PDA

View Full Version : war is making you poor act

Black Ruby
05-25-2010, 10:28 AM
a proposal to not finance the wars beyond the DOD's $549 billion budget, and to make the first $35K for each American ($70K for married couples) tax free.
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/rep_alan_grayson_introduces_the_war_is_making_you_ poor_act_20100524/

boxcar
05-25-2010, 10:50 AM
How 'bout Big Gov is Making You Poor Act?

Boxcar
P.S. This is the same government who encourages the people to save and who essentially told us during this recession that the silver lining behind it was that people were actually spending LESS and saving MORE! Can you see the hypocrisy in this kind of sentiment?

Black Ruby
05-25-2010, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=boxcar]How 'bout Big Gov is Making You Poor Act?

Boxcar

well, the government wages the wars, so you're bein redundant.
I'm sure you'll get back to us with the Limbaugh take.

bigmack
05-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Ooooo, good one. Now let's get back on track on discuss something heavy from the mind of Alan Grayson. :lol:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/599.gif

BenDiesel26
05-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Until they decide to do something about social security, medicare, and medicaid, this stuff is all pointless. These items are bankrupting the country, plain and simple. $109 trillion in unfunded liabilities at the moment.

boxcar
05-25-2010, 12:49 PM
[QUOTE=boxcar]How 'bout Big Gov is Making You Poor Act?

Boxcar

well, the government wages the wars, so you're bein redundant.

Including the wars against the people when it steals our money. Dump Big Gov and we get to keep more of our money.

Boxcar
P.S. Limbaugh is out today. Besides that, he gets his takes from me. ;)

Ocala Mike
05-25-2010, 12:53 PM
$109 trillion in unfunded liabilities at the moment.

Where did you get that number? How far out does it go, 2100?

Ocala Mike

Black Ruby
05-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Ooooo, good one. Now let's get back on track on discuss something heavy from the mind of Alan Grayson. :lol:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/599.gif

Nah, let's discuss something heavy from the mind of Limbaugh....like hillbilly heroin or avoiding the draft through a cyst on the butt and family influence.

Tom
05-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Gee BR, start a thread and then run of real world arguments in tow posts, and resort to character assassination and name calling.

How empty of you.

Overlay
05-25-2010, 02:18 PM
“The costs of the war have been rendered invisible,” wrote Grayson. “There's no draft. Instead, we take the most vulnerable elements of our population, and give them a choice between unemployment and missile fodder."

"There's no draft", but that doesn't mean that some won't still try to make it sound as if there were. Did Mr. Grayson ever hear of people enlisting (or working as civilians) for the military out of a sense of duty, service, or love of country?

bigmack
05-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Alan Grayson:

In the 2000s, he worked as a plaintiffs' attorney specializing in whistleblower fraud cases aimed at Iraq war contractors. One contractor, Custer Battles, employed individuals who were found guilty of making fraudulent statements and submitting fraudulent invoices on two contracts in 2003 the company had with the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq. On behalf of his clients, Grayson filed suit under the False Claims Act and its qui tam provisions. Grayson disclosed his attorney fees and costs for the case exceeded $4 million. :lol:

War been bery, bery good to Grayson. Fraudulent invoices and he cashes in $4mil.

Tom
05-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Grayson is a POS who dishonors those who have volunteered and sacrficed.
Let's when a car bomb eventually does manage to go off, this turd is walking right by it.

BenDiesel26
05-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Where did you get that number? How far out does it go, 2100?

Ocala Mike

Sorry I was off by 2 trillion. It's $107 trillion, from the 2009 Social Security and Medicare Trustees report. By around mid century, the entire federal budget will be consumed by social security, medicare, and medicaid on the current path. By late century, medicare will consume the entire federal budget by itself. Social security expected to become insolvent within thirty years, some have medicare within the next decade.

Black Ruby
05-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Sorry I was off by 2 trillion. It's $107 trillion, from the 2009 Social Security and Medicare Trustees report. By around mid century, the entire federal budget will be consumed by social security, medicare, and medicaid on the current path. By late century, medicare will consume the entire federal budget by itself. Social security expected to become insolvent within thirty years, some have medicare within the next decade.

Those figures fail to take into account all those who'll die early and won't be around for SS or Medicare when their Messiah Limbaugh tells 'em it's time to drink the Kool-aid....or will he tell 'em to OD on Oxycontin?

JustRalph
05-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Those figures fail to take into account all those who'll die early and won't be around for SS or Medicare when their Messiah Limbaugh tells 'em it's time to drink the Kool-aid....or will he tell 'em to OD on Oxycontin?

you know, this is really getting old......... take a walk..........

jballscalls
05-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Let's when a car bomb eventually does manage to go off, this turd is walking right by it.

ironic

"resort to character assassination and name calling.

