PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Tuesday for incumbents ??

sonnyp
05-17-2010, 04:15 PM
pat caddell, former democratic pollster, on fox news predicting a very rough day for incumbent reps. (democrat or republican) in tomorrow's elections.

kentucky, arkansas, and pennsylvania appear poised to "throw the scalliwags out" in favor of tea party candidates.

lets hope the baby doesn't go out with the bathwater and this is just the beginning of the purge of the worthless scum in washington.

bigmack
05-17-2010, 04:34 PM
How fitting one of the first to go will be Arlen Specter. Good riddance.

boxcar
05-17-2010, 05:19 PM

A "favorite son" of the great state of PA, too! The Dems are going to have a rough time of it...but they already knew that when they shoved BOCare down our throats.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
05-17-2010, 05:38 PM
It will be with great pleasure watching Spector the weazil go down in flames. Even sweeter because Obama went out to stump for him not long ago and Dem's tried to bribe Sestak not to run against Spector. There is news that the White house has already thrown Spector under the bus ala Coakley. An Obama endorsement means pack your bags, you're going home.:lol:

the one in Kentucky it looks like the tea party candidate Paul will crush the establishment Republican pick Grayson.

sandpit
05-17-2010, 07:01 PM
the one in Kentucky it looks like the tea party candidate Paul will crush the establishment Republican pick Grayson.

Yep, and the old fart Mitch McConnell is pulling out all the stops for Grayson, even called my house today stumping for him...maybe McConnell can go the way of Specter and the rest of the bums...Mitch is undoubtedly the goofiest looking dude in the Senate...

cj's dad
05-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Yep, and the old fart Mitch McConnell is pulling out all the stops for Grayson, even called my house today stumping for him...maybe McConnell can go the way of Specter and the rest of the bums...Mitch is undoubtedly the goofiest looking dude in the Senate...

And Barbara Milkulski (D. Md.) is the female equivalent.

ArlJim78
05-17-2010, 07:29 PM
McConnell is a perfect example of an ineffective Republican leader who needs to step aside and let some new blood into the system. there are many of them.

newtothegame
05-17-2010, 07:49 PM
As I have been saying for a bit now...if your name has "I" behind it...for incumbant...YOU NEED TO GO!!!

prospector
05-17-2010, 07:53 PM
why in the hell do 70+ year old men want to stay in congress?
how about mandatory retirement?

throw 'em out...coming for you johnny mc cain in august..
we have a special election here tomorrow for a "TEMP..JUST FOR 3 YEARS" sales tax increase to pay down debt...they're pushing it like we need the teachers...no we don't! not these ones.
i voted no 3 weeks ago..

NJ Stinks
05-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Arlen Specter doesn't owe anybody anything. He is about as independent as they get in the Senate and has voted as he sees fit for years. Obviously, the people in PA have admired that in him for about 30 years and I admire that trait myself. You don't have to. (shrug)

Having said that, I think he is too old and should step down.

boxcar
05-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Arlen Specter doesn't owe anybody anything. He is about as independent as they get in the Senate and has voted as he sees fit for years. Obviously, the people in PA have admired that in him for about 30 years and I admire that trait myself. You don't have to. (shrug)

Having said that, I think he is too old and should step down.

He's a RINO. Pure and simple. As such, he's a despicable politician. And it appears the people in PA are finally getting it.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
05-17-2010, 08:30 PM
RINO or DINO, even Spector doesn't know what he is anymore. Maybe he'll pull a Crist and run as an independent?:lol:

bigmack
05-17-2010, 08:39 PM
I'll say this and I would have never guessed it 8 months ago but after all the marginalizing, ridiculing, mocking, & myriad of vile attacks on people in The TParty by 95% of media and many, their influence is now officially grand.

Wow.

NJ Stinks
05-17-2010, 08:45 PM
I'll say this and I would have never guessed it 8 months ago but after all the marginalizing, ridiculing, mocking, & myriad of vile attacks on people in The TParty by 95% of media and many, their influence is now officially grand.

Wow.

It makes sense that your best chance at being "grand" is in primaries. Especially in state primaries where only party members can vote. Disagree with that, Mack.

fast4522
05-17-2010, 09:06 PM
He is a dirtbag, when he was a Republican he was a dirtbag. It will be a pleasure to see him enjoy what years he has left unemployed. Backing the President with Marxist filth that has not worked in any part of this planet that is guaranteed to bankrupt every single State.

JustRalph
05-17-2010, 09:22 PM
why in the hell do 70+ year old men want to stay in congress? how about mandatory retirement?

http://dailycaller.com/2010/05/12/retirement-age-the-painful-realities-of-the-oldest-congress-in-history/

it's a slow connection........wait for it.

bigmack
05-17-2010, 11:01 PM
It makes sense that your best chance at being "grand" is in primaries.
Me? I ain't got no involemant (sp) with that TP. I revel in the cacophony of their many detractors. It's one hellaofa show if you been paying attention.
Darn good thing it's all logged for generations to laugh uproariously. :lol:

You think their influence will wain come the month of 11? :rolleyes:

A flurry of visits for Corzine was a hint. A hug from BO doomed Crist. A visit for Coakley nailed the coffin.

Dems should run from BO & Co. like a diabetic from a glazed donut.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/images-3.jpg

boxcar
05-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Me? I ain't got no involemant (sp) with that TP. I revel in the cacophony of their many detractors. It's one hellaofa show if you been paying attention.
Darn good thing it's all logged for generations to laugh uproariously. :lol:

You think their influence will wain come the month of 11? :rolleyes:

A flurry of visits for Corzine was a hint. A hug from BO doomed Crist. A visit for Coakley nailed the coffin.

Trust me they will. BO will become the anathema to his party that Bush was to his! A little poetic justice can go a long way...

Boxcar

Track Collector
05-17-2010, 11:29 PM
And Barbara Milkulski (D. Md.) is the female equivalent.

The state of Maryland will be better off once this liberal and career politician leaves office. If only the citizens who vote her in every year would wake up and understand what she is all about.

sonnyp
05-17-2010, 11:41 PM
The state of Maryland will be better off once this liberal and career politician leaves office. If only the citizens who vote her in every year would wake up and understand what she is all about.

this statement applies to 99% of the incumbents !!

NJ Stinks
05-18-2010, 12:19 AM

That reminds me. Consumer Reports said a glazed donut is one of the fattest foods you can ever eat.

Just consider this tidbit another "healthcare" goodie from your friends on the liberal side of the aisle. :p

NJ Stinks
05-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Trust me they will. BO will become the anathema to his party that Bush was to his! A little poetic justice can go a long way...

Boxcar

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are....

Boxcar, I think you have the rest down pretty good. :p :lol:

newtothegame
05-18-2010, 01:55 AM
It makes sense that your best chance at being "grand" is in primaries. Especially in state primaries where only party members can vote. Disagree with that, Mack.

I find it hillarious...that a few months back it was basically that the tea party was a joke....now its well of course you can be grand in the primaries...lol...wonder what will being said come november lol??? :lol:

NJ Stinks
05-18-2010, 02:24 AM
I find it hillarious...that a few months back it was basically that the tea party was a joke....now its well of course you can be grand in the primaries...lol...wonder what will being said come november lol??? :lol:

Newtothegame, I won't be around to respond probably becaue I'm tired. But if it mostly true that TP members are conservative Republican voters, why wouldn't those same people make ip the largest majority voting in GOP primaries tomorrow? And why wouldn't these TPers win the day since they are the Republican party's most zealous members?

Hard to imagine any other outcome on the Republican side tomorrow. I seriously doubt any bookies would even accept bets on the outcomes. (shrug)

newtothegame
05-18-2010, 02:57 AM
Newtothegame, I won't be around to respond probably becaue I'm tired. But if it mostly true that TP members are conservative Republican voters, why wouldn't those same people make ip the largest majority voting in GOP primaries tomorrow? And why wouldn't these TPers win the day since they are the Republican party's most zealous members?

Hard to imagine any other outcome on the Republican side tomorrow. I seriously doubt any bookies would even accept bets on the outcomes. (shrug)

I have no doubts that the primaries will go a certain way....but the primaries are just a stepping stone to bigger things. Primaries come first.....
and then these things happen after.....(and providing I am not mistaken, this is a district where registered voters are 2-1 democrats)....hmmm oddd don't ya think that both candidates are almost DEAD even???

