PDA

View Full Version : tote board updates

SchagFactorToWin
05-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Do all ADWs update the odds and exp. payouts at the same time? I use YouBet and they update every 60 seconds. I was wondering if any ADWs update, say, every 30 seconds. Or does the track decide the time frame?

rrbauer
05-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Network update data is controlled by the tote company that runs the pari-mutuels at the host track.

InTheRiver68
05-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Tote data at the track itself generally updated every 20 seconds. The ADW *could* update their data as often as every five or ten seconds, ensuring that the most recent information gets to the customer as quickly as possible, but it would make their interface annoying to deal with.

- InTheRiver68

SchagFactorToWin
05-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Thank you.

I don''t suppose anyone knows of an ADW that posts Yonkers data more than every 60 secs.?

Horseplayersbet.com
05-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Tote data at the track itself generally updated every 20 seconds. The ADW *could* update their data as often as every five or ten seconds, ensuring that the most recent information gets to the customer as quickly as possible, but it would make their interface annoying to deal with.

- InTheRiver68
That is correct, not sure about 10 seconds, but as it comes closer to post time, it is my understanding that tote updates every 20 seconds at least. Horseplayersbet.com updates every 60 seconds.

olddaddy
05-24-2010, 03:24 PM
It would be nice if ADW's would update every 20 seconds inside 2 minutes to post.

Crassius
06-05-2010, 07:47 AM
One thing that irks me about twinspires.tv is their updates are always behind Youbets. You see this most clearly if you open up the pool totals and watch them, as the odds may not change between updates, but the amounts in the pools do everytime. I'm not talking about the frequency of each update...which is about 60 sec for both, but that Twinspires is behind from the beginning, so each update is not as accurate as Youbet's.

You'll see from 20 min out till after post time Youbet has more money in the pools each update, and the final youbet totals are closer to the final total than Twinspires is at the gate.

This means less surprises as youbet is closer to the final number than several other s I have opened up side by side and watched.

... Supertote, for example.