PDA

View Full Version : TVG crapping on their loyal viewers/customers once again

InsideThePylons-MW
05-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Mr. B and TVG are promoting their viewers/customers to bet Mr. B's early P-4 ticket at Hol.

When the ticket is shown on screen and Mr. B is touting it, he gets to 3rd race and there is an obvious error as he has #2 Wild Huntsman at 30-1 ML as one of his two horses that race.

Of course on their website, you can just click on the ticket with the mistake and play it.

Why can't they just say it's a mistake, don't play the ticket because half the cost of the ticket is on a horse with no possible chance and we don't want you to light your money on fire?

The error was spotted and they still go ahead promoting the ticket.

These guys are criminals.

Stillriledup
05-16-2010, 05:18 PM
That's bad.

I think that many threads on many different message boards have talked about TVGs 'integrity' and they were found to have very little of it. TVG is all about TVG (not all about horse racing as they so proudly trumpet). Their #1 goal is to relieve you of as much money as they can as fast as they can with no cares on how they do it.

GaryG
05-16-2010, 05:24 PM
I don't know why anyone with access to live video would watch TVG. They want your money and show races only when it is convenient. Ont thing is sure, you won't learn anything about handicapping from them. I haven't watched TVG in a couple of blue moons.

Stillriledup
05-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Everything they do or talk about is to get you to wager with them. They are an infomercial for their betting service. Think of them as an infomercial, they are no different from the sham wow guy, they're hawking 'betting' and he's hawking rags that clean up messes. Buncha hawkers.

sonnyp
05-16-2010, 05:39 PM
even i was shocked, yesterday, how long it took them to "squeeze in" the preakness replay. they were able to show it immediately after it went official, and they felt it more relevent to show the paddock at hollywood whith commentary by michelle "who" than the middle leg of the triple crown.

horses4courses
05-16-2010, 05:40 PM
I, too, get sick of their constant pushing of wagers from "experts".
When I have TVG/HRTV on the screen, it's usually with the sound off.

I pay no attention to their selections, and I wager with Youbet or TwinSpires.

I realize they have to sell the wagering aspect to stay in business, but it really is over-kill. :ThmbDown:

Do they really get enough rookies, and suckers, betting their plays?
They could do a much better job at hiring handicappers if they want to generate play........

Tom
05-16-2010, 05:45 PM
It is only a matter of time until the start selling ShamWows between races1

Stillriledup
05-16-2010, 05:48 PM
It is only a matter of time until the start selling ShamWows between races1

I could see it now, Todd comes on and says, "Mr B's pick 4, sponsored by Sham Wow......with Sham Wow, you can use this handy little wipe to clean up the mess that Mr B has left in your TVG account with his Wild Hunstman selection."

InsideThePylons-MW
05-16-2010, 06:13 PM
At least a Sham-Wow is usable and has some value.

GARY Z
05-16-2010, 06:14 PM
You guys should follow my lead, if possible, get Dish Network
and watch real handicappers who discuss horses, conditions
etc.. as against betting all/.all/ all/ with one horse.

These moronsannual ROI must be colder than Siberia in the Winter!

Ps if you get the dish, you automatically get HRTV and TVG.

As I recollect TVG cost an additional 5.00 monthly with Cable Vision

Best

Gary

Stillriledup
05-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Everytime one of you guys sees a TVG 'celebrity' walking around the track, go up to him and say :"hey, aren't you the shamwow guy?"

johnhannibalsmith
05-16-2010, 07:38 PM
... they are no different from the sham wow guy...

Bull. The ShamWOW guy is eighteen times more entertaining than those morons that they have bleeding diarreah from the mouth at Hollywood.

Stillriledup
05-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Bull. The ShamWOW guy is eighteen times more entertaining than those morons that they have bleeding diarreah from the mouth at Hollywood.

Yes, no doubt! :lol:

cj's dad
05-16-2010, 08:03 PM
So. y'all care who the TVG guys and gals are pickin' ??? AMAZING !!!!

Hedevar
05-16-2010, 08:07 PM
I actually find the TVG people somewhat amusing, it is the outright arrogance of a guy like John White that tends to bother me.