Updated May 17, 2010

Pennsylvania District Turns Into 'Saudi Arabia of Natural Gas' Ahead of Tuesday Primary

By Chad Pergram

- FOXNews.com

Oil and water don't mix. But oil and politics certainly do. And that's what the candidates in Tuesday's special election in Pennsylvania's 12th District hope to capitalize on as the race offers a glimpse into the mood of the electorate nearly six months before the midterm election.
Both Democrat Mark Critz and Republican Tim Burns are echoing each other in their comments about the potential energy wealth that could be tapped in the southwestern Pennsylvania district.

"Western Pennsylvania could become the energy capital of the world," Critz said Sunday on the campaign trail.

"We could be the energy capital of the world," Burns said at a separate event. "I tell people the solution to America's energy independence is right here in the 12th District."

The talk of Pennsylvania's energy dominance comes as a gigantic oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico forces a nationwide debate about energy production, oil independence and the environmental strains of offshore drilling.
The spill is so prominent it has nearly wiped from public memory any discussion about the safety practices and environmental soundness of coal production that followed last month's deadly coal mine collapse in West Virginia.

As BP struggles to cap the well spewing into the Gulf, later this week a key House committee could start to depose key figures involved in April's coal mine collapse in West Virginia that killed 29 people.

But in western Pennsylvania, where the first oil well in the United States was built and coal mining is still a way of life, both the spill and the mine disaster are the backdrop for the debate about where the country should turn to satisfy its energy needs.

Both candidates have highlighted the potential boon for the area through energy production, which translates into jobs in a part of the country that has lost much of its blue-collar job base over the past 20 years.

"We have coal. We have Marcellus shale gas. We have solar power down in Mt. Pleasant. We have wind power with Gamessa up in Ebensburg and we have nuclear with Westinghouse up north of Pittsburgh," said Critz.

"We have the two largest coal mines in the world in this district," said Burns in an interview with Fox News. "And huge reserves of natural gas. This has been called the 'Saudi Arabia of natural gas' right here in western Pennsylvania."

Pennsylvania ranks 30th in per capita energy production and produced nearly 4 percent of the country's total energy needs in 2007, with 3.6 percent of the country's total oil production in 2008.

But just as western Pennsylvania may be the "Saudi Arabia of natural gas," other regions are trying to present alternative energy solutions to replace imported petroleum from the oil-rich Middle East kingdom.

Oklahoma has been called the "Saudi Arabia of wind;" West Virginia is "the Saudi Arabia of coal."

Wyoming was previously declared the "Saudi Arabia of natural gas" and Iowa has drawn the moniker of being the "Saudi Arabia of ethanol," due to its extensive corn production.

Both candidates have said they oppose the climate bill that is idling in Congress, with Critz saying the legislation passed in the House "would have a negative impact on jobs and working families. He has said he wants to expand domestic drilling as part of "a long-term strategy" toward U.S. energy independence.

As for Burns, he says he will "fight off harmful legislation like cap-and-trade and stop the EPA from killing coal jobs through over-regulation." He instead has applauded a bill authored by Democratic Sen. Bob Casey that he says would eliminate some federal regulation and clear the way for energy production.

Polls in the district show the candidates have drawn within a point of each other and within the varying margins of error.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/17/pennsylvania-district-turns-saudi-arabia-natural-gas-ahead-tuesday-primary/

bigmack
05-18-2010, 02:57 AM
But if it mostly true that TP members are conservative Republican voters, why wouldn't those same people make ip the largest majority voting in GOP primaries tomorrow?
How would you get that notion when accurate polls say otherwise?

You're not buying unbiased stories from: Time, Newsweek, CBS, NBC, ABC, NPR, PBS, Reuters, AP, MSNBC, CNN, WashPost, NYTimes, LATimes, AtlConstitution, etc.. are you?

GaryG
05-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Rand Paul is leading in Kentucky.....:jump:

mostpost
05-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Rand Paul is leading in Kentucky.....:jump:
And both the candidates in the democratic Senate primary have more votes than Rand Paul. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mostpost
05-18-2010, 08:51 PM
In my (not so) humble opinion, Sestak will be a better candidate for the democrats.

bigmack
05-18-2010, 09:02 PM
In my (not so) humble opinion, Sestak will be a better candidate for the democrats.
I'd be less (not so) and more 'so', otherwise, your nose might grow.

