PDA

View Full Version : In case anyone missed it, NYRA got its $$$$

PaceAdvantage
05-25-2010, 10:38 PM
And they got more than they bargained for....$25M instead of the $17M that was bandied about earlier...

I lost count of all the new threads that were created when the WARN notices went out and the stories were being written about the hypothetical shut down of NYRA if they didn't get money that was owed them...

But the story of NYRA getting its $$$ and now being able to run the rest of the year? Not a single new thread by my count... :lol:

So, here you go folks...let the insane talk of NYRA shutting its doors finally be put to rest...once again....

New York Lawmakers Approve NYRA Loan (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/57171/new-york-lawmakers-approve-nyra-loan)
New York State lawmakers on May 24 approved a $25 million loan for the New York Racing Association, keeping the racetrack operator solvent for at least the rest of the year and avoiding a threatened shutdown of its operations after the June 5 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).

~~more at link above~~

PhantomOnTour
05-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Absolutely. We've been through this 'NYRA in jeopardy' thing before. Never to this degree, but it always works out and the racing continues. Same thing when I visit Pimlico every year; the Preakness is in jeopardy! No it ain't...chill out.