Marshall Bennett
05-16-2010, 08:12 PM
I do my own pick 4's and lose as well as they do . Who needs them ?

OTM Al
05-16-2010, 08:18 PM
I believe they could not show the replay until after NBC went off the air. That was the case with the KY Oaks anyway.

And seriously, who cares who they picked. Racing is far better off with them than without.

Stillriledup
05-16-2010, 08:35 PM
I actually find the TVG people somewhat amusing, it is the outright arrogance of a guy like John White that tends to bother me.

Jon White is arrogant?

Seriously?

kenwoodall2
05-16-2010, 08:41 PM
I like HRTV bettter, until I saw Hollywood Park All-Access today! I will keep watching that!! Meanwhile, watch for my 2 top picks...

Hedevar
05-16-2010, 08:44 PM
He cannot complete a thought without including an anecdote about when he was this or that or back when he was talking to the " Bald Eagle". Absolutely, always uses I.

HRTV was much more watchable, for me. when he was with SA.

JustRalph
05-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Jon White is boring.........with a capital BORE!

has anybody checked his pulse lately?

I don't have it anymore........don't miss either network.

Stillriledup
I wouldnt mind a pick from them if the pick was gleaned from inside information. For example, if Ron Ellis says that i like so and so because i heard that he had a throat operation after his last race and that's why he lost by 20 lengths, he's better now, etc. Give me that and i'll consider that valuable information to have. Now as far as them just giving me picks from the racing form....i can do that on my own, i dont need them looking at the form and telling me who they like from reading the paper.

I also dont like them 'forcing' picks. Like, for example, Sarge's pick 4 at Turfway. We all know Sarge is a So Cal based horseguy/former trainer....at least if he gives out a pick 4 from santa anita...well, ok, i can live with that....but when someone who knows nothing about turfway (for example) is giving me a pick 4, well, it kind of stinks to high heaven, this is like calling a lawyer (instead of a dentist) to get your tooth fixed.

garyoz
Bull. The ShamWOW guy is eighteen times more entertaining than those morons

Isn't the Shamwow guy dead? If so, that's funny :lol:

Stillriledup
05-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Isn't the Shamwow guy dead? If so, that's funny :lol:

No that's Billy Mays here. He died recently, he was the other 'pitchman' who was the husky guy with the thick beard.

Hedevar
05-16-2010, 09:00 PM
The shamwow guy got arrested.

Stillriledup
05-16-2010, 09:04 PM
The shamwow guy got arrested.

His name is Vince Shlomi and he got arrested for beating up a hooker. :jump:

exiles
05-16-2010, 09:04 PM
TVG has 1 thing and 1 thing only going for them , Christina Olivares.

point given
05-16-2010, 09:05 PM
No that's Billy Mays here. He died recently, he was the other 'pitchman' who was the husky guy with the thick beard.

Yeah, now he's in Oxyclean heaven.

Stillriledup
05-16-2010, 09:06 PM
TVG has 1 thing and 1 thing only going for them , Christina Olivares.

They have another cute girl working there besides CO, the name escapes me.

johnhannibalsmith
05-16-2010, 09:12 PM
I wouldnt mind a pick from them if the pick was gleaned from inside information...

I wouldn't mind if a pick from them occupied more time than talking about Shaquille O'Neal movies, or diapers, or some restaurant that nobody has heard of, or any one of the two hundred irrelevant discussions that occur every day with Todd, Ken, Simon, et al - particularly when their mindless ramblings preempt live racing at every other track.

I really like the concept of TVG and am glad it exists and could actually find some redemption in entertainment over information, but they can't seem to concentrate on either one. The banter is beyond tedious, never amusing, and I can't imagine who it appeals to. The "informative" portion is equally tedious and rambling, so it isn't helping those that don't need help, nor those that do.

The other night a horse won the race at EMD, but just about put another horse over the fence. We never heard a word about it. They just kept prattling on about whether Right Guard was better than Old Spice or some crap while an inquiry was conducted and a DQ was handed down. No mention of any of the event despite showing the race live because they were preoccupied doing lameass schtick.

Can't somebody take what is at its core a good idea and get some production/direction skills there pronto and find some sort of balance to make the programming a product appealing without hitting mute throughout and returning only at post time?

