PDA

View Full Version : Carville blasts Obama

Sericm
05-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Democratic political strategist James Carville, a resident of Louisiana, slammed President Obama this morning for the "political stupidity" of his response to the disastrous oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

"The president doesn't get down here in the middle of this... I have no idea of why they didn't seize this thing," Carville said (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/bp-oil-spill-political-headache-obama-democrats-slam/story?id=10746519) on ABC's "Good Morning America." "I have no idea of why their attitude was so hands off here."

"People are dieing down here"

This was one of the staunchest and liberal Democratic analysts on GMA this morning completely blasting Obama and his administration.

IT'S BEEN 37 DAYS!!!!

If this had been the Bush administration, what would the outcry have been?

Sericm

boxcar
05-26-2010, 01:08 PM
BO's strategy is easy to understand. BP is having slow, limited success. The Government has no solutions. So.. in order for the government to try to look good in this, they want the criticism of BP and subsequent anti-BP sentiment to grow. They want BP to be the evil, inept culprit in this for term political gain. After the spill is under controlled or cleaned up, that's when Big Gov will rush in to "save the day" with a multi-thousand page bill containing a gazillion new rules for regulating drilling, exploration, etc.

This is a crisis the government will not allow to go to waste. Chances are good that America will never dig a new well again...anywhere!

Boxcar

Tom
05-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Who's dying down there? Have I missed something?

On another note, Ovomit got a taste of an ugly crowd in SF, for not moving fast enough on Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

So my question is....are they nazi terrorists for being much more loud and threatening than the Tea Party, or are they patriots because they SHOULD protest the government?

Which one applies in SF?

jballscalls
05-26-2010, 02:02 PM

On another note, Ovomit got a taste of an ugly crowd in SF, for not moving fast enough on Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

So my question is....are they nazi terrorists for being much more loud and threatening than the Tea Party, or are they patriots because they SHOULD protest the government?

Which one applies in SF?

i dont think anyone has died, here is an article about some of the fisherman helping out that have been getting sick. the whole spill thing just sucks

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/25/louisiana-fishermen-reportedly-getting-sick-cleaning-gulf-bp/Biden

Robert Goren
05-26-2010, 02:16 PM
11 people are missing and presumed dead from when the rig blew up. When it is all said and done, I will give 10-1 that BP will claim that is one of the missing caused the whole thing. JMO

JustRalph
05-26-2010, 02:31 PM
How long is Obama going to let this go on..........

Overlay
05-26-2010, 03:00 PM
My family and I had a chance encounter with Mr. Carville (apparently in a sightseeing mode himself, despite living in Louisiana) at the St. Louis Cathedral in New Orleans when we went down there in mid-March. I wasn't going to let him get away without getting a picture and an autograph (although he appeared distinctly uneasy throughout the process). (At least I was able to restrain myself from giving him my best rendition of, "It's the economy, stupid!")

ddog
05-26-2010, 03:13 PM
11 people are missing and presumed dead from when the rig blew up. When it is all said and done, I will give 10-1 that BP will claim that is one of the missing caused the whole thing. JMO

I will give 10-1 that one or more was at fault although there is plenty of fault to go around.

The whole deal smells bad.

ddog
05-26-2010, 03:15 PM
How long is Obama going to let this go on..........

as long as it takes for BP or some other oil guys to fix it.

YOU DO NOT WANT BAMA AND CLOWNS IN CHARGE OF THIS IF YOU EVER HOPE TO SEE THE GULF BACK IN SOME REASONABLE SHAPE.

i assume you are just spinning but in case you are not , take this warning TO HEART!

One other deal on this , the whole obama Katrina meme that is constantly spewed out by the lamemedia just shows the absolute lack of reason that grips this country anymore.

Katrina was a fairly simple rescue send food water and rebuild deal that has been done over and over and required very little in high tech expertise.

No National guard or local N.O. cop that I know of could do much in this situation to stop the leak. As in Katrina the locals have primary responsibility for the on shore clean-up.

ddog
05-26-2010, 03:18 PM

Which one applies in SF?

tar and feather and run him out on a rail, while we still have railroads that work.

ddog
05-26-2010, 03:19 PM
BO's strategy is easy to understand. BP is having slow, limited success. The Government has no solutions. So.. in order for the government to try to look good in this, they want the criticism of BP and subsequent anti-BP sentiment to grow. They want BP to be the evil, inept culprit in this for term political gain. After the spill is under controlled or cleaned up, that's when Big Gov will rush in to "save the day" with a multi-thousand page bill containing a gazillion new rules for regulating drilling, exploration, etc.

