PDA

View Full Version : Delmar to offer 50 cent P4

point given
05-25-2010, 08:32 PM
The CHRB okayed it for this summer per DRF

" There will be one pick four per day, on the final four races, and the reduced minimum cost could drive handle by allowing bettors to select more combinations for more affordable sums.
Track president Craig Fravel said a similar move at Keeneland resulted in higher handle. "

horses4courses
05-25-2010, 09:08 PM

" There will be one pick four per day, on the final four races, and the reduced minimum cost could drive handle by allowing bettors to select more combinations for more affordable sums.
Track president Craig Fravel said a similar move at Keeneland resulted in higher handle. "

I can't understand why there is no early PK-4 again.
Some regular players now ignore the opening 2, or 3, races at Del Mar.
They wait for the PK-6 and PK-4.
Personally, I like the 50 cent increment.
I just wish there were 2 PK4s.

andymays
05-25-2010, 09:12 PM
I can't understand why there is no early PK-4 again.
Some regular players now ignore the opening 2, or 3, races at Del Mar.
They wait for the PK-6 and PK-4.
Personally, I like the 50 cent increment.
I just wish there were 2 PK4s.

I posted this in another thread.

Their internal studies show that it takes away more than it gives as far as handle goes. The money is out of play for the 4 races in the sequence therefore it can't be churned. The early pick 4 pools are not very big either.

My opinion is that quite a few people, especially the ones with boxes come to the track late, usually about the third race. Many of them would come early if there was an early pick 4.

Del Mar has figures to back up their point on this so maybe they're right.

Stillriledup
05-25-2010, 09:30 PM
This is why track execs are clueless. No mention of the REAL reason why a 50 cent pick 4 will be a tremendous benefit for players. More beneficial than actually being able to be 'more affordable'.

Can you guess it?

exiles
05-25-2010, 11:00 PM

Who give's a rat's ass about this plastic track any more, all my wagering $s will be going to BEL MON and SAR, the only thing that will bring me, and a lot of serious players back TO CA, will be DIRT, i leave the plastics to the lottery players.

point given
05-25-2010, 11:45 PM
Who give's a rat's ass about this plastic track any more, all my wagering $s will be going to BEL MON and SAR, the only thing that will bring me, and a lot of serious players back TO CA, will be DIRT, i leave the plastics to the lottery players.

Me too. I only posted it as it shows a growing trend that track management is finally coming around to notice what the customer really wants. Kentucky went 50 cent tri,p3/p4. I wish all states would do it. It stimulates the churn which is needed in these economic times.

David-LV
05-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Who give's a rat's ass about this plastic track any more, all my wagering $s will be going to BEL MTH and SAR, the only thing that will bring me, and a lot of serious players back TO CA, will be DIRT, i leave the plastics to the lottery players.

BRAVO, agreed, all my dollars on Fri, Sat, & Sun will go to MTH.

All my Dollars on Wed & Thur will go to BEL & SAR. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

________
David-LV

Igeteven
05-26-2010, 12:58 AM

This didn't take a Atomic Scientist to figure this out, most fans have been screaming to get this done for years, only to be ignored by management,
only economics FORCED him to do this.

However, unless the betting system at Del Mar goes to the same type of system in Kentucky, Del Mar will be another flop in California

Another thing, they have the worse track among the four track here in California.

xfile
05-26-2010, 03:30 PM
I hope Del Mar gets the Oak Tree dates and keeps the 50 cent pick 4. :cool: