PDA

View Full Version : Pimlico Turf Course.....killing me.....

JustRalph
05-15-2010, 08:06 PM
Anybody else getting hacked to death on the Pimlico Turf course?

I left a car payment on the course this week ........... :lol:

What the hell is up with this turf course? I can't pick my nose on it.

Anybody got any advice for playing it ?

Stillriledup
05-15-2010, 08:17 PM
So you're saying that you're betting on the fastest horses and somehow the turf is making the fastest horses not win? Or, are you just betting on horses who are too slow to win?

menifee
05-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Don't play vertical.

Spread in pick 3's and pick 4's unless there is a standout. In my humble opinion, class and speed seem to mean less when handicapping that turf course.

bisket
05-15-2010, 10:49 PM
trip handicapping and last 1/4 times are everything in turf racing. be sure your taking the horses trip in the last 1/4 into consideration along with the time. turf racing comes down to 6 horses going for 3-4 hole or lanes. whoever gets there first wins or finishes in the money.

WinterTriangle
05-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Ralph, sorry for your losses.

I'm sure Ralph knows how to handicap turf courses........he is saying he's having difficulty handicapping THIS turf course, and is looking for secrets that apply to Pimlico.

Looking at the payoffs for exotics in races 2,5, 8 and 11 and I think there was only one other turf race, ($217-$745 for only a $1 tri) I see the avg punter probably wasn't nailing it on chalk today LOL

JustRalph
05-16-2010, 01:30 AM
Ralph, sorry for your losses.

I'm sure Ralph knows how to handicap turf courses........he is saying he's having difficulty handicapping THIS turf course, and is looking for secrets that apply to Pimlico.

Looking at the payoffs for exotics in races 2,5, 8 and 11 and I think there was only one other turf race, ($217-$745 for only a $1 tri) I see the avg punter probably wasn't nailing it on chalk today LOL

Right! I normally do pretty well on turf nowadays, but this course is off the scale weird.......i am told it's hard as rock.......but some of the results have been head shakers

Bettowin
05-16-2010, 01:36 AM
The Belmont turf got me the most today. Pim was tough but I got my P3 and P4 through only to be beat by the dirt sprint that I spread but not far enough and then First Dude crushed my Preakness:(

Good luck next time.