PDA

View Full Version : Tracknet Dissolved

DeanT
05-14-2010, 06:15 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/57038/tracknet-media-partnership-coming-to-an-end

Churchill Downs Inc. and MI Developments said May 14 they will dissolve TrackNet Media Group, a company formed to address signal pricing and distribution.

The two companies will remain partners in HRTV, the network that televises horse racing and related programs.

After a transition period, the two companies will go back to selling their own content to “unrelated third-party wagering platforms,” according to a release.

rrbauer
05-15-2010, 03:42 PM
From the article:
"TrackNet Media was formed to expand wagering content, foster innovation, enhance wagering security and integrity, and encourage growth in wagering via content."

Since it did none of the above it must be judged a failure.

Track Collector
05-15-2010, 11:07 PM
It would have been nice if this happened a few years ago.

Good bye TrackNet bullies. Racing will be better without you. :D

lamboguy
05-15-2010, 11:33 PM
From the article:
"TrackNet Media was formed to expand wagering content, foster innovation, enhance wagering security and integrity, and encourage growth in wagering via content."

Since it did none of the above it must be judged a failure.
not only did it not do anything they promised to, they added to mass confussion in this game. if they had ever signed up nyra, that would have been the end of the game. i got to give nyra some credit here, they knew how bad the tracknet was to begin with.

phatbastard
05-15-2010, 11:42 PM
frankie found someone was a little slimier than himself.......

andicap
05-16-2010, 11:19 AM
frankie found someone was a little slimier than himself.......

Or vice versa. :)

kenwoodall2
05-16-2010, 02:17 PM
"After a transition period, the two companies will go back to selling their own content"
Sounds like NTRA waiting to do more promotion, Ca waiting to stop cancel delays, Jockey Club waiting to see the number of injuries in their survey, everybody waiting for slots approval, waiting for horsemen to get ideas to grow their sport, Titanic waiting to assess iceberg damage.

skate
05-16-2010, 05:40 PM
woo, you guys are ruff.

trying2win
05-16-2010, 08:29 PM
It would have been nice if this happened a few years ago.

Good bye TrackNet bullies. Racing will be better without you. :D

Track Collector:

I agree with your comments here. I wonder if that'll mean that ADWS can now pay more than the 2 % maximum mandated by the TRACKNET bullies?

And.............good riddance to TRACKNET!

T2W

Deepsix
05-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Someone help me here; by desolving Tracknet CD and Magna are separated and Churchill is now free to acquire YouBet (which had been hung up). I believe there was this tiny little hangup about CD-Youbet deal being approved IF Magna was joined with CD??? (thus giving CD/Magna a strong market with all CD tracks and all Magna tracks, plus HRTV/TwinSpires/ YouBet/ and Xpressbet.

Now with the ME/MI/Stronach Chapter 11 things are separated from CD/Tracknet and they'll possibly hook up later???

Strange brew!