This is a crisis the government will not allow to go to waste. Chances are good that America will never dig a new well again...anywhere!

Boxcar

"Chances are good that America will never dig a new well again...anywhere!"

I will take that , how much! They are "digging" today.

bigmack
05-26-2010, 03:30 PM
From wiki:

On March 4, 2009, Politico reported that Carville, Paul Begala, and Rahm Emanuel were the architects of the Democratic Party's strategy to cast conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh as the face of the Republican Party. Carville was particularly critical of Limbaugh for saying he wanted Barack Obama to "fail." It was later reported that Carville had voiced the opinion, during the presidency of George W. Bush, that, "I don’t care if people like him or not, just so they don’t vote for him and his party. That is all I care about. I hope he doesn’t succeed, but I am a partisan Democrat. But the average person wants him to succeed. It is his country, his life or their lives. So he has that going for him." Carville made the remarks on September 11, 2001, shortly before the terrorist attacks on the United States. Upon hearing news of the attacks, Carville asked reporters to "disregard" his prior comments.

Robert Goren
05-26-2010, 03:31 PM
The right ought to love the way Obama is handling this. He is doing nothing and that is what they claim they want. The left on the other should be madder than hell because they believe that government should take charge in these situlations. You are beginning see the left doubt Obama because of his inaction. I think most Americans want him to do more. JMO

bigmack
05-26-2010, 03:37 PM
You are beginning see the left doubt Obama because of his inaction.
With his approval rating now @ 42 it may even be more than just the spill.

iT-lxXsrgaE

LottaKash
05-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Carville, one JO calling another JO out, imo...

best,

Robert Goren
05-26-2010, 03:50 PM
From wiki:

On March 4, 2009, Politico reported that Carville, Paul Begala, and Rahm Emanuel were the architects of the Democratic Party's strategy to cast conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh as the face of the Republican Party. Carville was particularly critical of Limbaugh for saying he wanted Barack Obama to "fail." It was later reported that Carville had voiced the opinion, during the presidency of George W. Bush, that, "I don’t care if people like him or not, just so they don’t vote for him and his party. That is all I care about. I hope he doesn’t succeed, but I am a partisan Democrat. But the average person wants him to succeed. It is his country, his life or their lives. So he has that going for him." Carville made the remarks on September 11, 2001, shortly before the terrorist attacks on the United States. Upon hearing news of the attacks, Carville asked reporters to "disregard" his prior comments. 9/11 changed a lot of things. We all wanted Bush to succeed in his pursuit of the terrorists. Too bad he didn't get them.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-26-2010, 04:44 PM
9/11 changed a lot of things. We all wanted Bush to succeed in his pursuit of the terrorists. Too bad he didn't get them.

I'm glad you wanted him to get them. There were some prominent leftys on here in those days saying 'the terrorists' were just a propaganda tool for Bush to grab more control, some actually were conspirorists that accused Bush of behing behind the 911 attacks, others like Zilly were basically saying there weren't any terrorists at all, or if so we still had no reason to feel there would be any more attacks, and anything promoting getting the terrorists and going to war was just more unjustified killing and Light would go about acts of war from the U.S. Zionists, etc. Many against the Patriot Act and warning levels would constantly say they were just ways to manipulate the public and would do no good, and called for the end of Bush, his impeachment, etc. wanted ABB in the 2004 election, and were all for anybody but those 'dreadful' republicans in 2004 & 2008. Not that McCain was that great, but you wouldn't see N. Korea and Iran pushing America around, unless Pelosi, "The New Sheriff" they wanted, who aligned the 2006 congress against any more miltiary or tough action in the middle east, and made sure that Iran and N. Korea, and others, just got more aggressive in their efforts to grow problems for us, our allies and the free world. After all, all the other nations naysaying us in Brussels and elsewhere "don't like the U.S. anymore."

Let's just say nearly all of us wanted to get them. And many of us wanted Bush to use the means he did, or more. But definitely not all. And we remember that all too well. That's why all the posts - they are our 'Ironic Middle Fingers' directed at the left which stared most down-with-the-presidient off-topic posts back in the 2003-2008.

