PDA

View Full Version : The Meadows 5/14

markgoldie
05-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Will attempt to keep my string of positive ROI's in tact today.

R1. #9 RC Destiny wired similar bunch in last and looked good in doing it. Right back for Miller/Marashian. #9 RC Destiny to win.

R2. #2 Connie's Marti hits the claiming ranks for the first time. Last effort was better than it looks. Weak bunch. #2 Connie's Marti to win.

R4. #3 Citadel Hall makes the odd break but has Palone and is first into claimers. Weak opposition. #3 Citadel Hall to win.

R5. #2 Rose Run Keepsake is in career form. Shes faces a cut-throat field but may work out a trip. #2 Rose Run Keepsake to win.

R6. #4 Blue Time Overdue got a good trip with Sears in last and figures to get a good one again. This field is actually a bit weaker than last. #4 Blue Time Overdue to win.

R10. #4 Frontier was super in first-off claim when Palone drove. Got a bad trip from Faurot in last, drops down and gets palone back. Should be easy. #4 Frontier to win.

R12. #2 Today's Success is a big close who has been saddled with outer posts recently. Drops and draws inside. #2 Today's Success to win.

That's it GLA.

melman
05-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Mark--Really enjoy reading your posts. You have a good ability to express yourself. Not to worry I don't think they will be coming to take you away. :)
Like one at Meadows today in race 8 1 Charmed Beauty with Brett. Should set up great for him in a nice field. 5-1 on the line actual off odds who knows. :D

markgoldie
05-14-2010, 04:40 PM
The post mortem, or as it is otherwise called, "excuses alley."

R1. RC Destiny won and paid $3.80
R2. Connie's Marti was a pathetic third. Out.
R4. Citadel Hall won and paid $4.20
R5. Rose Run Keepsake was dead when she didn't get off the wings of the gate. Out.
R6. Blue Time Overdue was beaten up by Sherman and Angus horses. (By the way, if anyone can give me the formula that these two (essentially) Northfield trainers are using on horses, I have a line of trainers a block long that will pay handsomely).
R10. Frontier won and paid $4.40
R12. Today's Success won and paid $3.40

Total investment based on a $2 wager was $14 and the return was $15.80 for an ROI of +12.85%. (Hey, I never promised retirement in Aruba).