PDA

View Full Version : Obama, Calderon Joint Press Conference

boxcar
05-20-2010, 12:28 AM
Here are BO's opening remarks:

Obama said that in his meeting with Calderone, "We also discussed the new law in Arizona, which is a misdirected effort -- a misdirected expression of frustration over our broken immigration system, and which has raised concerns in both our countries. Today, I want every American to know my administration has devoted unprecedented resources in personnel and technology to securing our border. Illegal immigration is down, not up, and we will continue to do what's necessary to secure our shared border.

And I want everyone, American and Mexican, to know my administration is taking a very close look at the Arizona law. We're examining any implications, especially for civil rights. Because in the United States of America, no law-abiding person -- be they an American citizen, a legal immigrant, or a visitor or tourist from Mexico -- should ever be subject to suspicion simply because of what they look like."

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2010/05/obama_with_calderon_again_blas.html

What I would like to ask all you BO-supporting libs out there is this: Who is the Moron-in-Chief referring to in this statment:

Because in the United States of America, no law-abiding person -- be they an American citizen, a legal immigrant, or a visitor or tourist from Mexico --
should ever be subject to suspicion simply because of what they look like."

I need some of you libs to enlighten me; for truly I am missing something critically important in the above statement. If BO is referring to a "law abiding person" strictly as those he mentions later, i.e. Americans, visitors, tourists, or legal immigrants, what is all the flap over about this Arizona law? Is this Arizona law targeting Americans, visitors, tourists or legal immigrants?
If not, why are libs so up in arms over this Arizona law, since the law is only targeting "law abiding" persons? But if the law isn't targeting these kinds of persons, then BO's statement is nothing but a red herring, isn't it? It's designed to detract from the real issue of people who are here in the U.S. ILLEGALLY, isn't it?

Or another possible explanation is that in BO's world there is no such thing as an illegal alien. Everyone in this country -- with or without documents -- with or without papers -- he considers to be merely "visitors" or "tourists". But...if there's no such animal as an illegal alien, why are there federal statutes on the books that regulate immigration and establish immigration policies? How come I haven't heard mention of repeal of all federal immigration laws?

Or...maybe someone out there can explain to me how an illegal alien, whose very presence on U.S. soil is in violation of federal laws, can also be a law-abiding person? How does that work, exactly?

Libs, this is YOUR Moron-in-Chief who you dearly love. (Remember: he's not mine because he disenfranchised this white guy recently.) This is your fuhrer (well, at least Woody Allen's and I'm sure others' as well). This is supposedly one of the brightest geniuses on our planet (so some have billed BO), so it should be easy for you libs to explain his statements, which to me seem a wee bit irrational and illogical. So, I'm looking for someone to lead me down the path of light -- perhaps some empty cup bearer? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
05-20-2010, 12:50 AM
I need some of you libs to enlighten me....

It's not possible. I pass.

Greyfox
05-20-2010, 01:55 AM
Obama also said to Calderon:

"In the 21 st Century we are defined not by our borders but by our bonds."

i.e. The USA is no longer defined by it's borders.

The video of him making those comments is elsewhere on this board in the
China ...Arizona thread. Of interest, the video was also on the Drudge Report but the link has been taken down since this afternoon.

bigmack
05-20-2010, 02:01 AM
BO is so wise. I believe I'll go down to TJ this weekend and walk into the ER with a ready to deliver pregnant woman and see how things go.

Then we'll see how 'our bonds' are draining this country dry.

ArlJim78
05-20-2010, 07:30 AM
illegal aliens are now "visitors" according to our president and he stands side by side at the White House with a foreign leader deriding law abiding citizens of the US.

imo opinion the president is a traitor, and unfit for the office. its a crime that he should disregard the borders of our country since he is supposedly the chief law enforcement officer of the country.

Tom
05-20-2010, 07:41 AM
I see those two together and I see Hitler and Mussolini.

Both are enemies of America.
And all who follow them .

Ovimit is a disgusting POS. He worries about potential profiling while in reality,
AMERICANS are being murdered and kidnapped at an alarming rate.
He talks about comprehensive immigration reform when NONE is needed. All that is needed if to enforce existing laws and protect the border.
But Ovomit's plan is the destruction of American...nothing else.

