PDA

View Full Version : Stronach will take it all!!!!

Igeteven
05-16-2010, 10:59 AM
If anyone realizes what is going on, Stronach wants it all.

"Why not".

Why should he make a deal with Oak Tree, With Hollywood Park closing soon, and Oak Tree in suspense, Stronach will wait it out.

He is a great poker player, Del Mar's lease with the State is only one year. They're on probation to clean up their act or hit the highway. I know that the State Commission that leases the track to the DMC is looking for another group to take over the track and get rid of the Poly Crap there.

Stronach is a great poker player, IMO, he is waiting for HP to close, also, he will make a play for Del Mar with the State Commission , next year, he maybe running Del Mar.

Now he controls all 3 major tracks, Golden Gate, Santa Anita, and Del Mar. If this happens, he can control the CHRB and tell the TOC what to do.

If he win the hand and takes the whole pot, he will be controlling all of major racing here in California.

What next, who in the hell knows. Maybe the World, :D

Deepsix
05-16-2010, 11:40 AM
This is quite some post, in so many ways. Lets assume that Calif. racing is in the toilet and on the verge of collapse (as some believe), why then would Stronach attempt to acquire these additional venues/racing dates?

This assertion that Del Mar is "on probation to clean up their act" is particularly interesting. Could you provide us some details of the issues surrounding this "probationary period", and what exactly must DMTC clean up? Which "State Commission" are you referring to ("... that leases the track to DMC (sic ?) "that is looking for another group to take over the track and get rid of Poly Crap". Who would be the "other group" ?

I'd simply appreciate a few more specific details. Thanks.

kenwoodall2
05-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Yes, but the game he is playing is 7-card no-peekie! Even he has no way to know which way the Ca wind blows. What weight will FS carry in Ca when the CHRB is done re-shuffling? He is playing 2 hands and has been for years between MEC and MID- his MEC hand is folding.
He's holding a pair of aces- but hs next deal could be a pair of eights if he has to spend the money to go back to dirt (yes). GGF is his best Ca deal now.
Was his power lunch Swordfish or bad Blowfish?

Horseplayersbet.com
05-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Stronach is 76 years old. The idea of him waiting remind me of this classic cartoon:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6h6qf_lions-busy_shortfilms

DJofSD
05-16-2010, 12:08 PM
B. S.

He's the small stack at the table with not enough to ante up for the next blind.

Igeteven
05-16-2010, 12:36 PM
B. S.

He's the small stack at the table with not enough to ante up for the next blind.

Stroach, he is the one with the most chips now :jump: , he will call :cool: , will the State fold ? :confused:

That's the play :)

Igeteven
05-16-2010, 12:41 PM
This is quite some post, in so many ways. Lets assume that Calif. racing is in the toilet and on the verge of collapse (as some believe), why then would Stronach attempt to acquire these additional venues/racing dates?

This assertion that Del Mar is "on probation to clean up their act" is particularly interesting. Could you provide us some details of the issues surrounding this "probationary period", and what exactly must DMTC clean up? Which "State Commission" are you referring to ("... that leases the track to DMC (sic ?) "that is looking for another group to take over the track and get rid of Poly Crap". Who would be the "other group" ?

I'd simply appreciate a few more specific details. Thanks.

Do your home work and get back to me, I have some ideas, lets see what you can come up with first.

Hedevar
05-16-2010, 12:46 PM
This siruation is a little more complicated as it involves California politics. Califrornia has a State Race Track Leasing Commission which is responsible for leasing Del Mar Race Track for the purpose of horseracing. The CHRB at the request of the Leasing Commission then certifies the elgibility of any prospective lessee. Del Mar is part of the extensive fair system that began in California over 140 years ago. You can read about the current extension:

DEL MAR: Thoroughbred club gets one-year lease extension

PAUL SISSON - psisson@nctimes.com (psisson@nctimes.com) | Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 4:30 pm | 1 Comment

DEL MAR ---- The state committee that doles out leases at the Del Mar Racetrack has decided to wait until next year to consider proposals from other groups that may be interested in managing the racing season at the popular seaside venue.

