PDA

View Full Version : No Super Saver nor Lookin At Lucky in the Belmont

Zman179
05-16-2010, 12:08 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/113005.html

Sounds like a boring race coming up? We'll have to see.

lamboguy
05-16-2010, 12:30 PM
maybe we should double up our bets to make it more interesting.

Igeteven
05-16-2010, 12:45 PM
The horse has done enough, BB is smart, bring the horse home for a rest

Steve 'StatMan'
05-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Wise moves by the barns on behalf of their horses. I'm disapointed, because I wanted them to take sizeable betting action in the Belmont so I could get a better price on Ice Box.

DRIVEWAY
05-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Wise moves by the barns on behalf of their horses. I'm disapointed, because I wanted them to take sizeable betting action in the Belmont so I could get a better price on Ice Box.

The Belmont will probably feature 10-12 horses with most coming from the Belmont/Preakness races.

How Ice Box's running style fits the Belmont must be of some concern. Add to that the fact that Ice Box may be the favorite makes for a serious underlay.

I'm thinking Ice Box is a bet against.

Bobzilla
05-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Does anyone know what FLY DOWN'S BSF was last weekend in the Dwyer? Has he been mentioned as a possibility for the Belmont? First Dude flattered him somewhat yesterday. Based on what I saw last weekend I would have to think Fly Down would be another serious contender from the Zito barn.

JustRalph
05-16-2010, 03:58 PM
should make for a better betting race............

WinterTriangle
05-16-2010, 06:59 PM
It's going to be an exciting race, and a good betting race.
fly down and make music for me look to be good runners, here it is one day after the preakness and I'm already lining 'em up :D

big frank
05-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Does anyone know what FLY DOWN'S BSF was last weekend in the Dwyer? Has he been mentioned as a possibility for the Belmont? First Dude flattered him somewhat yesterday. Based on what I saw last weekend I would have to think Fly Down would be another serious contender from the Zito barn. i agree, i will be on Fly Down in the Belmont !

FenceBored
05-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Does anyone know what FLY DOWN'S BSF was last weekend in the Dwyer? Has he been mentioned as a possibility for the Belmont? First Dude flattered him somewhat yesterday. Based on what I saw last weekend I would have to think Fly Down would be another serious contender from the Zito barn.

Fly Down's BSF for the Dwyer was 99.

Bobzilla
05-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Fly Down's BSF for the Dwyer was 99.

Thanks for the information. I think FD will deserve a good long look next month.

SmartyParty
05-16-2010, 09:34 PM

I agree, Steve 'StatMan. I was wanting LAL to go home after the Derby, but then we wouldn't have seen how good he was. Actually, tho, he looked pretty darn good getting second in the Breeders' Cup from post 13.

joanied
05-17-2010, 11:42 AM
I think Baffert is doing the right thing...I said even before the Preaness, I thought he'd wrap up on the colt for a while...but I think the Belmont will be a good race...still got to wait until the field is announced...but Zito holds a pretty good hand, and if First Dude shows up...that'll add more...and if he does enter, I will be leaning towards him to run a big race...I think this colt is just finding himself...big, beautiful mover, IMO. He sure has the pedigree...AP Indy on top, Smart Strike on the bottom (just a quick glance)...Fly Down is really interesting too...not sure I like the Fly so Free/Mr. P on the bottom of his pedigree...but will be watching him.

joanied
05-17-2010, 11:49 AM
It's going to be an exciting race, and a good betting race.
fly down and make music for me look to be good runners, here it is one day after the preakness and I'm already lining 'em up :D

Some one posted the possibles for the Belmont over on the TC section...Winter T, maybe you already know the possibles...because looking at that list..woooowooo:jump: it's gonna be a good one!!
Here is the link...although I suppose any Belmont talk needs to be done at the TC section...up to PA to move or not.

http://www.horseracingnation.com/probables/2010_Belmont_Stakes_G1/2010_Belmont_stakes_field_contenders_morning_line_ odds

Cholly
05-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Kind of ironic that in the same week that Skip Away died, the Derby/Preakness winners need to go to the sidelines after their "brutal' 4-race campaigns in 2010...no wonder they're exhausted--between the two of them, they managed to record two Beyers of 100+.

Skip Away's passing can't help but bring attention to the fact that a scant twelve years ago a horse managed to race twelve times as a 3yo, putting up 10 Beyers of 100+ in the process. But I guess I preach to the choir here.

Cat Thief
05-18-2010, 06:59 PM
It will be a "battle of the dudes". Bet the Dudes!!

joanied
05-19-2010, 11:00 AM
It will be a "battle of the dudes". Bet the Dudes!!

With First Dude a probable favorite...woudn't it be cool if NYRA invited Sara Palin and her First Dude to the Belmont...IMO, would be some great PR...and IF he jumps up and wins....the Palins could help present the trophy!

cj's dad
05-19-2010, 11:10 AM
I doubt the crowd will exceed 25,000.

That is if the race is even run.

Isn't NYRA broke ??

OTM Al
05-19-2010, 12:05 PM
There will be about 50,000 as long as it is a decent day. About half of what comes when a TC is on the line.

cj's dad
05-19-2010, 01:32 PM
There will be about 50,000 as long as it is a decent day. About half of what comes when a TC is on the line.

You're right Al; smallest recently was 1996 - Editor's Note beats Skip Away before 40,797

BTW- is Belmont (NYRA) in danger of cancelling the race ??

OTM Al
05-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Everything announced is that the race is definitely on. The concern is for what happens after that.

joanied
05-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Everything announced is that the race is definitely on. The concern is for what happens after that.

Which is a good reason to hope the crowd exceeds 50,000...with that many in the Grandstand...it'll still look kinda empty :eek: ...the 'powers' need to see folks still want to get out there for a big race!!

cj's dad
05-19-2010, 02:32 PM
:liar: Which is a good reason to hope the crowd exceeds 50,000...with that many in the Grandstand...it'll still look kinda empty :eek: ...the 'powers' need to see folks still want to get out there for a big race!!

The problem Joanie is that this year there is just no "draw".

Maybe Dublin will pack 'em in ? :faint:

I usually go; not this year !!

Leave B'more at 6 back home at 12 or 1 to see this group ?? Sorry, no way.

I hope the Yankees aren't at home !!

joanied
05-19-2010, 03:28 PM
:liar:

The problem Joanie is that this year there is just no "draw".

Maybe Dublin will pack 'em in ? :faint:

I usually go; not this year !!

Leave B'more at 6 back home at 12 or 1 to see this group ?? Sorry, no way.

I hope the Yankees aren't at home !!

True...there is no draw...if Pletcher would run Devil May Care, maybe she'd be a draw...like, can she become another Rags to Riches type thing...but, alas, she ain't going either :faint: ...
Dublin...hey, maybe you got something there, cj's dad...he could draw in the folks with a special betting interest...will he break straight or take another tour of the outside rail :D

and without you in the grandstand...it will look empty;) ...can't blame you though, I can't imagine what that drive is like now from Baltimore to Elmont...I always hated that drive, traffic, traffic, traffic...it sucks...

stay home, be happy:jump: