PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one

dartman51
05-17-2010, 08:00 AM
more than a little ticked off over this. Everyone having an account with BOA, should close it immediately.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/bankofamerica.asp

:mad::mad::mad:

cj's dad
05-17-2010, 09:11 AM
I closed my account(s) two years ago when this was first reported.

Every American should do the same.

DJofSD
05-17-2010, 10:00 AM
I hoped you took your business to a smaller regional bank or better yet, a credit union.

cj's dad
05-17-2010, 10:30 AM
I hoped you took your business to a smaller regional bank or better yet, a credit union.

M & T bank - sponsor of Ravens stadium a.k.a. M&T Bank Stadium

lamboguy
05-17-2010, 10:31 AM

close your account? why don't you try to close those thieves up and get rid of the cancer?

cj's dad
05-17-2010, 10:33 AM
close your account? why don't you try to close those thieves up and get rid of the cancer?

Maybe when I retire and have more free time on my hands.

46zilzal
05-17-2010, 03:30 PM
in the late 60's, I had a B of A account. My wife and I would put our paychecks in on a Monday and wait until Thursday to write checks against it....THEY BOUNCED and we had to pay for their painfully slow accounting....Lasted about two months and we left.

boxcar
05-17-2010, 04:06 PM
in the late 60's, I had a B of A account. My wife and I would put our paychecks in on a Monday and wait until Thursday to write checks against it....THEY BOUNCED and we had to pay for their painfully slow accounting....Lasted about two months and we left.

Small wonder. Now they're seeking a different kind of customer which they know will be easier prey to their incompetence. This is analogous to a Dem strategy when they try to get the Dead to vote for them. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

JBmadera
05-17-2010, 04:09 PM

yep, exactly what I did. all my personal/biz banking is now done with a local credit union.

boxcar
05-17-2010, 05:28 PM
yep, exactly what I did. all my personal/biz banking is now done with a local credit union.

JB, I have a question about credit unions: They operate under different banking rules than do regular banks? Do you know what some of the major differences are?

Thanks,
Boxcar

hazzardm
05-17-2010, 05:44 PM

Either that, or buy some BOC shares. They've about doubled in price over the last year.

JBmadera
05-17-2010, 05:46 PM
JB, I have a question about credit unions: They operate under different banking rules than do regular banks? Do you know what some of the major differences are?

Thanks,
Boxcar

the main difference is that they are not for profit, and as such basic fees, interest rates on loans, etc s/b lower than commerical banks. also, by charter, they usually serve a specific local markets like teachers, county workers, etc

cheers,

jb

onefast99
05-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Here is one you won't believe, I am the executor of my sisters estate, she passed away in September of 2009 her mortgage was with Countrywide until they were taken over by BOA. She had the automatic payment withdrawal from her account each and every month. As the executor I closed the account and opened an executors account. The October payment was sent to Texas where it was cashed by BOA on October 9th 2009. In late October I began getting phone calls from a 800 number after 9pm. The caller was from the BOA mortgage center in Pakistan and the callers name was Joe. In a heavy accent Joe began telling me the mortgage payment that was sent was received 3 days past the due date of October 15th. He told me that he will put the account into collection and begin a foreclosure and note it on my credit report. He said that he will call to remind me of this one time per week so I won't be late again. On November 17th a new person from this loan center called me his name was Roger(not Raj)he told me the November payment was received on November 17th, in fact it was sent out on November 3rd and cashed on November 11th. Roger told me that the account is now in collection. In December no payment was made as the house was sold and it closed on December 24th. On December 30th I received another call from the loan center in Pakistan, this time Jordan was the customer service rep and he told me that BOA filed a foreclosure action against the property. I closed every account I had with BOA in January 2010.

boxcar
05-17-2010, 06:44 PM
the main difference is that they are not for profit, and as such basic fees, interest rates on loans, etc s/b lower than commerical banks. also, by charter, they usually serve a specific local markets like teachers, county workers, etc

cheers,

jb

Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate it. I just joined a credit union and thus far I'm very pleased with their service.

Boxcar

Tom
05-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Banks are for-profit?

Then I want my TARP back! :mad: