PDA

View Full Version : Hyping my Program for Profit

JimG
07-25-2003, 10:33 AM
Thought I would create this thread so those of you that want to tout how great your software is performing can just tout away here and I won't have to read it in various threads.

If you think I'm talking to you....then your probably right.

Jim

lousycapper
07-25-2003, 12:22 PM
:D Grampa thanks you and I thank you! :D

-L.C.

Tom
07-25-2003, 07:38 PM
I use AllInHTRHSHGYSM-TPR

I am hitting 110% winners betting 1 horse per race. every race.

Average payoff is $56.70.
Harness, too.
The program uses no downloads - just scan the newspaper enties into the computer and it does the rest. It connects to BRISBET and makes the bets, keeps records of the action and makes a fresh pot of coffee every two hours.

It also has a built in virus scan and cleans my hard drive in between races.

At 7pm each night, it turns on the lights and tapes Sienfeld.

You can have copy for $39.95.
There is a 20% re-stocking fee.

Specify DOS 3.1, Win95, or Mac.

:rolleyes:

GameTheory
07-25-2003, 08:35 PM
Tom,

I know you said it doesn't use datafiles, but can I get a version that uses the $.50 TSN files anyway? PLEASE????

Tom
07-25-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by GameTheory
Tom,

I know you said it doesn't use datafiles, but can I get a version that uses the $.50 TSN files anyway? PLEASE????

I will tell you what, I can get them for you for $0.75 each!

JustRalph
07-25-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Tom
The program uses no downloads - just scan the newspaper enties into the computer and it does the rest. It connects to BRISBET and makes the bets, keeps records of the action and makes a fresh pot of coffee every two hours.

I must have a corrupt version, Mine Turned on Seinfeld and taped the Lights!

I am wondering if it will run on a Palm Pilot?

lousycapper
07-26-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Tom
I use AllInHTRHSHGYSM-TPR

I am hitting 110% winners betting 1 horse per race. every race.

Average payoff is $56.70.
Harness, too.

It also has a built in virus scan and cleans my hard drive in between races.

===========================

Mr. Tom,

Are you the one who broke into Grampa's home and stole the one and only remaining copy of his "Slicker, Quicker, Pony Picker" program? It took Grampa over 39 years to come up with it. The average payoff is only $38.50 but it does select 198% winners with one horse. BTW it will do windows [the washable kind] too. Heh, heh! :D :D :D

freeneasy
07-30-2003, 09:39 PM
that was throughly enjoyable. super sonic slicker picker, you boys better lay off of that squeezed corn rye, it'll turn your eyes inside out if you dont.

VetScratch
08-07-2003, 12:46 AM
Where did this curious description get started?

To my knowledge, no one who actually develops software claims to be writing an <app-name> disc.

When posters start discussing the attributes of various handicapping discs, isn't it safe to assume that they probably could not write a functional "Hello World" disc?

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2003, 02:49 AM
No

GameTheory
08-07-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by VetScratch
Where did this curious description get started?

To my knowledge, no one who actually develops software claims to be writing an <app-name> disc.

I believe that use of that term starts & ends with Jaguar, as I've never heard it anywhere else. Perhaps it is bandied around in the secret society of A.I. researchers, where apparently he takes the minutes.

Actually, I've been wondering where he got that myself. Jaguar?

VetScratch
08-07-2003, 09:50 AM
I thought I remembered seeing it used by several sources.

Maybe it's something not all users get. I've often wondered what else besides high pay goes along with a career in beta testing.