GD Ovomit
GD Ovomit

ArlJim78
05-20-2010, 07:47 AM
by the way, why is this Calderone allowed to speak before congress today? he should be sent packing back to Mexico (Obama should go with him) for encouraging people to break our laws and enter the country illegally.

I hope that when he starts dissing Arizona and ranting about our laws in front of congress that they start loudly booing him. Joe Wilson, are you listening?

boxcar
05-20-2010, 10:43 AM
It's not possible. I pass.

I realize that. The problem I pointed out with BO's comments is waaaay above your pay grade. (This is also accounts for why the simple-minded sheeple are so attracted to BO.)

Boxcar

ArlJim78
05-20-2010, 12:33 PM
rush is playing some hysterical clips from a CNN Wolf Blitzer interview with Calderone.

The first part Calderone talks about how troubling the AZ law is.
then Blitzer asks him if police in Mexico go around asking people to show their papers to prove their identity. "Of course" answers Calderone.

Then Blitzer asks el Presidente what happens if a Nicaraguan enters Mexico illegally and tries to get a job. "We send them back" answers Calderone.:lol:

Hopefully there is a video of this circulating around.

boxcar
05-20-2010, 12:47 PM
rush is playing some hysterical clips from a CNN Wolf Blitzer interview with Calderone.

then Blitzer asks him if police in Mexico go around asking people to show their papers to prove their identity. "Of course" answers Calderone.

Then Blitzer asks el Presidente what happens if a Nicaraguan enters Mexico illegally and tries to get a job. "We send them back" answers Calderone.:lol:

Hopefully there is a video of this circulating around.

Isn't Calderone a dyed-in-the-wool leftist? Aren't all Leftists hypocrites? Living by double standards is standard fare for leftists. Libs gorge themselves on this!

Boxcar

ddog
05-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Obama also said to Calderon:

i.e. The USA is no longer defined by it's borders.

The video of him making those comments is elsewhere on this board in the
China ...Arizona thread. Of interest, the video was also on the Drudge Report but the link has been taken down since this afternoon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

by "bonds" , he MEANT muni/corp/junk BONDS.

Ya can call bama a leftist , but he isn't he's a full on fascist that pretends to be a lefty for popular consumption and that's the way the gvt of this country had been going ever since Bush1. Bush2 was a fascist but needed the "compassionate" b.s. to pull along enough dimwits to get elected.

These dudes are all ONE-WORLD types, they do not have any U.S. interests at heart, they are wired to please the corp and corp/state actors on a world-wide basis.

The Islamic fanatics have THIS PART OF IT CORRECT.

Bush2 put it in high gear and now this clown is going for the gold, all of it.

a fascist murdering bum for a potus, never thought i would live to see the day.

sad sad. :ThmbDown:

bigmack
05-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Big deal in LA today. A bunch of UCLA students (illegally here) lay down on Wilshire Blvd. Traffic was jammed for miles. Many employees had to simply go back home because they couldn't get to work.

Poor dears want the Dream Act to be passed right away as they're about to graduate and can't get a job without documentation.

Movement afoot from disgruntled motorists by the thousands to have them deported.

We can only hope.

boxcar
05-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Big deal in LA today. A bunch of UCLA students (illegally here) lay down on Wilshire Blvd. Traffic was jammed for miles. Many employees had to simply go back home because they couldn't get to work.

Poor dears want the Dream Act to be passed right away as they're about to graduate and can't get a job without documentation.

Movement afoot from disgruntled motorists by the thousands to have them deported.

We can only hope.

They should have all been tossed into jail for civil disobedience. Protesting peacefully is one thing; disrupting civil order is something else.

Boxcar

Tom
05-20-2010, 08:24 PM
They should have been driven over - like the stupid little speed bumps they are.

No loss. Take out the trash.

PaceAdvantage
05-20-2010, 11:19 PM
It's not possible. I pass.Or in other words, I can't, even though I participate here often and am usually never at a loss for words.

PaceAdvantage
05-20-2010, 11:21 PM

Hopefully there is a video of this circulating around.It's total insanity, and no amount of video clips will ever change the minds of the insane.

We've already gone through this on a variety of other topics.