PDA

View Full Version : Industry Positives

horseking
05-19-2010, 02:05 AM
I feel like we spend a lot of time complaining about our ADW's and the general problems with the industry...I thought I'd try a thread where we talk about positives rather than negatives....things we like about our ADW's....things that make it easier and more enjoyable to wager, watch and appreciate the sport....

For instance....I have to say being able to watch the races anywhere (provided I have an Internet connection) is a definite plus....while we all have complaints about video quality from time to time, the ability to sit and watch and not be tied to my television DEFINITELY makes it easier for me to watch and wager.

Come on...lets try some positives for a change...this industry could use some!

oexplayer68
05-19-2010, 02:20 AM
You are so right Horse King. ADW's have come so far the past 10 years or so, and the competitive landscape has been nothing but a positive for customers.

My monthly bill for BRIS Ultimate PP's used to run $200-$300 back in the 90's, but now I don't pay a thing if I wager as little as a straight dime super. You mentioned video, and that was basically a pipedream not too long ago unless you had C-band.

For my money, rebates have been the biggest benefit to the player. Practically anyone can get them now. If you are a good customer, they even compete for your business. Personally, it's totally changed the way I approach this game, and thankfully allows me to make a living doing something that I love. I always tell the people that I deal with that I totally view my relationship with them as a partnership, as if there were no rebates, I would have little interest in staying in the game.

It will be interesting to see what changes over the next few years, mainly with M&A as well as the likelihood of many tracks ceasing to exist. The industry as a whole is not at all progressive, but I hope that ADW's don't stand pat, or even worse regress in what they can offer players.