Paul has already been declared the weiner with pert near 60%.

You think this seat will go Dem?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/think005.gif

mostpost
05-18-2010, 09:30 PM
I'd be less (not so) and more 'so', otherwise, your nose might grow.

Paul has already been declared the weiner with pert near 60%.

You think this seat will go Dem?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/think005.gif
My impression was that the Tea Party put a lot of effort into Rand Paul's campaign and really worked to get out the vote for him. Also, the Republican primary was much the more publicized primary. Yet, last I saw results (just before 8 local) Paul had 150,000 votes. The two democrats had 178,000 and 156,000. To answer directly; I think the seat is definitely in play and right now I will say yes.

ArlJim78
05-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Down goes Spector.
Buh bye.

bigmack
05-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Down goes Spector.
Buh bye. Ain't Specter with an e?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/applause.gif

ArlJim78
05-18-2010, 10:44 PM
that E isn't fooling me. throw a wig on Arlen, its the same guy.
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-2/Phil-Spector-hair.jpg

Tom
05-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Obama.....one lump or two? ( in your TEA!)

ArlJim78
05-18-2010, 11:33 PM
hs0cvwDLjow

Robert Goren
05-18-2010, 11:46 PM
Spector didn't lose to a tea partyer, but to liberal. The only seat that was up for election was the 12th in PA. Murtha's old seat now open because of Murtha's death. The Democrat a former aide of Murtha's kick the butt of the tea party republican (who spent over million dollars). The tea party did win some republican primaries today.

sonnyp
05-18-2010, 11:52 PM
Spector didn't lose to a tea partyer, but to liberal. The only seat that was up for election was the 12th in PA. Murtha's old seat now open because of Murtha's death. The Democrat a former aide of Murtha's kick the butt of the tea party republican (who spent over million dollars). The tea party did win some republican primaries today.

the point is this : spector WAS IN.......now HE'S OUT. many of his scummy associates will find themselves in the same position including pelosi, reed and THE BOSS.

prospector
05-18-2010, 11:53 PM
have you discounted the 2-1 ratio of dems over conseratives in the district..or the fact the dem ran to the right of atta the hun...we'll see how he votes..rematch in november..better vote the way he ran..

jballscalls
05-18-2010, 11:54 PM
the point is this : spector WAS IN.......now HE'S OUT. many of his scummy associates will find themselves in the same position including pelosi, reed and THE BOSS.

i dont follow san fran politics, but i cant imagine her losing in that city no matter what.

bigmack
05-18-2010, 11:59 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/breaking_news160BlinkLarge.gif
Straight from MSNBC. :lol:

Loved to see Olbermann having to say The Tea Party, rather than the epithet he would have liked to give credit to Paul. :D

That must have pinched his sphincter to have to say.

Big Ed was his usual 'Fargo Dizzy'
Maddow remains in a tizzy from Haliberton being involved with BP. :eek:

By the way: It's spelled Specter

sonnyp
05-19-2010, 12:02 AM
if she doesn't get caught in the avalanche she'll be so lonely surrounded by all the "new faces" she will be rendered useless literally instead of figuratively as she is now. in some way" she'll slit her wrists and take a warm bath".

ArlJim78
05-19-2010, 12:14 AM

By the way: It's spelled Specter
FYI, it's spelled Halliburton.

mostpost
05-19-2010, 12:16 AM
There are going to be some very sad and confused Tea Partiers come November.

sandpit
05-19-2010, 12:16 AM
And both the candidates in the democratic Senate primary have more votes than Rand Paul. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Historically, there are far more registered democrats than republican registered voters in Kentucky; right now it's 1.62 million vs 1.04 million in favor of democrats. Despite this overwhelming number, Kentuckians regularly send republicans to Congress and the White House (Obama lost by a BIG margin here).

In the Paul/Grayson election, it was a landslide similar to the Obama loss here...Grayson had no traction even though he was endorsed by Mitch McConnell and Dick Cheney. On the other hand, the Conway/Mongiardo was a statistical dead heat, with only 5500 votes separating the pair. Makes sense more dems would be voting because they each one made a difference. Plus, do a little research, there were FOUR dem candidates, not 2. Each of them got 20,000 plus votes, which was huge. They were like a couple of Perots.