Hedevar
05-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Nancy is her first name. She used to be the stall manager at Hollywood.

Stillriledup
05-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Nancy is her first name. She used to be the stall manager at Hollywood.

No, im talking about some other girl...she looks latin , she's not really a co host, she's some sort of special correspondent or something like that.

Hedevar
05-16-2010, 09:18 PM
No, im talking about some other girl...she looks latin , she's not really a co host, she's some sort of special correspondent or something like that.

Are you talking about the girl whose last name is Ali?

Stillriledup
05-16-2010, 09:19 PM

No, i dont think so. I think if i heard the name i would know it.

JustRalph
05-16-2010, 09:22 PM
His name is Vince Shlomi and he got arrested for beating up a hooker. :jump:

I think it was the other way around..........did you see his face? And hers? He got Clocked!!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art4/0327092sham1.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art4/0327092sham2.jpg

Stillriledup
05-16-2010, 09:24 PM
I think it was the other way around..........did you see his face? And hers? He got Clocked!!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art4/0327092sham1.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art4/0327092sham2.jpg

Awesome!

:D

Marshall Bennett
05-16-2010, 09:32 PM
gross shit

Hedevar
05-16-2010, 09:33 PM
By what he's wearing it looks like they stopped at a hospital.

Stillriledup
05-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Funny (and maybe ironic) how a thread about TVG turns into a thread where a prostitute ends up beating up her client.

Hedevar
05-16-2010, 09:40 PM
I went on TVG's website Nancy Ury was the woman I was talking about.

Sericm
05-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Why would anyone bet their picks anyway? That's the most ridiculous thing I have read on this forum yet. I use TVG for one purpose, it's convenient to bet without going to the track or a betting site and putting up with all the b.s. at those places.

Who would listen to their endless prattle and lame picks? I leave the computer on video streaming and turn to another channel until the race goes off.

If you can't do your own handicapping then you shouldn't be betting!

Sericm

Hedevar
05-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Why would anyone bet their picks anyway? That's the most ridiculous thing I have read on this forum yet. I use TVG for one purpose, it's convenient to bet without going to the track or a betting site and putting up with all the b.s. at those places.

Who would listen to their endless prattle and lame picks? I leave the computer on video streaming and turn to another channel until the race goes off.

If you can't do your own handicapping then you shouldn't be betting!

Sericm

I think we all agree. We have been talking about tangential matters.

Stillriledup
05-16-2010, 10:14 PM

For some reason, im thinking her name is michelle. Is there a hot michelle at TVG?

picojim
05-16-2010, 10:52 PM
For some reason, im thinking her name is michelle. Is there a hot michelle at TVG?

michelle arnold ..dont think she work there anymore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oakgNBuXCy4

Deepsix
05-16-2010, 10:57 PM
I noticed Michelle Yu..... don't recall the network. Foxy!

turfnsport
05-16-2010, 10:57 PM

Michelle Yu

Deepsix
05-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Good call Turfn. Ha!

toussaud
05-16-2010, 11:02 PM
I am really starting to realize, that TVG or HRTV are not really set up in the bettors best interest.

when i want to be entertained i watch HRTV

when it's time to make money i go to the track feed.

What the hell are you showing me 7 tracks at once for? half of them 10 minutes late with no post parades, and no analysis (i don't want it but still).

Alot can be learned from watching the attheraces channel online which I watch every morning.
f
just take 2 freaking tracks, there is no mandate that you must show EVERY race "live".. frankly if you are betting pimlico on a Thursday you are pretty freaking hardcore anyway and have an ADW. spread the races 10-15 minutes apart nd have your crack team really diescet these races, rather than trying to scream in 7 races in 20 minutes with commercials and pick 4s

Funny enough they would probably make more money for their aDW's by doing that. Basically they aren't selling races, they are showing them at least hrtv and TVG shows too many races to rarely break each race down either.

olddaddy
05-16-2010, 11:06 PM
I use Tvg to bet Japan and get their TV video feeds of the races. Honestly, I usually mute the TV and turn on the volume just to hear the races. I realize they have to kill time between races but making paper bets is really ridiculous.