Late last month, the State Race Track Leasing Commission pulled a request for proposals to run racing operations at the track, deciding instead to grant a one-year extension to the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club, which has managed the track for 40 years.

The thoroughbred club's 20-year lease would have otherwise expired Dec. 31.

Fairgrounds chief executive officer Tim Fennell said last week that the decision came after state Sen. Christine Kehoe, D-San Diego, sent a letter to the commission requesting the delay. He said Kehoe's letter questioned whether it was smart to look at new track operators now in the midst of a rough economy.

Kehoe could not be reached for comment last week.

Fennel said state law requires the leasing commission and the 22nd Agricultural District, which manages the fairgrounds, to seek new proposals when a long-term contracts expire.

"The idea is to cut the best deal possible and give every qualified potential participant an opportunity," Fennell said.

He said that he wasn't sure what to make of the notion that waiting was better than moving forward.

"We spend about a year putting together the (request for proposals). We will tweak it and release it again in a year," he said.

Fennell said that he obtained "several" requests for the proposals document but none was returned by the time the document was pulled from circulation. He did not specify who pulled the requests, but added that, given the Thoroughbred Club's long experience and profitability, the association was not looking for a newbie.

"We certainly want experienced and well-qualified applicants," Fennell said. "We were looking for somebody with at least 10 years of experience running a successful race meet. There aren't that many of those out there."

Craig Fravel, executive vice president of the Thoroughbred Club, said he understood the leasing commission's requirement to put the contract up for proposals. Like Fennell, he was a bit mystified about the reasons for delaying the proposal process.

"I understand the decision. I'm not sure what's going to change between now and next year though," Fravel said.

The track manager said he believes the Thoroughbred Club has earned the right to continue running summer races where the turf meets the surf.

"This has been one of the most successful racing operations in the United States. I believe its probably been the most profitable pure racing operation in the nation," he said.

This year, with the economy in the tank and entertainment dollars in short supply for many local households, the racetrack has cut one day of racing per week. Fravel said the move, in addition to aggressive marketing to younger patrons and continuing free concerts on Friday nights, have kept the race about as profitable as last year.

"We're holding our own," he said. "We'll be issuing the financial results soon."

"If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?"

Igeteven
05-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Stronach will be there with all his chips when it comes time to call.

Thanks for posting that.

Deepsix
05-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Hedevar, thanks for that info... that issue has been well known. I'm curious about Igeteven's assertion that Del Mar has been put on some kind of 'Probation' , and that a condition of Del Mar seeking bidders is to the new bidder remove the Poly.

In fact, unless I misread Hede's article it indicates no other bidders materialize before Del Mar was offered the one year extension, and as I read it I cannot find any reason to think that anyone in the Agri. Dist. is unhappy with Del Mar's performance..

Igeteven
05-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Hedevar, thanks for that info... that issue has been well known. I'm curious about Igeteven's assertion that Del Mar has been put on some kind of 'Probation' , and that a condition of Del Mar seeking bidders is to the new bidder remove the Poly.

In fact, unless I misread Hede's article it indicates no other bidders materialize before Del Mar was offered the one year extension, and as I read it I cannot find any reason to think that anyone in the Agri. Dist. is unhappy with Del Mar's performance..

Do your research, and get back to me.

Deepsix
05-16-2010, 01:01 PM
I won't waste any more time with you.

Hedevar
05-16-2010, 01:01 PM
I found nothing that said Del Mar was on probation or for that matter double secret probation or that any entity wanted Del Mar to remove polytrack.

rwwupl
05-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Del Mar...Add...

A new Request For Proposal (RFP) for Del Mar was released 3-1-10. I think it is 114 pages in total.

There will be Pre-Proposal Conference and Walk /Through...

APRIL22,2010@10AM...July 23rd,2010@3PM...July30,2010@3PM.