Saw Rand Paul on a live local tv news interview out in some parking lot after he won. The news guy told him Conway would be his November opponent. Paul seemed ecstatic at the proposition, calling Conway the best foe we could hope for. He said he welcomed many visits from President Obama to campaign on Conway's behalf.

FYI, Conway is the owner, along with his dad, of Stately Victor, who was up the track in the Derby and was the one who sent Lookin At Lucky into the rail.

bigmack
05-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Goodness knows. I've been watching your mothership station.

I see it's no longer The Tea Party - It's "The Party, Ron Paul is the Godfather Of" :lol: :lol:

Desperateness has no limits.

sonnyp
05-19-2010, 12:25 AM

the tea party is not the issue, it's the useless and pointless incumbents accomplishing absolutely nothing.

hopefully joining the group of sad and confused you mention above will be the vast majority of these incumbents. regardless of what they profess they stand for it has become increasingly more apparent they stand for themselves and their own agendas.

all the sad and confused can then ride off into the sunset.

Robert Goren
05-19-2010, 12:42 AM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/breaking_news160BlinkLarge.gif
Straight from MSNBC. :lol:

Loved to see Olbermann having to say The Tea Party, rather than the epithet he would have liked to give credit to Paul. :D

That must have pinched his sphincter to have to say.

Big Ed was his usual 'Fargo Dizzy'

By the way: It's spelled Specter So you are the one. I have been wonder who was that one last person who is still watching Olbermann.

mostpost
05-19-2010, 01:01 AM
Historically, there are far more registered democrats than republican registered voters in Kentucky; right now it's 1.62 million vs 1.04 million in favor of democrats. Despite this overwhelming number, Kentuckians regularly send republicans to Congress and the White House (Obama lost by a BIG margin here).

In the Paul/Grayson election, it was a landslide similar to the Obama loss here...Grayson had no traction even though he was endorsed by Mitch McConnell and Dick Cheney. On the other hand, the Conway/Mongiardo was a statistical dead heat, with only 5500 votes separating the pair. Makes sense more dems would be voting because they each one made a difference. Plus, do a little research, there were FOUR dem candidates, not 2. Each of them got 20,000 plus votes, which was huge. They were like a couple of Perots.

Saw Rand Paul on a live local tv news interview out in some parking lot after he won. The news guy told him Conway would be his November opponent. Paul seemed ecstatic at the proposition, calling Conway the best foe we could hope for. He said he welcomed many visits from President Obama to campaign on Conway's behalf.

FYI, Conway is the owner, along with his dad, of Stately Victor, who was up the track in the Derby and was the one who sent Lookin At Lucky into the rail.
You are correct. Information that I learned after my post. Nonetheless I will stick with my opinion that this a winnable seat for the Democrats.

johnhannibalsmith
05-19-2010, 01:20 AM
... I will stick with my opinion that this a winnable seat for the Democrats.

I'd say like most seats, it's actually a loseable one for Pubs.

Tom
05-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Obama-backed candidates to date...... 0 fer 4.

lamboguy
05-19-2010, 08:43 AM
Obama-backed candidates to date...... 0 fer 4.
he has a perfect record, can't beat that one

Black Ruby
05-19-2010, 08:45 AM
Kentucky Republicans were confused, they thought they were voting for Ru Paul.

There's not a lot to be gleeful about regardless of the election results. It takes big bucks to campaign and win, so whoever wins is going to be beholden to big money, which bodes ill for anyone who doesn't have big money. And we've all seen, that even if a person begins a legislative career as a principled person trying to represent his/her constituency, before long the attention and power have hold of them so that their major concern is re-election. And of course, that means they need more contributions.

I'd like to see a limit on what can be spent on campaigns, maybe 25% of what the position pays over the term, and candidates can't contribute or loan any more to their own campaign than anyone else can. Of course the media makes too much money on campaign advertising to let this happen.

boxcar
05-19-2010, 10:17 AM

There's not a lot to be gleeful about regardless of the election results.

I don't recall ever seeing these kinds of sentiments expressed when BO won and the Dems took control of both houses. All the libs here were quite "gleeful" if not downright giddy. Funny how these kinds of things surface when the tables are turned, isn't it?

