PDA

View Full Version : OTB IS NOT TAKING MTH??

GARY Z
05-22-2010, 01:48 PM
According to news from several buds....

Could be the ultimate payback after their screwing NYRA..

riskman
05-22-2010, 03:37 PM
This from the NYC OTB website:

TRACK ADVISORY

The following tracks will not be available for wagering today as per the NYS Racing & Wagering Board: Churchill Downs, Suffolk Downs, Monmouth Park, Thistledown, Calder, Pimlico, Delaware Park, Arlington Park, Louisiana Downs, Hollywood Park, Presque Isle Downs and Australia. Thank you

No reason given. Anyone know why?

foregoforever
05-22-2010, 03:46 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/113152.html

bdownes
05-22-2010, 03:59 PM
I did some simple adding. Not exact. Monmouth is over 3.4 million through 5 races.

riskman
05-22-2010, 07:22 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/113152.html

Thanks for the info. Yesterday I was at a NYC OTB Restaurant location and the manager would only say OTB was having "simulcast" problems. Would not offer any additional information. E-Mails to OTB never are answered. I have had it with NYC OTB and at the end of the day withdrew the majority of my funds from my wagering account. Will find another ADW after I cool down. In the interim, I will take a vacation from horse wagering.

Brogan
05-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Ummm...a good guess is the missing signals aren't being allowed by the source tracks without a guarantee that they will get paid.

onefast99
05-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Ummm...a good guess is the missing signals aren't being allowed by the source tracks without a guarantee that they will get paid.
Another brilliant move by the walking dead.

therussmeister
05-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Actually, they are not allowed by the NY State Wagering Board without a guarantee the OTBs can pay.

The Hawk
05-22-2010, 11:37 PM
NY OTB is still in business?

GARY Z
05-23-2010, 06:42 AM
NY OTB is still in business?

Imagine if the local bookie in your area refused to pay you for his
collected bets, or refused to pay winnings to his clients?

Odds of surviving would be one trillion -1

I still can't fathom why any operator looking to build/operate
the racinos downstate would not take the shot of networking
OTB in their formula to win the contract with NYRA.

kenwoodall2
05-23-2010, 11:32 AM
The order from the New York State Racing and Wagering Board reduced New York City OTB's Friday afternoon Thoroughbred menu to two New York tracks, Belmont Park and Finger Lakes - both are required to be carried by law - and Golden Gate Fields.