PDA

View Full Version : Need some printer info

HUSKER55
05-22-2010, 02:29 AM
I ran into a problem with my printer and it looks like I am going to have to take it to the shop.

The printer que will show a paper to be printed but the my printer just sits there and the diagnostic tool says there is nothing wrong. I uninstalled the program and reloaded it and I even tried the generic address for it from HP to no avail.

any ideas would be appreciated. everything works except the printer. The light is on and the status bar says ready.

the printer is hard wired into the computer. It is not wireless.

thanks

JustRalph
05-22-2010, 03:36 AM
make sure the printer isn't set to "Offline"

if it is usb, I know it sounds stupid.....but try a different cable

make sure the lights are green........for ready. no other colors and none flashing

rispa
05-22-2010, 06:22 AM
I have had the same problem in the past with my HP Laser printer. This is what I did, and it worked for me. Delete the printer from your machine; and make sure that you can no longer see it. Then I powered off the printer, and shut down my computer as well. Power both on again. Once the computer is completed reloading; you should get a message that says; "A new piece of hardware has been found". Add your printer drivers as normal; and if given the opportunity to print a test page do so. If the test page does not print; the computer is not seeing the printer for whatever reason.

Best of luck.

GameTheory
05-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Try a different computer as well. I have an aging computer that seems to be gradually becoming flaky -- the MB is going bad or something. One day it decided to stop recognizing the USB printer. Plugged it into another machine, all is fine.