All I know is, the last thing I would like to do is to catch a big Pick 4 on a paper bet. But I guess thats part of their job.

Deepsix
05-16-2010, 11:06 PM
My personal opinion is the HRTV is best for educating folks.... TVG for funnin' and jokin' and making some exotic calls. However... this past year HRTV starting grab assin' just like TVG, more and more.

Sometimes I'm entertained and other times I'm disgusted. But I'm an old guy! <smile>

Edit-- spelling disgusted. sigh

Lasix67
05-16-2010, 11:58 PM
TVG's personalities seem to be always trying to make that year end highlight reel for the Year in Review. No seriously, I don't know what the fuss is all about. If you don't like the people on TVG or HRTV then just turn down the volume. I think both channels are great for the game and probably one of the few bright spots for our beloved sport. If it wasn't for TVG years ago I probably wouldn't be as big a fan and player as I am today. Of course over the years as my handicapping and knowledge of the game grows I find myself laughing at the programming that both channels have, but I ask myself, "How would the sport be without either or both channels? What would it be like without them?"

DeanT
05-17-2010, 12:02 AM
JustRalph finds more wild links on the interweb than Matt Drudge.

Holy crap Ralph, you are my hero. :ThmbUp:

toussaud
05-17-2010, 12:32 AM
i've actually been around here for a while just not registered.

i remember a LONG time ago, people were posting windows media feeds to the track feed. if you wanted to watch a track danngit you had to get a link. lol, that's old school

i'm appreciation but like any young business, both models need tweaking a tad.

JustRalph
05-17-2010, 02:21 AM
JustRalph finds more wild links on the interweb than Matt Drudge.

Holy crap Ralph, you are my hero. :ThmbUp:

Yeah, but it did take it off topic........ I apologize to the Inside the pylons

Stillriledup
05-17-2010, 03:55 AM
michelle arnold ..dont think she work there anymore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oakgNBuXCy4

I was thinking of Michelle Yu, but this Arnold is a fox, i totally forgot about her.

Stillriledup
05-17-2010, 03:56 AM
Michelle Yu

Yes, she's the one i was thinking about. (and dreaming about :jump: )

InsideThePylons-MW
05-17-2010, 03:58 AM
Yeah, but it did take it off topic........ I apologize to the Inside the pylons

No apology needed. Shamwow Vince getting beat up by the hooker belongs in any TVG thread

owlet
05-18-2010, 03:39 AM
Here's what strikes me about TVG: if the NFL or the NBA has a suspension, or a scandal or if one of their players gets arrested, ESPN is all over it. ESPN is not afraid to analyze or criticize league decisions and to tee off on a player when one of its commentators feels its warranted. That kind of independence gives the network a journalistic quality--even though it depends on the continued existence of the very entity it criticizes.

Not so with TVG. With these pricks, these shills, these frauds, you hear NOTHING at all critical of the sport they cover. Adan Farias suspended for a YEAR? Nothing. Mullins suspended again? Nothing. Horse goes over the rail? Nothing. A crises in national leadership? Nothing. Take out raise? Nothing.

It's a disgrace.

Stillriledup
05-18-2010, 04:02 AM
Here's what strikes me about TVG: if the NFL or the NBA has a suspension, or a scandal or if one of their players gets arrested, ESPN is all over it. ESPN is not afraid to analyze or criticize league decisions and to tee off on a player when one of its commentators feels its warranted. That kind of independence gives the network a journalistic quality--even though it depends on the continued existence of the very entity it criticizes.

Not so with TVG. With these pricks, these shills, these frauds, you hear NOTHING at all critical of the sport they cover. Adan Farias suspended for a YEAR? Nothing. Mullins suspended again? Nothing. Horse goes over the rail? Nothing. A crises in national leadership? Nothing. Take out raise? Nothing.

It's a disgrace.

Amazing post. You're right, TVG has never said a negative word about anything. Why not directly ask a trainer who's been busted for drugs "why did you cheat"

Same thing with DRF, they don't want any controversy at all. They report the stuff that happens bad, but if you want real dirt, you gotta read Paulick, he's not afraid to air the dirty laundry.

