PDA

View Full Version : Yanks vs. Sox

PaceAdvantage
07-25-2003, 10:52 PM
Ouch Suff!! Pedro strikes out 10, Wells walks 5, and we still beat you in your own home.....

That's why the Yankees are the Yankees and the Sox are.....well, the Red Sox....

==PA

PS. No hard feelings...just feeling good after that game...and getting a little revenge for last month.... ;)

Storm Cadet
07-25-2003, 11:18 PM
Suff' after tonight we're up 3.5...Pedro pitched great again, especially striking out Giambi 3 times on pure heat!

Long season...have a great time up at Saratoga, I wish I could be there to meet some of you guys! I hope you get:
NO HUMIDITY
PLENTY OF WINNERS
LOTS OF FUNNY CIDE BEER

PS If one was to play hooky for a day at work and make a day trip to Saratoga, where would one look to find you or make contact to say hi ???

:cool:

Suff
07-25-2003, 11:21 PM
ganger uppers huh.... 2 on 1...

Suff
07-25-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Storm Cadet
Suff' after tonight we're up 3.5...Pedro pitched great again, especially striking out Giambi 3 times on pure heat!

Long season...have a great time up at Saratoga, I wish I could be there to meet some of you guys! I hope you get:
NO HUMIDITY
PLENTY OF WINNERS
LOTS OF FUNNY CIDE BEER

PS If one was to play hooky for a day at work and make a day trip to Saratoga, where would one look to find you or make contact to say hi ???

:cool:

I'm gonna post a CELL PHONE NUMBER...

I'm going to buy one of them THROW AWAYS they sell now.

The phone with a few hundred minutes for short pants.

When I get that Number I'll post it up with a week to go.

Storm Cadet
07-25-2003, 11:24 PM
I thought you and the gang were going this weekend?

Suff
07-25-2003, 11:30 PM
nope....

I'm not that well off. This trip is all I gut....

I Can't be scapling Sox tickets in July.. There $100 and up a seat.

I just spent 4 days in NY two week ago.....

I'm re-filling the the ducat tank right now.

I go pretty well stocked for the week.

I go prepared to spend a $100 a day on Food and beverage (plus xtras Like seats or ?)

I go prepared to bet at my usual level or Higher every day

and I go prepared to have a losing day each day.

Thats a pretty good size nut for 10 days.

I have the hatchs tightened on the bank account.

Storm Cadet
07-25-2003, 11:36 PM
I thought you and the PA gang were all headed to Toga this week? Not Fenway...

I'd like to meet guys like you, SMTW, VET Scratch...maybe one morning at the breakfast place by the stable entrance or at the backstretch eating place by the stables and watch morning workouts (if you guys get up that early!!!!)

Suff
07-26-2003, 05:58 AM
Friday August 23rd to Monday September 1st are the dates Storm.

Suff
07-26-2003, 06:35 AM
I'm a dope.

Saturday August 23rd. Not Friday.

Storm Cadet
07-26-2003, 08:46 AM
That's good news...the pennant race will all but be over by then (Pedro's arm will have fallen off by then)...only kidding...those dates might be better for me with work.

I'm sure I'll chat with you again!

Thanks in advance!:D

Storm Cadet
07-26-2003, 05:22 PM
You coulda made us proud...but you spit the bit again!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

andicap
07-26-2003, 06:51 PM
Oh well, it's not like anyone else in the Yankees pen has been that consistent all year either. It looks like Benitez is best used before the ninth inning in big games. But you can't pitch Rivera every day.

How about the Yankees beating up on Kim every time -- going back to the 2001 World Series....it's got to be in his head.

Suff
07-27-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Ouch Suff!! Pedro strikes out 10, Wells walks 5, and we still beat you in your own home.....

That's why the Yankees are the Yankees and the Sox are.....well, the Red Sox....

ahhh? Mike? Mike ? are you there mike? Mike!!! Where are you?

walk offs sting like a bitch huh.

PaceAdvantage
07-27-2003, 02:48 PM
I have that coming to me....no doubt...

Two great games...two good teams....

This is what baseball is all about.....right???

Bubbles
07-27-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Storm Cadet
You coulda made us proud...but you spit the bit again!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Thanks for taking him off our hands, Steinbrenner. Now us losers, the Mets, have infected your beloved pinstripers, and I, for one, COULD NOT BE MORE ECSTATIC.

gino
07-27-2003, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by andicap
[B]Oh well, it's not like anyone else in the Yankees pen has been that consistent all year either. It looks like Benitez is best used before the ninth inning in big games. But you can't pitch Rivera every day.

Benitez is best used to pitch batting practice...he's as mental as that former Yankee employee, George Constanza...

gino

PaceAdvantage
07-28-2003, 10:06 AM
Suff, after all that trouble with the attachment, I betcha that Sox win last night more than made up for everything.....

You deserve it!!

SandyE
07-28-2003, 05:09 PM
Your talking about Freeup, I've got one and don't need to worry 'bout a contract, which is very nce. And nope I ain't gonna post my cell phone #.
later, :p