PDA

View Full Version : Opening Weekend grosses

andicap
07-27-2003, 10:48 PM
Considering it opened on far fewer screens and is not a kids film like "Spy Kids " (which got good reviews), "SeaBiscuit " did OK.

$21.5 M ...

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Entertainment/ap20030727_817.html

superfecta
07-29-2003, 09:19 PM
is $ amount avg per screen, which Seabicuit won.Kinda like us going to the track,you bet 32 dollars and win 32 dollars,i bet 19 dollars and win 21.You won more money,or did you?;)

Zaf
07-29-2003, 09:44 PM
I saw both this weekend. Had to take my kid to that Spy Kids thing. What a piece of garbage.

Seabiscuit on the other hand was fantastic. I will see it again as soon as possible !

ZAFONIC

JustRalph
07-29-2003, 10:15 PM
I would suggest that if you are thinking you will wait for video, you may want to see it on the big screen for the racing scenes alone. They are pretty good and the sound etc I am sure just wouldn't be the same on video or DVD. Of course you wait for video you won't have to put up with the idiot who left his cell phone on during the movie......like I did............after the second time it rang he got the point when half the theater turned around to stare at him.

Trijack
07-30-2003, 12:21 AM
I went this afternoon. Great movie. My wife gave me the book for my birthday which I finished last night. Will buy the dvd when it is released