PDA

View Full Version : Geometry of assassination

GaryG
05-18-2010, 07:15 PM
The Justice Bros are headed south as we speak...:rolleyes:

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- A Jefferson County geometry teacher was investigated by the Secret Service after he used a hypothetical assassination of President Obama as a way to teach angles.

School officials say the Corner High School teacher apparently was teaching his students about parallel lines and angles and used the example of where to stand and aim to shoot the president.

Authorities were alerted, and Roy Sexton, special agent in charge of Birmingham's Secret Service office, says his agency spoke with the teacher, did not find a credible threat and closed the investigation. No charges were filed.

Superintendent Phil Hammonds says the teacher remains at work and there are no plans to fire him.

Snag
05-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Anyone taking bets that the next news article ties this teacher to the Tea Party?

Robert Goren
05-18-2010, 07:23 PM
I wonder if he used GWB as the target a couple of years ago.

bigmack
05-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Can we get the Psychology instructor to figure out the amount of brain damage Eric Holder has?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/topbottom.gif

Greyfox
05-18-2010, 07:30 PM
The Justice Bros are headed south as we speak...:rolleyes:

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- A Jefferson County geometry teacher was investigated by the Secret Service after he used a hypothetical assassination of President Obama as a way to teach angles.

Superintendent Phil Hammonds says the teacher remains at work and there are no plans to fire him.

I dislike and disagree with Obama as much as anyone.
However, I believe that this teacher should be fired.
That is totally unacceptable and unprofessional behavior for a teacher.

Snag
05-18-2010, 07:34 PM

RG, everyone knows that GWB was not smart enough to be a target. We were reminded of this daily by the news media.

bigmack
05-18-2010, 07:39 PM

Weren't you first in line to see the flop film?

http://www.hypebeast.com/image/2007/10/death-of-president-neighborhood.jpg

PhantomOnTour
05-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Teacher shouldn't have chosen a sitting President for his experiment...how foolish. What about an ACTUAL past assassination like JFK or Lincoln? He deserves to be disciplined for his terribly bad judgment.

This is a no-brainer.

Hanover1
05-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Umm...Birmingham, Alabama dude.....Selma just down the road a stones throw. Despite the ignorance, they have memories and beliefs. They loved Wallace, and are clanish to this day. Fired? Don't hold your breath.......

cj's dad
05-18-2010, 07:51 PM

Then what should happen to Al Gore for scaring the shit out of elementary school kids with his global warming horseshit ??

Maybe he should have been the hypothetical target !!!

GaryG
05-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Umm...Birmingham, Alabama dude.....Selma just down the road a stones throw. Despite the ignorance, they have memories and beliefs. They loved Wallace, and are clanish to this day. Fired? Don't hold your breath.......No, Selma is down the road from Montgomery. Not a stones throw, but it is in the same state. You seem to know a lot about Alabama.

Greyfox
05-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Then what should happen to Al Gore for scaring the shit out of elementary school kids with his global warming horseshit ??

Maybe he should have been the hypothetical target !!!

Neither Gore or Obama should be hypothetical targets.
Teaching angles for "assassination" of anyone, living or dead, to school aged children is wrong.

cj's dad
05-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Neither Gore or Obama should be hypothetical targets.
Teaching angles for "assassination" of anyone, living or dead, to school aged children is wrong.

Then the movie "Death of a President" meets with your approval ????

PhantomOnTour
05-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Do the teacher's actions meet with your approval????

Hanover1
05-18-2010, 08:55 PM
No, Selma is down the road from Montgomery. Not a stones throw, but it is in the same state. You seem to know a lot about Alabama.
35-40 miles west of Montgomery is the precise location? I do know EXACTLY where Clanton is.................. ;)

wes
05-18-2010, 09:36 PM
http://www.citytowninfo.com/places/alabama/clanton

Clanton, Alabama, in Chilton county, is 37 miles NW of Montgomery, Alabama (center to center) and 144 miles SW of Atlanta, Georgia. The city has a population of 7,800.

wes

skate
05-18-2010, 09:47 PM
perfectly good example, good for the teach.

Has NOTHING to do with WHOEVER is Pres, nothing.:ThmbUp:

Greyfox
05-18-2010, 10:11 PM
perfectly good example, good for the teach.

Has NOTHING to do with WHOEVER is Pres, nothing.:ThmbUp:

Brilliant. :lol: :lol: (Don't let fear and common sense hold you back here.) :lol:

Greyfox
05-18-2010, 10:14 PM
If only I wrote Bizzaro cartoons....oh my lot in life. :lol:

Tom
05-18-2010, 11:32 PM
Did he post the lesson the internet? :eek::lol:

I think we have far better things for law enforcement to be doing.
Like, we missed tow attempted terror attack already on dipstick's watch.

Let's go after REAL threats.

cj's dad
05-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Do the teacher's actions meet with your approval????

