PDA

View Full Version : Met Mile

SmartyLane
05-24-2010, 10:14 PM
I know Quality Road was being pointed to this race last I had heard. I see he has been working at Belmont since the beginning of May. So I would assume is running in the Met Mile??? Anybody know?

If so I sure hope he puts on another show.

Jasonm921
05-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Yeah he is still pointed to it, unless something has changed. It's usually a very good race.

the little guy
05-24-2010, 10:24 PM
He'll be running against, most likely, eight or nine opponents including Warrior's Reward, Kensi, and You and I Forever.

letswastemoney
05-24-2010, 10:51 PM
The only question is how much Quality Road will win by. Rock Hard Ten 1985 will agree with that.

RockHardTen1985
05-25-2010, 01:27 AM
If not for QR Warriors Reward would be 7-5 vs the group that is running Monday, anyway QR wins by 16 lenghts in 1.32.1, the beyer will be 128 and then later get changed to 120.

SmartyLane
05-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Well QR has been my favorite horse in training since early last year. I sure you are all right, and he puts on a show. Even though he can carry his speed in a route I think the nile might be his best distance. I think he could flat out smash anything out there at this distance. Here's to a great race and safe to all running. Go QR!

PhantomOnTour
05-26-2010, 01:17 PM
How many races do you think Quality Road has left in his career? Three? Maybe four? I don't think we will see him as a 5yr old.

Met--Whitney--fall race at Bel--BC Dirt Mile or Classic....retired.

gm10
05-26-2010, 04:09 PM
How many races do you think Quality Road has left in his career? Three? Maybe four? I don't think we will see him as a 5yr old.

His problems have already prolonged his career so should we hope for more problems or a big season?!?

PhantomOnTour
05-26-2010, 04:17 PM
His problems have already prolonged his career so should we hope for more problems or a big season?!?
Good question. Four races may be asking too much, but i think they wanna run at Sar again, and the Whitney is the race.

RockHardTen1985
05-26-2010, 04:21 PM

I think the layoff till now was all planned to set him up for a huge summer....
I think he goes... Met-Whitney-Woodward-JCGC-BCC, so I think its 5 more... I also am pretty sure he is best at 9f and not 8f..... So he will be hard to deny in the Whitney-Woodward, Todd has gone this route before with Flower Alley and Lawyer Ron, I think its 99% he runs in both.

ghostyapper
05-26-2010, 04:38 PM
I think the layoff till now was all planned to set him up for a huge summer....
I think he goes... Met-Whitney-Woodward-JCGC-BCC, so I think its 5 more... I also am pretty sure he is best at 9f and not 8f..... So he will be hard to deny in the Whitney-Woodward, Todd has gone this route before with Flower Alley and Lawyer Ron, I think its 99% he runs in both.

Thats a nice thought but no way he runs in all them. Either they skip the woodward for the jcgc or use the woodward as his final prep for the bcc.