PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth tearing up the rest of the tracks in the U.S. and why not!

Igeteven
05-25-2010, 01:25 AM
Monmouth is a success, and why not, they're getting the betting dollar and the rest of the tracks are losing every day to their program they have implemented.

Why, they are taking this very seriously and treating the Owner and Players like human beings for a change.

The rest of the tracks better follow or they will go down hill so fast that they will not know what hit them.

1. Owners get 1500 per horse to start, run a horse twice a month and the day rates are paid for.

2. They have lowered the bets to give the player a reasonable chance to win.

Out here in California, they give you nothing. No rebates, only a calender or a cup, I have enough of their junk.

I don't know about the rest of the States, but N.Y., Fla, and Ky, better follow or they can kiss the betting dollar good bye.

As of now, in California, a lot of owners said good bye to California and why not, they have gotten the shaft for so long and now they can go some where, be treated like a human being for a change. Plus the player can cover more horses in bets and that would produce more winners.

If Monmouth lowers the take out to 10 percent for straight bets, and 15 percent for exotics bet, they would wrap of 90 percent of all bets in the U.S.

So what be be left ?, trainers and owners betting against themselves. :D Now how long would they last. :(

Any one else has opinion on this.

Stillriledup
05-25-2010, 01:34 AM
I won't bet one dollar on the plastic in California. Monmouth will be getting the bulk of my dollars this summer.

Igeteven
05-25-2010, 01:37 AM
I won't bet one dollar on the plastic in California. Monmouth will be getting the bulk of my dollars this summer.

I am right behind you, I live in California, and I have NOT bet a dollar here, Ky and N.J. is were I am betting now.

cuzimahustler
05-25-2010, 02:59 AM
tearing up how? PA said it best sure handle is up but still not killing the other major track.

slewis
05-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Monmouth is a success, and why not, they're getting the betting dollar and the rest of the tracks are losing every day to their program they have implemented.

Why, they are taking this very seriously and treating the Owner and Players like human beings for a change.

The rest of the tracks better follow or they will go down hill so fast that they will not know what hit them.

1. Owners get 1500 per horse to start, run a horse twice a month and the day rates are paid for.

2. They have lowered the bets to give the player a reasonable chance to win.

Out here in California, they give you nothing. No rebates, only a calender or a cup, I have enough of their junk.

I don't know about the rest of the States, but N.Y., Fla, and Ky, better follow or they can kiss the betting dollar good bye.

As of now, in California, a lot of owners said good bye to California and why not, they have gotten the shaft for so long and now they can go some where, be treated like a human being for a change. Plus the player can cover more horses in bets and that would produce more winners.

If Monmouth lowers the take out to 10 percent for straight bets, and 15 percent for exotics bet, they would wrap of 90 percent of all bets in the U.S.

So what be be left ?, trainers and owners betting against themselves. :D Now how long would they last. :(

Any one else has opinion on this.

I dont have a major opinion, but I know your math skills suck.

Monmouth Sat handle (13 races) ...$9,357,000

Belmont Sat handle (10 races) ......$11,927,000

Sunday:

Monmouth: (12 races) ...$7,046,000

Belmont : (10 races) ....$7,792,000

(In case no one told you, the purse money that Monmouth is so graciously giving away is a ONE year deal)

By August, when the handle is up less then 20% over last year they'll be trying to figure a way to KEEP owners and trainers next year.

Nevertheless, it's an experiment and they are TRYING, unlike the clowns that run the show across the river.

Tom
05-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Let's see how they do once Saratoga opens.

First weekend and a dismal Sunday card at Belmont.
This week, a holiday.
OK, they BETTER do great.

Obviously, the 50 cent pic 5 is being well received.
That might be worth looking at by other tracks.

David-LV
05-25-2010, 10:15 AM
tearing up how? PA said it best sure handle is up but still not killing the other major track.

Since when is MTH a major track?

Give them credit for trying to do something to improve the game.

MTH is at the Jersey shore with almost all horse players get there by car.

Conn OTB and New York OTB didn't take the MTH signal on Sat & Sun.

I think they did pretty good for there first weekend.

I will be in full support of MTH giving them all my betting dollars this whole meet.

_________
David-LV

Robert Goren
05-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Considering all the hype, they had a pretty poor weekend. Let see if can get 125% increase this weekend. The real test will come in about a month. There were people saying that they were going to average over 200%. That is not going to be happening. I originally thought they might be getting about 15%. That was based on them doing at least 300% the first weekend. I now think that when the final numbers are in they will be lucky to be up at all. JMO

Igeteven
05-25-2010, 10:56 AM
I dont have a major opinion, but I know your math skills suck.

Monmouth Sat handle (13 races) ...$9,357,000

Belmont Sat handle (10 races) ......$11,927,000

Sunday:

Monmouth: (12 races) ...$7,046,000

Belmont : (10 races) ....$7,792,000

(In case no one told you, the purse money that Monmouth is so graciously giving away is a ONE year deal)

By August, when the handle is up less then 20% over last year they'll be trying to figure a way to KEEP owners and trainers next year.

Nevertheless, it's an experiment and they are TRYING, unlike the clowns that run the show across the river.

for a nothing track last meet, they're doing well and the handle will continue to go up

David-LV
05-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Considering all the hype, they had a pretty poor weekend. Let see if can get 125% increase this weekend. The real test will come in about a month. There were people saying that they were going to average over 200%. That is not going to be happening. I originally thought they might be getting about 15%. That was based on them doing at least 300% the first weekend. I now think that when the final numbers are in they will be lucky to be up at all. JMO
Get over it.

If the handle was up 1000% you would find fault with it.

You just love to bet those 4 horse fields running on synthetic garbage.:bang:

_______
David-LV

Igeteven
05-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Get over it.

If the handle was up 1000% you would find fault with it.

You just love to bet those 4 horse fields running on synthetic garbage.:bang:

_______
David-LV

:ThmbUp:

Tom
05-25-2010, 12:42 PM
I get the impression this not nearly as much of a Go Go Monmouth thread as it is a boo boo synths thread. :D

startngate
05-25-2010, 02:14 PM
If Monmouth lowers the take out to 10 percent for straight bets, and 15 percent for exotics bet, they would wrap of 90 percent of all bets in the U.S.While you may have made some good points, you lost any sense of credibility with this statement.

Would guess myself that it would be far more likely that 90% of all bets in the US are made by people who either don't know what the takeout is and/or don't really care, are getting rebates large enough that the lowered takeout wouldn't matter, or have no idea where Monmouth is even located.

If that weren't bad enough for your prediction, I don't even fall into any of those categories and still wouldn't play Monmouth at those takeout levels because I have never had any luck handicapping the track.

No question the meet has a good chance to be very strong compared to previous years at Monmouth, and I hope it's successful because the industry as a whole needs to follow the fewer racing days/higher purses model moving forward.