Light
05-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Who needs terrorists when you got BP. Not only do they make terrorists look like amateurs,but they tell the government and the EPA to shove it while destroying people's economic livelihoods, poison our waters and ruin an ecosystem. Obama and the EPA eat it because BP is the 4th largest company in the world.

46zilzal
05-26-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm glad you wanted him to get them. There were some prominent leftys on here in those days saying 'the terrorists' were just a propaganda tool for Bush to grab more control, some actually were conspirorists that accused Bush of behin behind the 911 attacks, others like Zilly were basically saying there weren't any terrorists at all, .
Horse shit..that is like saying there is no water in Lake Huron

Interesting how people make up things...Reverse the situation, I repeatedly stated I understood why blow back occurred.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Horse shit..that is like saying there is no water in Lake Huron

Interesting how people make up things...Reverse the situation, I repeatedly stated I understood why blow back occurred.

Okay Guys & Gals. This is going to be very hard to find in the Searches, since Zil didn't usually post about the terrorists, he used to post that were were off base on the terrorist threat and that the U.S. was not iminent danger of being threatened, and would go off on about this being just another way to give the tax dollars to the U.S. war machine, kill U.S. soldiers whom he felt were duped into service, and of course to kill the innocent abroad.

How does that coorespond to your memories, everyone?

46zilzal
05-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Okay Guys & Gals. This is going to be very hard to find in the Searches, since Zil didn't usually post about the terrorists, he used to post that were were off base on the terrorist threat and that the U.S. was not iminent danger of being threatened, and would go off on about this being just another way to give the tax dollars to the U.S. war machine, kill U.S. soldiers whom he felt were duped into service, and of course to kill the innocent abroad.

Molded to fit your poor memory pal

There has been, is and continues to be too much money wasted on playing soldier......and they continue to lower standards to get poor fellows to fight and be cannon fodder for politicians just like they always were since TIME began

Steve 'StatMan'
05-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Molded to fit your poor memory pal

Well, I'm asking to confirm. I sure remember you dismissing the domestic terror concerns.

46zilzal
05-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Well, I'm asking to confirm. I sure remember you dismissing the domestic terror concerns.
never did as much as you may recall it that way.

I may have said that clowns like Fox News overplayed it, but to deny it existed would be really disconnected to reality.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-26-2010, 05:58 PM

I may have said that clowns like Fox News overplayed it, but to deny it existed would be really disconnected to reality.

But you did essentially dismiss every posters concerns over it, in your usual manner, and get in a lot of arguments over that, to give the concern that it people were concerned over nothing in what seemed to be your mind.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Shit. This thread was supposed to be about Carville critizing Obama. Sorry folks.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-26-2010, 06:10 PM
With his approval rating now @ 42 it may even be more than just the spill.

About the only thing he did was raise the fuel standards, but so did Bush. Now it has gone to trucks. Not that I think vehicles getting better gas milage, be it truck or car is a bad thing, no, it's good. But just one more thing the struggling U.S. auto & truck makers now need to deal with.

Well, after some thought, what should we expect a Community Organizer to do? He's never really explained that old job, and from what I know, they organize groups of people to protest businesses and various governemnt buildings to make demands. Now he's one of the big guys that people would most likely be trying to picket. Of course he doesn't have anything up solutions up his sleeve!

Maybe he wanted to come back to Chicago and be around people family and neighbors who like him, and the public that supposedly like him a lot when they helped get him elected. I wonder how much has changed in Chicago since the Election? Think the main stream media will let us see it if it's negative? I can expect it to be the same or more positive than it was back then.

Glad that, now that I've finally moved into Chicago, I don't have to try to drive when he's in town. Memorial Day Weekend driving is already awful. This should compound it where he travels.

ElKabong
05-26-2010, 08:20 PM
I recall zil minimizing terrorist's threats & the war on terror in threads, and joking about it being silly and frivilous. It's his prerogative of course.

ElKabong
05-26-2010, 08:24 PM
as for 0kaka....We elected a farking Community Organizer to the white house. Did anyone really expect this guy to lead a country in a responsible manner? To make swift, decisive executive decisions on impending disasters?

**** no. The guy was playing golf, entertaining guests at expensive dinners that raised money for the dem party and nonsense bullshit like that. He's doing exactly what we all knew deep down what he'd do....He's a **** up.

Tape Reader
05-26-2010, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=boxcar]BO's strategy is easy to understand. BP is having slow, limited success. The Government has no solutions. So.. in order for the government to try to look good in this, they want the criticism of BP and subsequent anti-BP sentiment to grow. They want BP to be the evil, inept culprit in this for term political gain. After the spill is under controlled or cleaned up, that's when Big Gov will rush in to "save the day" with a multi-thousand page bill containing a gazillion new rules for regulating drilling, exploration, etc.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: and more!

riskman
05-26-2010, 08:38 PM
as for 0kaka....We elected a farking Community Organizer to the white house. Did anyone really expect this guy to lead a country in a responsible manner? To make swift, decisive executive decisions on impending disasters?

**** no. The guy was playing golf, entertaining guests at expensive dinners that raised money for the dem party and nonsense bullshit like that. He's doing exactly what we all knew deep down what he'd do....He's a **** up.

Bush embarked on a presidency of controversial terror policies, stimulus, bailouts, and huge expansions of Medicare and other domestic programs. Just as it is now for so many Obama supporters, who have seen their agent of hope and change continue on the path laid out by his predecessor, except with some window dressing and more rhetorical emphasis on social programs and economic regulation.

Both occupants of the Oval Office have disastrous flaws in governing that we will pay for for decades to come.

cj's dad
05-26-2010, 08:51 PM
The right ought to love the way Obama is handling this. He is doing nothing and that is what they claim they want. The left on the other should be madder than hell because they believe that government should take charge in these situlations. You are beginning see the left doubt Obama because of his inaction. I think most Americans want him to do more. JMO

No Detective, you have it wrong !!

That is not what we WANT him to do; it is what we KNEW he would do in a crisis situation, i.e. NOTHING !!

pandy
05-26-2010, 10:53 PM
The Fed response and overall attitude towards the oil spill has been horrible, in my opinion, but not surprising. Obama is way over his head and his inexperience showing, plus, he is the king of Politics As Usual. Notice how during this disaster which is destroying the ecosystem, he is playing politics again this week, first he decides to put national guard troops on the border, pure politics, he couldn't care less about the border, and then he attends a fund raiser for the Dems in San Francisco. All this while nature is being destroyed right in front of America's eyes. There are things that the Fed. Government could have done to at least collect the oil before it hit land, but they left it up to BP. If Bush were President now the press would be calling for his impeachment.

Tom
05-26-2010, 10:57 PM

Very tightly. :ThmbDown:

Questions for the Bush-Bashers........how many times has Ovomit been to the Gulf so far? Bush, remember, was in NO several times early on.
I guess a fund-raiser in SF took priority over being on the scene.

Tom
05-26-2010, 11:02 PM
as for 0kaka....We elected a farking Community Organizer to the white house.

Hey, maybe he could organize the tar balls and lead them to a refinery!
The Pied Prez of Petrolium Products! :lol:

Robert Goren
05-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Very tightly. :ThmbDown:

Questions for the Bush-Bashers........how many times has Ovomit been to the Gulf so far? Bush, remember, was in NO several times early on.
I guess a fund-raiser in SF took priority over being on the scene. Obama has been to the gulf once. He is going again Friday. Not nearly enough in my opinion. He is looking Jimmy Carter in the Iran hostage crisis.

boxcar
05-26-2010, 11:12 PM

And you would fit that description perfectly! I don't believe you have ever had both feet touching the ground at once.

Boxcar

Tom
05-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Ovomit got very upset today. He was reported to have literally shouted "PLUG THE DAMN HOLE!"

He must be getting serious about the spill.

Or was that about Biden?

bigmack
05-26-2010, 11:59 PM
Ovomit got very upset today. He was reported to have literally shouted "PLUG THE DAMN HOLE!"
Speaking of plugin' holes...What the H-E double hockey sticks is going on up there?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/5_26_10_20_57_34.png

NJ Stinks
05-27-2010, 12:34 AM
About the only thing he did was raise the fuel standards, but so did Bush. Now it has gone to trucks. Not that I think vehicles getting better gas milage, be it truck or car is a bad thing, no, it's good. But just one more thing the struggling U.S. auto & truck makers now need to deal with.

Well, after some thought, what should we expect a Community Organizer to do? He's never really explained that old job, and from what I know, they organize groups of people to protest businesses and various governemnt buildings to make demands. Now he's one of the big guys that people would most likely be trying to picket. Of course he doesn't have anything up solutions up his sleeve!

Maybe he wanted to come back to Chicago and be around people family and neighbors who like him, and the public that supposedly like him a lot when they helped get him elected. I wonder how much has changed in Chicago since the Election? Think the main stream media will let us see it if it's negative? I can expect it to be the same or more positive than it was back then.

Glad that, now that I've finally moved into Chicago, I don't have to try to drive when he's in town. Memorial Day Weekend driving is already awful. This should compound it where he travels.

Just wondering if you were away when healthcare reform passed. :rolleyes:

As for the rest of your post, we get it - you don't like Obama. He can't swim down there and plug the leak, he shouldn't go home to see family and friends, and he damn well shouldn't affect traffic anywhere near your house.

Steve, keep wailing. Sooner or later you'll be a regular feature on Fox and Friends. :sleeping:

Robert Goren
05-27-2010, 01:02 AM
Speaking of plugin' holes...What the H-E double hockey sticks is going on up there?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/5_26_10_20_57_34.png Every 16 year old boy's dream and every 16 year old boy's mother's nightmare.

bigmack
05-27-2010, 04:18 AM
Taking into consideration that Carviile is from the deep south & given the vitriol of his clear anger & hatred in this video I believe his comments are racist in nature and he should be called on this by Janeane Garofalo & Billy "I'll be out in a Minute" Maher.

Such hatred from a white man from the deep south should always be seen this way. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

lO1lO1CVkTE

Steve 'StatMan'
05-27-2010, 09:14 AM

Maybe that's what the heckler in San Fransisco yelled at him.

Robert Goren
05-27-2010, 09:27 AM
There has to be a Bill Clinton joke in there somewhere.;)

cj's dad
05-27-2010, 09:44 AM
There has to be a Bill Clinton joke in there somewhere.;)

Tiger Woods ???

ddog
05-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Carville is doing nothing different from all the other fools.

If his ox is in danger of being put down he screams for the Feds to GIT IN HERE NOW and TAKE OVER!

Of course he has always been for total fed control and oversight of everything that exists.

OTOH, Jindal also is crying along with many other git the gvt out of our face hypocrits.

Of course at the first whiff of THEIR ox being put down they stand around and hand wring like the little bitches they are.

Back when the country had some people with backbone the LOCALS would not wait for some gvt flunky to tell them what to do or where to go.

They would have taken matters of the clean-up into their own hands and maybe tossed a BP CEO or flunky into the gulf as a by product.

Sadly the country has been stripped of most of these kinds of people, the last 30-40 years has been an unmitigated disaster on this front.

I made the mistake of turning on the tv last night and saw hundreds of able bodied men standing around waiting for someone to tell them what to do.

It made me sick.

ddog
05-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Taking into consideration that Carviile is from the deep south & given the vitriol of his clear anger & hatred in this video I believe his comments are racist in nature and he should be called on this by Janeane Garofalo & Billy "I'll be out in a Minute" Maher.

Such hatred from a white man from the deep south should always be seen this way. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

lO1lO1CVkTE

I knew you were of limited abilities , but not being able to distinguish hatred from anger, now that's a shocker even to my previous low opinion. :eek:

PLUG THAT HOLE, indeed! :lol: :lol:

bigmack
05-27-2010, 01:05 PM
I knew you were of limited abilities , but not being able to distinguish hatred from anger, now that's a shocker even to my previous low opinion.
Aww, poor little fella. Was that bit over your head? :rolleyes:

I'll try & dumb it down even further for ya next time. I forgot about you being an intellectual midget. Would a nice little pat on the head and a box of Milk Duds console you?

Run along now Jr.

Tom
05-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Life under Obama…............................................ ..

Two attempted terror attacks
One successful terror attacks
Worst oil spill in our history
Iran holding US citizens hostage again
Resurgence of Taliban in Afghanistan
Greece about to fail, Europe not far behind
N Korea attacks S Korea, breaks off communications

Tom
05-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Mexico tells Ovomit not to use the Nat Guard to arrest illegals and he obeys like a trained puppy dog, rolls over, tries to speak...uh, um, bow, uh, uh wow.

skate
05-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Somehow if you have anger then you cant have hate...:eek:

It's that a koran "interruption" or a ... interpolted "shut the cake hole".:)