PDA

View Full Version : The REAL News from Thursday's CHRB Meeting

Edward DeVere
05-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Did you know that Oak Tree is losing a million dollars per meeting?

I didn't.

Did you know that this annual million-dollar loss has been taken care of the last two years by the Breeders' Cup revenues?

I didn't.

In all the politicking to move the Breeder's Cup to Oak Tree at Santa Anita on a permanent basis, have you heard the partisans talking about this?

I haven't.

Fager Fan
05-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Did you know that Oak Tree is losing a million dollars per meeting?

I didn't.

Did you know that this annual million-dollar loss has been taken care of the last two years by the Breeders' Cup revenues?

I didn't.

In all the politicking to move the Breeder's Cup to Oak Tree at Santa Anita on a permanent basis, have you heard the partisans talking about this?

I haven't.

One has to wonder if it's true, honestly. If they had a loss, then how did they have money to give away to charities?

Also, it was widely reported that they owed the BC money, so how can they be claiming to be makign money off the BC?

rwwupl
05-22-2010, 12:22 PM
The real news from Thursday CHRB meeting at Golden Gate 5-20-10

http://www.chrb.ca.gov/press_releases/2010_05_21_press_release.pdf

Covers Oak Tree Lease,Bankruptcy,Offer of new deal to Oak Tree from Magna, MID should be a team player,etc.

excerpt:

The Board approved the application for the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club to operate a race meet at Del Mar from July 21 through September 8. Del Mar President and General Manager Craig Fravel reported that advance sales of tickets and reserved seats are up significantly over last year, especially among corporate interests, suggesting improved business for the upcoming meet. He also noted that Del Mar will be offering 50-cent Pick 4 wagering. And at the suggestion of the CHRB’s Pari-Mutuel Operations Committee, Del Mar will experiment with decimal odds displays in a limited way while retaining all of its traditional fractional odds displays. Chairman Brackpool agreed with Fravel that if full decimal odds displays are going to be presented, they should be introduced methodically and at all California racetracks, not just at Del Mar. In another agenda item pertaining to Del Mar but unrelated to the 2010 Del Mar application, the Board set a June 15 deadline for any prospective operator of a race meeting at Del Mar for 2011 and beyond to submit an application to the CHRB for a certificate of eligibility

InsideThePylons-MW
05-22-2010, 03:31 PM
No further discussion on the Los Al takeout hike handle numbers?

toussaud
05-22-2010, 03:34 PM
You can't look at it, as that black and white. it cost money to put on the breeders cup, alot of it, so part of those loses had to do with the expenses that were taken on by putting on the breeders cup.