How empty of you." Tom

Tom
05-25-2010, 06:26 PM
ironic

"resort to character assassination and name calling.

How empty of you." Tom

I didn't start a thread and then come up empty after one post. And I didn't bring people into it that have no connection to it. I tried to stay on topic.
It was about the POS I mentioned.

BlueShoe
05-25-2010, 06:54 PM
$109 trillion in unfunded liabilities at the moment.
But The Annointed One, aka as Barack Obama, tells us that everything is fine, and that if we will only follow Him, He will lead us to the Promised Land.:rolleyes:

Hanover1
05-25-2010, 07:01 PM
But The Annointed One, aka as Barack Obama, tells us that everything is fine, and that if we will only follow Him, He will lead us to the Promised Land.:rolleyes:
Kinda like: "I have been to the mountaintop...."

jballscalls
05-25-2010, 07:08 PM
I didn't start a thread and then come up empty after one post. And I didn't bring people into it that have no connection to it. I tried to stay on topic.
It was about the POS I mentioned.

thats all fine and dandy, but you condemned him for name calling which you proceeded to then do yourself (and seem to do quite a bit) and not only character assassination, but you also just wished general death wish on a person.

i mean disagree with someones views and stuff, but wishing death on a guy or that he is close to a car bomb, thats the kind of stuff liberal anger is made of!

Tom
05-25-2010, 09:03 PM
May I suggest the iggy button?

mostpost
05-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Until they decide to do something about social security, medicare, and medicaid, this stuff is all pointless. These items are bankrupting the country, plain and simple. $109 trillion in unfunded liabilities at the moment.
If the bush tax cuts are not allowed to die, they will cost us three times what Social Security will cost us between now and 2085.
So far you have not answered the question of what time period that $109 trillion covers. I suspect it is the projection out to the infinite horizon.

bigmack
05-25-2010, 09:18 PM
If the bush tax cuts are not allowed to die, they will cost us three times what Social Security will cost us between now and 2085.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/shwow_e0.gif

3x between now and 2085 of two disparate numbers? Wow!

Speaking of where you gettin' this... :lol:

Tom
05-25-2010, 09:19 PM
The Bush tax cuts are not costing us anything.
Raising taxes costs us.

bigmack
05-25-2010, 09:23 PM
i mean disagree with someones views and stuff, but wishing death on a guy
Lighten up, he was talking about about maiming.

mostpost
05-25-2010, 09:51 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/shwow_e0.gif

3x between now and 2085 of two disparate numbers? Wow!

Speaking of where you gettin' this... :lol:
The projected Social Security Shortfall between now and 2082 is $4.3 trillion.
Extension of the Bush tax cuts to that year would result in $15 trillion in taxes not being collected. here is the link:
http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=64
table 2.
I guess I didn't explain it as well as I could have.

NJ Stinks
05-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Gee BR, start a thread and then run of real world arguments in tow posts, and resort to character assassination and name calling.

How empty of you.

And Ralph decides it time to tell Black Ruby to take a walk. :rolleyes:

For the record, Mack brought up Grayson all by his lonesome.

Justballscalls, I can assure you that the righties here don't appreciate pointing out the obvious relating to one of their own no matter which way you lean. (shrug)

mostpost
05-25-2010, 10:05 PM
The Bush tax cuts are not costing us anything.
Raising taxes costs us.
Not surprisingly, you are wrong. The Bush tax cuts have cost us a great deal. The cost us years of budget surpluses. They cost us years of worsening infrastructure, roads that were not repaired, bridges that were not replaced. They cost us schools that were neglected. They cost us regulations that were not enforced.
Of course if we would have done all these things it would have cost you a few more dollars a year. God forbid that good of the country should require you to be inconvenienced. :bang: :bang:

bigmack
05-25-2010, 10:06 PM
I guess I didn't explain it as well as I could have.
Don't be sill, you explained it as best you could. Sometimes it's not easy to step-up and drink that koolaid.

Who would possibly come up with figures that go out to '85. 85!! :lol:

Oh, here's who:

The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is a non-profit think tank that describes itself as a "policy organization ... working at the federal and state levels on fiscal policy and public programs that affect low- and moderate-income families and individuals."

Representatives of CBPP attended a May 2006 meeting of the Democracy Alliance to "talk about the agendas they were busy crafting that would catapult Democratic politics into the economic future.

Catapult - Weeeeeeeeeeee.........
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_on_Budget_and_Policy_Priorities

mostpost
05-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Don't be sill, you explained it as best you could. Sometimes it's not easy to step-up and drink that koolaid.