All Proposals must be completed by August 16@3PM

Notice of Proposed Award September 13th,2010

Protest Deadline Date, September 16th,2010

Final Agreement executed on or about November15th,2010

It has been said(Roger Stein Radio Program) that the problem for any new operator is the condition that they must assume liabilities of aprox. $5 Million in retirement and pension funds and must put the money in upfront . It has been described as a "Poison Pill" to prevent new bidders from proceeding.

This may or may not be true... and if it was true, there may be modifications through negotiations.

California racing is not what it once was... but you can not say it is politically dull...

Deepsix
05-16-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm sure some of the west coast fans have read this. It is 100+ pages and gives a ton of information concerning race track operations.

http://www.sdfair.com/pdf/RFP_2010_del_mar_race_track_agreement.pdf

discodog
05-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Your in big trouble if that guy takes over everything in California.

He has been horse racings nightmare. He may be a good as an owner of horses, but he STINKS as an owner of race tracks.

I was part of the Boycott Magna back in 98 or 99 and I still boycott magna.

Stronach should be banned from owning rac tracks.

rwwupl
05-16-2010, 03:13 PM

He has been horse racings nightmare. He may be a good as an owner of horses, but he STINKS as an owner of race tracks.

Did you carry a sign with Roger Newell ?

Igeteven
05-16-2010, 03:33 PM

You are correct on your post, too much power for one man

Igeteven
05-16-2010, 03:39 PM
I found nothing that said Del Mar was on probation or for that matter double secret probation or that any entity wanted Del Mar to remove polytrack.

Do you think for one minute the State Commission is happy with Del Mar. Give me a break, we hear complaints here, they get tons and tons of complaints against Del mar on the other side.

Why do you think for one minute why the lease is up in the air.

Again, who knows what will happen, Del Mar has a card of up their sleeve and nobody will foot the bill. (they have the poison pill, about 5 million worth) DMTC, may say where they are.

Only time will tell.

Deepsix
05-16-2010, 04:52 PM
It's difficult to restrain myself when responding to such silliness, BUT...

The 22 Agri. District does not live in a vacuum, they realize that the economy is in the tank, racing revenue is in decline across Calif., and as a result the expectation of receiving a Bid (Proposal) last time around was not surprisingly fruitless. That's why they chose to extend DMTC. They, the Ag. District is hopeful that something will change in the interceding months and they they may attract other bidders with a better offer. This is a $$$$ issue.

It is doubtful that another partnership will be formed and win the bid. It's my view that you can expect DMTC to continue.

As to complaints here (on PA and other boards) about Del Mar.... I hear that parking is too expensive, food is of poor quality and too expensive, that they have a Poly track, admissions, short fields, blah blah blah. If you read the 100+ page Proposal you notice the parking, concessions, poly track are not within the control of DMTC. If another outfit should replace DMTC they will suffer the same conditions; short fields and all.

If, in these uncertain financial times and waning interest in horse racing, a decision is made to return the track to "dirt" that will be another cost that the NEW partnership will be burdened with, in addition to the Retirement Fund issues.

The ONLY thing you have been correct on is that TIME will tell.

Stillriledup
05-16-2010, 05:43 PM
You are correct on your post, too much power for one man

Its only too much power for a guy who only cares about himself and his stock price. If a guy came in with money to save the Calif industry and his main goal was to care deeply about the horseplayer, than it might not be too much power. For this guy however, its too much power.

Igeteven
05-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Its only too much power for a guy who only cares about himself and his stock price. If a guy came in with money to save the Calif industry and his main goal was to care deeply about the horseplayer, than it might not be too much power. For this guy however, its too much power.

You are right, however, he holds all the cards here in California, The CHRB will do what ever he says

Stillriledup
05-16-2010, 05:50 PM
You are right, however, he holds all the cards here in California, The CHRB will do what ever he says

Really? I dont think he wanted Synthetics and yet they told him that he had to listen OR ELSE.

Igeteven
05-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Really? I dont think he wanted Synthetics and yet they told him that he had to listen OR ELSE.

He playing poker, he will put in dirt if he gets the Breeder Cup, however, if not, who in the hell knows