PDA

View Full Version : Contests

Trijack
07-28-2003, 02:38 PM
Entered 3 over the week end, Friday entered the quarter horse contest at Sam Houston, Bris contest on Saturday(awful for me) and the Del Mar pick 5 show on Sunday(awful again).

Went to Sam Houston web site this morning to check the winners and what do you know finished 6th and won $100.00. I had not tried quarter horses in about 15 to 20 years. Lived across the street from Los Alamitos race track in the 60's and went often. In handicapping those races on friday I tried to remember how I used to pick them and at least for one day it worked out ok. Here I thought I was getting good with tb's. Just goes to show one that you have to be good but lucky too.

lousycapper
07-28-2003, 06:44 PM
You don't see too many people repeating in these contests. Probably because they play too few races and there is a high degree of luck involved. I think if a 1000 races were played you'd see the same people winning over and over again. Just one student's opinion.

-L.C.

Suff
07-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Good lucky hit Jack

we'll find a home for that Hundred in Upstate NY

;) :D

Trijack
07-28-2003, 11:07 PM
You can count on it and probably a lot more. Been hdcp Saratoga but have not done good so far. I will keep trying so by the time Aug 23 gets here maybe just maybe I can do better if not will be looking to you for your expertise there.

Jack

kenwoodall
07-29-2003, 03:43 AM
Del Mar workouts are extremely fast, but winners Sunday went wide the last 3f, must be negative rail bias.

Trijack
07-30-2003, 12:25 AM
I don't know what happened but was notified that I finished in 5th place which pays $200.00. Doubled my money overnight. More to spend at Saratoga.