05-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Google Announced the Google Tv project today

It will be coming in the next TV you buy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diTpeYoqAhc

more here

http://www.google.com/tv/

chickenhead
05-21-2010, 04:54 PM
it was really kind of interesting to watch their Developer Keynote yesterday where they released a ton of new Android stuff and this Google TV...usually Google is really kind of nerdy and understated; we think its neat, hope you like it....

yesterday with their new Android stuff they were outright mocking Apple technology...they did a demo showing how w/ their new sw a phone they released a few months ago is faster than the Ipad and all stood around laughing about it..

showing any music and any apps bought on a computer automatically showing up on your phone, no syncing or tethering required "see there's this thing, it's called "The internet"..it lets you do amazing things..."

they never showed that kind of swagger publicly before...they are feeling pretty good. I'm sure it didnt go over too well in Cupertino, but I thought it was funny.

JustRalph
05-21-2010, 06:30 PM
The fact that adobe was on stage with them, and they ran several Adobe flash demo's (from what I am reading, didn't see it myself) one analyst I read said they might as well have been giving Steve Jobs the middle finger.

chickenhead
05-21-2010, 07:03 PM
yeah, they hammered that too...showed Nickelodeon site on the IPad, fail cube, showed it on their phone doing all the flashy stuff. "we want to give our users the full internet, and it turns out people use FLASH on the internet" laughs all around.

they seriously should have had a guy on stage in the corner with both arms extended throwing middle fingers for the entire keynote........(for the hearing impaired)

JustRalph
05-22-2010, 12:57 AM
They showed off all the new Android phone stuff today.

Google TV looks kind of goofy to me ? But they will be selling Sony TV's with it in about 4 mths.

The Android phones and what they can do is awesome.........including push from the web. Which means you can send stuff directly from the web to your phone etc............ with one click ..........