Oh, here's who:

The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is a non-profit think tank that describes itself as a "policy organization ... working at the federal and state levels on fiscal policy and public programs that affect low- and moderate-income families and individuals."

Representatives of CBPP attended a May 2006 meeting of the Democracy Alliance to "talk about the agendas they were busy crafting that would catapult Democratic politics into the economic future.

Catapult - Weeeeeeeeeeee.........
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_on_Budget_and_Policy_Priorities All that does not change the fact that the Bush tax would cost three times what the Social Security shortfall would be. CBPP did not make up those figures the Social security numbers come from the trustees report.

Why not Ben Diesel came up with figures that stretch to infinity.

bigmack
05-25-2010, 10:23 PM
For the record, Mack brought up Grayson all by his lonesome.(shrug)
Who 'shrugs'? Then again, 46zilzal recently 'giggled'.

I get it. It's the light, it's the loafers.

Let's see, Grayson....Grayson...

Ahhhh. I knew he had something to do with this tread:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/5_25_10_19_18_01.png

boxcar
05-25-2010, 10:51 PM
So far you have not answered the question of what time period that $109 trillion covers. I suspect it is the projection out to the infinite horizon.

Tax cuts don't cost a dime. It's the out-of-the-control spending that cost big time. Cut the welfare state in half for starters. Then suspend the income tax for a year and then watch the economy soar through the stratosphere.

Boxcar

lsbets
05-26-2010, 07:15 AM
All that does not change the fact that the Bush tax would cost three times what the Social Security shortfall would be. CBPP did not make up those figures the Social security numbers come from the trustees report.

Why not Ben Diesel came up with figures that stretch to infinity.

Wrong as usual in mp lala land. In 2007, from David Walker:

In a speech to the National Press Club, Comptroller General David Walker noted the release of the 2007 Financial Report of the United States Government and described the estimate that the "federal government's total liabilities and unfunded commitments for future benefits payments promised under the current Social Security and Medicare programs are now estimated at $53 trillion, in current dollar terms, up from about $20 trillion in 2000."

http://www.lao.ca.gov/Retireehealth/RetSummary.aspx?id=348

That's a lot more than the imaginary tax not collected you speak of. But, truth and reality are two things that mean very little to hard core lefties like yourself. If you spend 10 minutes, I'm sure the 109 trillion number won't be hard to come by. I spent 30 seconds finding the above for you.

BenDiesel26
05-26-2010, 09:47 AM

I just told you what the report says. The report states when they will become insolvent. I know you hate the CBO. Basically, the $107 trillion is the difference between what has been promised and what will be collected in taxes. Sorry if that bothers you mostpost.

46zilzal
05-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Imperialism is what bankrupted societies since time began. Idiots just keep repeating it.

bigmack
05-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Imperialism is what bankrupted societies since time began. Idiots just keep repeating it.
When again did time begin?

ArlJim78
05-26-2010, 10:09 AM
the latest example of imperial societies to go bankrupt, Iceland and Greece?

Tom
05-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Imperialism = Sadaam Hussein and his military takoever and = the Taliban take over.

Get your facts straight. WE are not Imperialists.

boxcar
05-26-2010, 11:43 AM

Did you receive this remarkable revelation from your Buddhist hero "his holiness" the Dali Lama?

Boxcar

ddog
05-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Imperialism = Sadaam Hussein and his military takoever and = the Taliban take over.

Keep saying it.

46zilzal
05-26-2010, 12:42 PM

it would help to have a definition

imperialism: The policy of extending a nation's authority by territorial acquisition or by the establishment of economic and political hegemony over other nations.

Long practiced by the Romans, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese and currently the US

Tom
05-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Nope. WE are not doing that.

WE are protecting the people from those who are trying to.

WE are helping them hold elections so that THEY can take control of their countries, just like we did to Germany and Japan after WWII.

You think we were imperialists back then?
How many other nations do as much for those that just waged war against them?

You dare to compare our actions in Iraq with those of Hussein?

PhantomOnTour
05-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Gotta side with Tom here. Were we imperialists when we beat back the Iraqis from Kuwait? Does S Korea consider us imperialists? How bout the French?

Tom
05-26-2010, 01:24 PM
The French might. :bang:

Ocala Mike
05-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Getting back to Grayson, can't help posting this link for your edification:

http://alangrayson.house.gov/news/email/show.aspx?ID=3HMNCS4AY2W2LIDSEQT5GXDZ2M

He's not my rep, but the rep for the district to the east of me. I get e-mails from Stearns (my rep), Grayson, Brown, and Waite sent to me.

Ocala Mike