09:22 AM
<smile> We must have heard from just about everyone IF Harry the Hat's blog is being circulated. He's an interesting guy, eh?! He has a slightly different scenario in mind (slightly different than my dreamt up scenario) and certainly runs contrary to the usual racing "establishment". lol I like that kind of approach.... being outside the conventional thinkers.

My view is that we are approaching a 3-day weekend (Monday holiday) so today will be the day that MID/Oak Tree staff folks (mid-level managers, legal, budget/accounting, etc ) hammer out the details in rough draft and let the Big Guys look it over Tuesday/Wednesday and at the meeting on Thursday (6/04) they'll announce that progress is being made.

Thanks for the fun read.