It's in poor taste. Your turn.

PhantomOnTour
05-19-2010, 10:50 AM
It's in poor taste. Your turn.
Exactly--that was my point in my first post on the topic. Terrible judgment.

Greyfox
05-19-2010, 11:16 AM

How would you draw that conclusion from my earlier remarks?
I've never even seen that movie.

As we're on page 2 now, I believe the teacher should be fired.

Tom
05-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Poor taste, who cares?
That is the standard the left has set.
Live with it.

I see no reason for an ounce of concern.

FREE SPEECH, baby.

Obama got a problem with this guy, he should step down as prez.
I have zero problem with it.

GaryG
05-19-2010, 11:56 AM
The powers that be in Oregon didn't have a problem with that nut that told his students that the Tea Party movement must be infiltrated and brought down. Also no problem with the San Diego County teacher that wants to take back the stolen Mexico. I wonder if the Bama teacher has been contacted to share his figures.....

Greyfox
05-19-2010, 12:00 PM
I see no reason for an ounce of concern.

FREE SPEECH, baby.

Teachers can say what they want on their own free time.
The public taxpayers are not giving them free license to say whatever they want baby in the classroom. There is a curriculum. There are bounds of civility and professionality that are expected to be maintained.

cj's dad
05-19-2010, 12:38 PM
The public taxpayers are not giving them free license to say whatever they want baby in the classroom. There is a curriculum. There are bounds of civility and professionality that are expected to be maintained.

Such as passing out condoms ??

And if you think that MOST of these teachers (at least here in Md.) are not a bunch of left leaning loons, you have your head in the clouds.

My company managed a rehab project at a middle school 2 years ago. The pictures and slogans hanging on the walls of many of the classrooms were very politically motivated. One I remember was a picture of George Bush with a red circle drawn around and a black slash diagonally across; real cute !!

As much as I despise BHO, I stand by my assertion that the lesson is in poor taste but should the teacher be fired ??

HELL NO !!!!

Greyfox
05-19-2010, 12:43 PM
And if you think that MOST of these teachers (at least here in Md.) are not a bunch of left leaning loons, you have your head in the clouds.

!!!

??? I never said that or even implied it?? Quit making stuff up here.
I repeat:
I simply stated that I think this teacher should be fired.
You don't think so. Fine.

Tom
05-19-2010, 12:50 PM

:lol::lol::lol:What country do you live in?
That is NOT he case in Amerika. When they deal with the backlog of left bad comment, we can talk about this guy. I figure he is behind a few hundred in line.

I used to agree with you, but I am totally willing to adopt the standards of the left. I had to live for 8 years putting up with their shit, now they can have it right back at them. An eye for an eye.

Besides, what he did is hardly as bad as some of the left's stuff. There was at least some academian merit to his story.

cj's dad
05-19-2010, 01:02 PM
??? I never said that or even implied it?? Quit making stuff up here.
I repeat:
I simply stated that I think this teacher should be fired.
You don't think so. Fine.

You did say this:

"The public taxpayers are not giving them free license to say whatever they want baby in the classroom"

My point is that if what is said and done matches a liberal agenda, such as handing out condoms or hanging derogatory pictures of a Republican President all is well.

hazzardm
05-19-2010, 05:27 PM
I used to agree with you, but I am totally willing to adopt the standards of the left. I had to live for 8 years putting up with their shit, now they can have it right back at them. An eye for an eye.

He's a font of misplaced rage. Name your cliché; Mother held him too much or not enough, last picked at kickball, late night sneaky uncle, whatever. Now he's so angry moments of levity actually cause him pain; gives him headaches. Happiness, for that gentleman, hurts.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Longshot Louie
05-19-2010, 06:21 PM
He's a font of misplaced rage. Name your cliché; Mother held him too much or not enough, last picked at kickball, late night sneaky uncle, whatever. Now he's so angry moments of levity actually cause him pain; gives him headaches. Happiness, for that gentleman, hurts.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve Buscemi in Con Air?

Longshot Louie
05-19-2010, 06:23 PM

Exactamundo.

Hanover1
05-19-2010, 06:29 PM
http://www.citytowninfo.com/places/alabama/clanton

Clanton, Alabama, in Chilton county, is 37 miles NW of Montgomery, Alabama (center to center) and 144 miles SW of Atlanta, Georgia. The city has a population of 7,800.

wes
We were referring to the location of Selma.......thanks anyways....

bigmack
05-19-2010, 06:33 PM
Umm...Birmingham, Alabama dude.....Selma just down the road a stones throw. Despite the ignorance, they have memories and beliefs. They loved Wallace, and are clanish to this day. Fired? Don't hold your breath.......
Ohhhh, I get it, you think the teacher did this because he's a racist klansman.

What were the people that made the movie about assassinating Bush; anti-honkey?