PDA

View Full Version : Union lay offs in LA trigger raises for other employees

delayjf
05-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Just what the city needs - I'd like to know who negotiated this contract.
BRILLANT :bang:

http://cbs2.com/politics/city.jobs.Los.2.1687192.html

skate
05-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Amazement gone amuck.

Does this sort make it to the evening News?

AND and and , what happen to your other Union Report? list about a week ago...

I had a report to go with your post.

ddog
05-12-2010, 04:48 PM
May 11 (Bloomberg) -- California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger will seek “terrible cuts” to eliminate an $18.6 billion budget deficit facing the most-populous U.S. state through June 2011, his spokesman said.

Schwarzenegger, 62, who will introduce his revised budget plans on May 14, has said he won’t seek tax increases to bolster California’s finances. The Republican’s forecast for the budget gap may rise after revenue fell short of his targets last month.

California’s revenue in April, when income-tax payments are due, trailed the governor’s estimates by $3.6 billion, or 26 percent. The gap wiped out gains from the previous four months, leaving collections $1.3 billion behind projections for the budget year that ends in June. :eek: :kiss:

“We can’t get through this deficit without very terrible cuts,”

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aMHZOCQK9hC4

LA will be Detroit of the West Coast, if the quakes don't get it first.

Bring in the SNAKE, Plissken that is.

That state is done for. Give it to Mexico lock stock and broken barrel.

prospector
05-12-2010, 04:57 PM
time to cut 15,000 union staffers..
hell, they don't want income...no off shore drilling and no dredging in the rivers? gold and oil..plenty to go around and they don't want the income..hell with them

delayjf
05-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Does this sort make it to the evening News?

AND and and , what happen to your other Union Report? list about a week ago...

I had a report to go with your post.

I saw the report in the morning news, obviously the Unions wanted to motivate the city to avoid lay offs, but in this case I think it will back fire. The lay offs are coming, now they will have to increase the number of layoffs to offset the increase in wages.

My other post on Unions is currently on page 4.

skate
05-14-2010, 02:46 PM
thanks.

i had something to go with your report, forgot for the moment.

They have big time troubles out there. coming to the surface.

boxcar
05-14-2010, 03:17 PM
thanks.

i had something to go with your report, forgot for the moment.

They have big time troubles out there. coming to the surface.

This entire nation is Greece in the making. Then watch how all the bleeding heart libs will take to the streets in peaceful protests. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

skate
05-14-2010, 03:56 PM
hey i caught that little...eye roll

encouraged by the "tea Parties" and the Natural Resources, we could skate by, but Many many thick clouds... hiccups and zilly type, have me shaking my head.

Greece gives us hope, as in "Example".

Tom
05-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Europe is a little, uh, pissed off at having to help bail out Greece.
What they should do is let them fail.

Why should people who work hard be forced to pay for slugs who have been lazy anchors all their lives?

History tells us one thing....don't piss off Germany!

boxcar
05-14-2010, 11:27 PM
hey i caught that little...eye roll

encouraged by the "tea Parties" and the Natural Resources, we could skate by, but Many many thick clouds... hiccups and zilly type, have me shaking my head.

Greece gives us hope, as in "Example".

It's an example that BO and Company are intent on following. No Hope for America in that, but there would be more Change than most in this country could handle.

Boxcar

bigmack
05-14-2010, 11:39 PM
History tells us one thing....don't piss off Germany!
Nice.

Whatayagonnadowith over 30% of the working public turning a rare screw for the Gov'ment, much of the others taking naps for weeks on end, and everyone asking for a large slice for life.

How could a system like that fail? :D

Greece. What a mess!