PDA

View Full Version : Anyone enjoying Hollywood Park?

Igeteven
05-21-2010, 12:25 AM
If one plays the exotics plays, are you doing any good?

I can't see anyone really making any money out there with their short fields.

So if you are, please post.

Stillriledup
05-21-2010, 12:45 AM
Stop betting synthetics. The only way they'll change back to dirt is if people stop betting.

Stop betting. Bet on simulcasting instead.

JustRalph
05-21-2010, 01:08 AM
I am having a great time. It's the only track I play in Ca. I love the Turf at HOL

+0.16 for the meet........not getting rich.....but the only reliable poly track I can find...........In SoCal you have to know the players.......trainers and riders. HOL is the one place I actually consider riders more than any place else.

Beyes and Reyes have saved my week a few times lately.........

Acclamation on the turf course was just a blast to watch with Reyes up.

TBaze is my fav out there and I track his rides pretty well.

plainolebill
05-21-2010, 04:10 AM
I'm enjoying Hollywood too (it's the first racetrack I ever attended). Reyes did a great job with Acclamation, came back and got the next race too at good odds.

David-LV
05-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Hollywood=Garbage racing on a fake garbage surface.

Where have all the horses gone?

I know, we don't want to run on that synthetic junk.

Support Monmouth, at least they are trying to do something.

_______
David-LV

Mr. Nobody
05-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Chalk eaters are enjoying it. Favorites winning 40% with a .95 ROI.

Greyfox
05-21-2010, 12:07 PM

A $ 30,000 Pick 3 there the other day and you say "chalk eaters." Yeah, sure.
So far Holly is fine by me.

JustRalph
05-21-2010, 01:01 PM

I think Acclamation was 15-1

Katherines something on the Turf course was 16-1 the other day

Those two alone were nice ones..........

I agree, there is some chalk......but you gotta know when to strike :lol:

just like every place else

Stillriledup
05-21-2010, 04:41 PM
A $ 30,000 Pick 3 there the other day and you say "chalk eaters." Yeah, sure.
So far Holly is fine by me.

I want to bet on California DIRT, people like you are the ones who are forcing me to switch circuits. I dont want to switch, i want to bet california racing on dirt. It doesnt matter if a random pick 3 pays 30 grand, its still plastic racing, eventually we all run out of money.

GaryG
05-21-2010, 04:47 PM
If you like polytrack the Woodbine meet is going full speed now. I have been playing it for two weeks and the results have been better than I had hoped for. The track plays fair and the turf course is open.

6furlongs
05-21-2010, 04:56 PM
I want to bet on California DIRT, people like you are the ones who are forcing me to switch circuits. I dont want to switch, i want to bet california racing on dirt. It doesnt matter if a random pick 3 pays 30 grand, its still plastic racing, eventually we all run out of money.

I hate poly, but I'm having a good Hollywood meet. I did very well there last Friday.

Greyfox
05-21-2010, 05:21 PM

So because you don't like racing on poly we should all follow suit and support you by not playing there?
Your post sounds very "pouty," as if we should feel sorry for you.

Get it straight riley, "No one is forcing you to do anything."
If I don't like a track or circuit, I don't play there.
I don't blame the patrons who do.
If you can't figure out a winning model for poly, there are lots of dirt tracks all over the country.

Stillriledup
05-21-2010, 05:23 PM
So because you don't like racing on poly we should all follow suit and support you by not playing there?
Your post sounds very "pouty," as if we should feel sorry for you.

Get it straight riley, "No one is forcing you to do anything."
If I don't like a track or circuit, I don't play there.
I don't blame the patrons who do.
If you can't figure out a winning model for poly, there are lots of dirt tracks all over the country.

Yes, you should NOT support it.

:3x:

Greyfox
05-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Yes, you should NOT support it.

:3x:

The fact of the matter is I'm going to keep playing So Cal whether it's on poly or dirt doesn't matter to me.
Thousands of others are going to keep playing there as well.
So you can fly a banner over the park from here until the meet closes, and people will do what they want to do, not what you want them to do.
In effect, times change. The fittest survive. Those who can't adapt are toast. Learn to play the surface.

JustRalph
05-21-2010, 06:28 PM
I play where I do well.

Two poly tracks I can play are Woodbine (although I hate the take) and HOL

Any other polytrack........ I suck............

Gary,,,,,,Woodbine has been very fair this week if you ask me. Chantel is tearing them up

I will be checking out Monmouth too........

toussaud
05-21-2010, 06:37 PM
I hit the 6 horse that 34 ot 1 a few Fridays ago and a few other smaller bets. i've been freaking massacring HP this year

surfdog89
05-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Well Tonight is a better card then usual........... I enjoy Hollywood

http://handicapperscorner.blogspot.com/

miesque
05-21-2010, 08:28 PM
I have been enjoying Hollywood and am actually settling in for tonight's card, great way to cap the end of a truly crappy week. I will be sitting out there in exactly three weeks and looking forward to it.

Stillriledup
05-21-2010, 08:28 PM
The fact of the matter is I'm going to keep playing So Cal whether it's on poly or dirt doesn't matter to me.
Thousands of others are going to keep playing there as well.
So you can fly a banner over the park from here until the meet closes, and people will do what they want to do, not what you want them to do.
In effect, times change. The fittest survive. Those who can't adapt are toast. Learn to play the surface.

Why should i learn to ride a bicycle again, when i don't have to? As long as there are dirt track still available to play in the country, i don't have to throw out all my years of experience and start over like a newbie.

plainolebill
05-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Why should i learn to ride a bicycle again, when i don't have to? As long as there are dirt track still available to play in the country, i don't have to throw out all my years of experience and start over like a newbie.

Ok, you don't have to.

Stillriledup
05-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Ok, you don't have to.

Thanks.

:jump:

Lasix67
05-21-2010, 09:19 PM
I use to love Hollywood. My biggest hits happened there, but I must admit that I haven't play Hollywood that much over the past couple of years probably due to the obvious.

andymays
05-21-2010, 09:24 PM
I use to love Hollywood. My biggest hits happened there, but I must admit that I haven't play Hollywood that much over the past couple of years probably due to the obvious.

It was better before Marge Everret changed the layout.

plainolebill
05-22-2010, 01:22 AM
It was better before Marge Everret changed the layout.

Wrong, it's a great layout, especially the turf course. And.. if Marge were running it now they wouldn't be having the problems they have now.

InTheRiver68
05-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Short fields are working out well for me, especially when one horse attracts far too much show money!

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/HOL052310USA3.pdf

- InTheRiver68

Mr. Nobody
05-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Updating through Sunday's racing:

Total Races: 199
Winning Favorites: 83
Favorite Win Percentage: 0.417085427136
Favorite ROI: 0.972864321608
Average Field Size: 7.78894472362