PDA

View Full Version : software

jandrus
05-19-2010, 10:07 AM
:) Is there any new software coming out that will be using bris files. maybe something different than the same old programs.

CBedo
05-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Sorry, I can't answer your question, but as someone who is thinking of writing some web based horse racing applications, I'll ask the flip side of the original question. What types of features or types of software are you (or others) looking for? Research, handicapping, selections, money management and wager structuring, task automation, other?

raybo
05-19-2010, 10:04 PM
:) Is there any new software coming out that will be using bris files. maybe something different than the same old programs.

I would also like to know what you mean by "something different".

douglasw32
05-19-2010, 10:58 PM
AllData is different =) and can be modified to do just about anything

raybo
05-20-2010, 07:06 AM
AllData is different =) and can be modified to do just about anything

That's true, but, I'd still like to know what he has in mind.

emsteve16
05-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Hey Raybo, If you haven't already answered my email then you can disregard. I read your website and then went to Brisnet and wasn't sure what files you are referring. I see Allways. Also, do you think Open Office will convert from Excel. Thanks, Eric

raybo
05-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Hey Raybo, If you haven't already answered my email then you can disregard. I read your website and then went to Brisnet and wasn't sure what files you are referring. I see Allways. Also, do you think Open Office will convert from Excel. Thanks, Eric

AllData uses either Brisnet's DRF or MultiCAPS files, as well as, TSN's PPs or ProCAPS files. Brisnet's "Allways" files will not work in AllData.

I doubt that OO will open AllData and have the spreadsheet appear the way it does in Excel. Also, AllData is chock full of macros, for automation, and that is a "no go" with OO.

emsteve16
05-20-2010, 05:21 PM
Thanks Raybo. I'm in the process of opening your zip file but I guess thats irrelevant now since you say it won't work. I guess I will have to buy a copy of Excel. :bang: I was just hoping to get rolling this weekend. Thanks for the info though and look forward to putting your software to work.