PDA

View Full Version : Place Your Bets...Bill Christine

rwwupl
05-18-2010, 09:55 AM
http://www.horseraceinsider.com/blog.php/west-coast-wash/comments/05182010-place-your-bets/#comments

The morning line on Frank Stronach and the future of California racing

Exccerpt:
THAT Sherwood Chillingworth of Oak Tree will look at the new lease and say, "Say, Frank, what's this part where we give you $10 million so you can go back to dirt?" 250-1

andymays
05-18-2010, 10:19 AM
One thing we can be sure of is that it will be a bloody train wreck. When it's over whoever walks away thinking they won something will be sadly mistaken. There still won't be enough horses to fill up a merry go round.

Not only that, as this goes on more and more people are losing confidence that California can ever come back and are moving away.

Here come the lawsuits. :bang:

California is in intensive care and New York is on life support.

Monmouth is going to benefit more than people imagine.

DJofSD
05-18-2010, 10:33 AM
They shoot horses, don't they? Why not race meetings?

Just put CA racing out of it's misery. Perhaps a phoenix will rise from the ashes sans Frankie-boy and the drug dependent horses and trainers.

I like that line, Andy: not enough to fill a merry go round. Maybe they can borrow some from the one at Balboa Park. Do they still have one at Seaport Village? I remember when they acquired and restored that one.

andymays
05-18-2010, 10:34 AM
They shoot horses, don't they? Why not race meetings?

Just put CA racing out of it's misery. Perhaps a phoenix will rise from the ashes sans Frankie-boy and the drug dependent horses and trainers.

I like that line, Andy: not enough to fill a merry go round. Maybe they can borrow some from the one at Balboa Park. Do they still have one at Seaport Village? I remember when they acquired and restored that one.

I walked by the one in Balboa Park this morning. I guess that's how I came up with the line. :)