Boxcar

delayjf
05-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Maddow remains in a tizzy from Haliberton being involved with BP

I'll bet she wet her pants over the no bid contract Haliburton recieved recently.

ArlJim78
05-19-2010, 10:35 AM

thread winner right there!

Black Ruby
05-19-2010, 10:51 AM
I don't recall ever seeing these kinds of sentiments expressed when BO won and the Dems took control of both houses. All the libs here were quite "gleeful" if not downright giddy. Funny how these kinds of things surface when the tables are turned, isn't it?

Boxcar

One would have to be a Dem and an Obama supporter for this to be a table turner. As far as I'm concerned the parties might as well be called Bankocrats and Petrolicans. And when Obama went to AIPAC as soon as he got the nomination and got Biden for a running mate, I knew we were in trouble.

JustRalph
05-19-2010, 10:55 AM
This were baby shit victories that don't mean much. If they were able to take Murtha's seat I would be somewhat impressed. There are still no good leaders emerging on either side. The Repubs need one bad............ :bang:

ArlJim78
05-19-2010, 11:56 AM
This were baby shit victories that don't mean much. If they were able to take Murtha's seat I would be somewhat impressed. There are still no good leaders emerging on either side. The Repubs need one bad............ :bang:
I don't think the Republicans necessarily need A good leader to do well this year in the midterms, as the races are all local and statewide. With no clear leader it looks like they will make substantial gains just by running against Obama/Reid/Pelosi.

I do agree though that they need to have at least a few good national leaders ready for 2012. and that scares me because of some of the names that are being floated around. IMO they should look beyond all of the retreads from the past, and go with younger, fresher, faces.

boxcar
05-19-2010, 01:52 PM
I don't think the Republicans necessarily need A good leader to do well this year in the midterms, as the races are all local and statewide. With no clear leader it looks like they will make substantial gains just by running against Obama/Reid/Pelosi.

I do agree though that they need to have at least a few good national leaders ready for 2012. and that scares me because of some of the names that are being floated around. IMO they should look beyond all of the retreads from the past, and go with younger, fresher, faces.

If the Repugs fail to come up with a genuine leader, the results in November will mean little for the long term. It's absolutely crucial for the Repugs to find someone, as I have explained on another occasion. Remember though: The Repugs are the Party of Stupid. They don't inspire a lot of hope.

Boxcar

Tom
05-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Git our yer banjos and play along.....

Way down south in the land of cotton,
Deficit spending is not forgotten,
Get outoftheway, Trey,
Get outoftheway, Trey,
Get out of the way, Trey Greyson

This is the year that we take our stand,
Get in line behind our Rand,
Tea Party,
Tea Party,
Tea Party, it’s our land.

Oh I wish I was in ‘tucky
Last night, Last night
In Kentucky I’ll make my stand, to drive the trash from DC.
Pour the tea, pour the tea, pour the tea down south in ‘tucky

The new Axis of Freedom - Texas, Arizona, Kentucky

ArlJim78
05-19-2010, 02:34 PM
If the Repugs fail to come up with a genuine leader, the results in November will mean little for the long term. It's absolutely crucial for the Repugs to find someone, as I have explained on another occasion. Remember though: The Repugs are the Party of Stupid. They don't inspire a lot of hope.

Boxcar
I'd love to have someone that is regarded as a genuine leader, but I don't think it is absolutely crucial in terms of defeating Obama in '12 which is a moral imperative. we can't sit around whining about how our leaders don't inspire us.

You see no hope, but I look at ANY Republican as hope, as lightyears better than what we have now. we need to get this guy out of office and we will do it whether we have a genuine leader or not.

JustRalph
05-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Rush is all over the air today explaining why the Murtha Seat was not winnable. I disagree. They are all winnable if the right candidate is available.

This year, should have been the one year that seat could have gone the other way.

ArlJim78
05-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Rush is all over the air today explaining why the Murtha Seat was not winnable. I disagree. They are all winnable if the right candidate is available.

This year, should have been the one year that seat could have gone the other way.
its nice to think they are all winnable, and we should try to win them all, but that seat is a real uphill battle with the ratio of union folks and democrats, and the long history of democratic ownership of the seat.

Murtha held on to the seat even after calling his own constituents racist.
In any case, they run again for the same seat this fall. things could still change.