I guess TVG assumes that if they ask a trainer a 'tough question' they'll never get an interview again from that person.

Also, TVG only cares about TVG, they dont care about racing or their industry, they just want to make money and airing dirty laundry about what's REALLY going on behind the scenes is not in the best interest of keeping newbie gamblers floating. They dont want the 20 year old gambler to even think that there are dishonest characters walking around the backstretches of america....that doesnt' pay TVGs bills.

5k-claim
05-18-2010, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't mind if a pick from them occupied more time than talking about Shaquille O'Neal movies, or diapers, or some restaurant that nobody has heard of, or any one of the two hundred irrelevant discussions that occur every day with Todd, Ken, Simon, et al - particularly when their mindless ramblings preempt live racing at every other track.

I really like the concept of TVG and am glad it exists and could actually find some redemption in entertainment over information, but they can't seem to concentrate on either one. The banter is beyond tedious, never amusing, and I can't imagine who it appeals to. The "informative" portion is equally tedious and rambling, so it isn't helping those that don't need help, nor those that do.

The other night a horse won the race at EMD, but just about put another horse over the fence. We never heard a word about it. They just kept prattling on about whether Right Guard was better than Old Spice or some crap while an inquiry was conducted and a DQ was handed down. No mention of any of the event despite showing the race live because they were preoccupied doing lameass schtick.

Can't somebody take what is at its core a good idea and get some production/direction skills there pronto and find some sort of balance to make the programming a product appealing without hitting mute throughout and returning only at post time?

I agree with every word of this. They do exist in a grey limbo land that is not exactly informative, and not exactly entertaining. But if that is the formula that they have found works, then so be it. I am sure they have been studying and perfecting their system over the years... haven't they?

I learned to just lower my expectations so I am not continually disappointed. Whenever I have a friend running at one of the smaller tracks that TVG is covering on the day, I make sure to add 30 minutes to the end of the DVR record time in case it takes them that long to stop talking about their picks and finally show the race.

NJ Stinks
05-18-2010, 12:22 PM
First, Jon White is always worth a listen when offering an opinion on an upcoming race. I'm not saying I want to get drunk with the guy every week. But he's done a lot in racing and is proud of it. I can easily live with that.

Also, I listen closely to Aaron V, Kurt Hoover, and Caton Bredar (sp?) on HRTV. Not I that jump on their picks routinely but I give their picks a second look for sure.

I have DISH and get both HRTV and TVG. Can't imagine life without it even though I can watch all the races I bet on my NJ ADW. TVG may be painful more often than not but where else can I get exclusive coverage of Will Rodgers Downs? :lol:

toussaud
05-18-2010, 09:04 PM
First, Jon White is always worth a listen when offering an opinion on an upcoming race. I'm not saying I want to get drunk with the guy every week. But he's done a lot in racing and is proud of it. I can easily live with that.

Also, I listen closely to Aaron V, Kurt Hoover, and Caton Bredar (sp?) on HRTV. Not I that jump on their picks routinely but I give their picks a second look for sure.

I have DISH and get both HRTV and TVG. Can't imagine life without it even though I can watch all the races I bet on my NJ ADW. TVG may be painful more often than not but where else can I get exclusive coverage of Will Rodgers Downs? :lol:

man it's always the quiet ones that get you. Jon would have you woke up in some hotel in wyoming looking at a chicken or something silly like that

Learned Hand35
05-18-2010, 10:03 PM
I admit it, I like both channels and wouldn't bet as often if I had to strictly watch online through Youbet. (Maybe not such a bad thing.)

I generally enjoy TVG's banter and look at it as a form of entertainment. Some of it falls way short of the mark, but for me shows like the The Quarters are consistently entertaining. The Quarters is one of the reasons a buddy of mine got into the game. My friend couldn't tell the difference between a QH and a T-Bred, but he got interested in horse racing in general after hanging out and having some brews, while The Quarters was on in the background. The "entertainment" was the initial hook that got him paying attention and was the segue into me tutoring him on how to read PPs. He now has an ADW account.

I think both channels are good for the sport and if TVG's goofiness helped birth another horseplayer in a sport in decline, TVG's schtick can't be all bad.