PDA

View Full Version : 80-Year-Old Chicago Man Kills Armed Home Invader

Dave Schwartz
05-27-2010, 12:10 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/26/year-old-chicago-man-kills-armed-home-invader/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+foxnews/latest+(Text+-+Latest+Headlines

80-Year-Old Chicago Man Kills Armed Home Invader

An 80-year-old Chicago man shot and killed an armed man who broke into his two-story house in a pre-dawn home invasion Wednesday on the city's West Side.

At about 5:20 a.m., the homeowner and his wife, also in her 80s, discovered the intruder entering their home through a back door. The homeowner, who had a gun, confronted and killed the burglar on the doorstep, police said. Cops said the intruder also fired his gun during the struggle.

ElKabong
05-27-2010, 12:21 AM
:)

kenwoodall2
05-27-2010, 01:28 AM
:jump:

bigmack
05-27-2010, 01:38 AM
Mayor Daley is not happy.

Too bad.

e0D78JtxmqI

JustRalph
05-27-2010, 01:46 AM
"No charges have been filed against the homeowner, but Chicago currently has a statute outlawing the possession of handguns. Its legality is currently being decided by the U.S. Supreme Court.

A high-profile Chicago attorney has already stepped forward offering to represent the man pro bono if he faces charges for possessing a weapon.

"Self-defense isn't just a right, it's a duty," said attorney Joel Brodsky. "If this man is prosecuted for saving his own life it's not just a travesty, it's justice turned inside out."

Watch the Video and check out the Obama posters this guy has in his house

DJofSD
05-27-2010, 01:46 AM
No charges have been filed against the homeowner, but Chicago currently has a statute outlawing the possession of handguns. Its legality is currently being decided by the U.S. Supreme Court.

A high-profile Chicago attorney has already stepped forward offering to represent the man pro bono if he faces charges for possessing a weapon.

"Self-defense isn't just a right, it's a duty," said attorney Joel Brodsky. "If this man is prosecuted for saving his own life it's not just a travesty, it's justice turned inside out."

I hope the DA exercises his right to not file any charges.

DJofSD
05-27-2010, 01:49 AM
Damn, no more Jack, I'm going to have to start watching Boston Legal!!!

NJ Stinks
05-27-2010, 02:02 AM
Damn, no more Jack, I'm going to have to start watching Boston Legal!!!

You won't like it.

Tom
05-27-2010, 07:52 AM
Typical air-head lib - go after the VICTIM!

Gun control my ass - what about controlling you POS city filled with thieves?

Go suck on that Daley.

ArlJim78
05-27-2010, 09:06 AM
Actually I would love to see Daley go after this guy and charge him. But he won't because he knows what a blowback he would receive. But if he doesn't that is proof that his gun ban is a farce.

I also wonder if he will threaten the oldtimer like he did the reporter last week. If you haven't heard a reporter asked the mayor if his gun ban was effective, given all the recent shooting deaths in the city. The mayors answer was to threaten to shove a rifle up the reporters rear end and fire a round. Nice image there mr mayor. I think that reporter should take out a restraining order on the mayor.

DHSMMcJEQqU

Tom
05-27-2010, 09:44 AM
Daley family heritage?
The whole clan is bonkers!
Ovomit's peeps...

ddog
05-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Many parts of CHi town are a FREE FIRE ZONE.

TO go into them even armed to the teeth is to ask to be maimed - robbed or killed on the spot.

The Navy Pier has devolved into an open gang war site at certain times of the week.

The place is going the way of Detroit and that's a horrible shame as I love the town and MOST of the people.

It's getting horrible there.

bama better get some of the guards to the streets of Chicago.

Tom
05-27-2010, 11:41 AM
You sure those gangs aren't SEIU or ACORN?

ddog
05-27-2010, 11:45 AM
I am not joking, I was there during an episode or two and yes I would not doubt that some may have been, but most were not of that type.

They had not looked as if they could spell acorn much less be sober enough to find an office.
:lol:

normal cash customer type people(read yuppie types) were actually running for their safety at times.

Valuist
05-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Many parts of CHi town are a FREE FIRE ZONE.

TO go into them even armed to the teeth is to ask to be maimed - robbed or killed on the spot.

The Navy Pier has devolved into an open gang war site at certain times of the week.

The place is going the way of Detroit and that's a horrible shame as I love the town and MOST of the people.

It's getting horrible there.

bama better get some of the guards to the streets of Chicago.

Navy Pier is not bad. A family friend just had their daughter's prom there.....didn't hear a single horror story. Yeah there are rough parts of town but EVERY big city has areas you don't want to go to.

BlueShoe
05-28-2010, 03:56 PM
I was born in Chicago, and for me to go back and visit my early childhood neighborhood without wearing full body armor and bearing the latest combat weapons would be a death sentence. Even then, it would still be risky.

Tom
05-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Navy Pier is not bad. A family friend just had their daughter's prom there.....didn't hear a single horror story. Yeah there are rough parts of town but EVERY big city has areas you don't want to go to.

True story...Rochester, NY.
The then-mayor, Bill Johnson, all-time bonehad and father of the Ferry to Toronto that cost 45 million to get RID of.

He told a reporter from Toronto what areas of the city to avoid while she was here doing a story what was supposed to be a tie between the two ports of the Ferry (:lol:) She went back home and wrote big article on what a dangerous city Rochester was and how people should stay away!

What a moron!

Note to Ralph - this is the mayor Lonsbury got fired for calling him a monkey on air, and playing monkey sounds in thebackground! :lol: