PDA

View Full Version : Belmont 5/12

tzipi
05-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Kind of bored and I finished handicapping Belmont so I thought I would fill some time posting some picks foi like for tomorrow.

Race 1: Do I just play Rudy Rod's horse because it seems his horses can't be beat :D I'm going to go with More Than a Reason who gets back into a ALWs after a stakes race that seemed like a another prep before an Alws. He was very competitive in his last Alw20000s sitting off the pace and it seems like Have You Ever and West Coast Flier are going get in a speed duel.

Race 3: Two horses here. Friendly Wager ran very well in deep stretch on March 17th and in good time and it looks like Martin used the last high MSW at 6 1/2F as a prep to set up for his race. Prado is put on. Renewed Hope gets the blinkers after picking up decent round in the stretch of his last two races. Contessa knows he's spotted well here at Mcl50k after seeing his competitive run in his first race for Mcl40K.

My Race of the Day:

RACE 5: OLD MAN BUCK was claimed by Jacobson last month coming off a layoff. Jacobson likes to run his horses off a claim in certain spots sometimes just to get a feel for their talent so he can take down an easy pot next time out and he does it well. He ran OMB in a Clm20N1Y last race and is now dropping to a Clm10N1Y. OMB made a good middle move on the turf and now cuts back on dirt. Looks like Jacobson put the front wraps on in the last to scare away potential takers so he could get to this race. The horse ran an 89 Beyer and won at a 1 1/8 on dirt back last May at CD in a OC 80K. This horse has been running in 2 mile races on turf late last year and I think Jacobson has him spotted well on the dirt at a cutback to a mile. Can handle a wet track also. Front wraps should come off.
Will use Run with the Lark a little too and solely if OMB is scratched. Seems like he's spotted well here in this class after his last competitive close at 7 1/2.

Well we'll have a little fun with these tomorrow. Enjoy :)

tzipi
05-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Forgot about Race 8: Not alot of value here. I will box D'wild Ride,Saarlight and my value horse My Dinah(10-1) in a triple. My Dinah has been competitive at a sprint before even beating home Sapphire Sky who's 3-1 here. Like that this race is a second off a layoff for Dinah and that she dropped backed and closed ground in the stretch in her first race back. SAPPHIRE SKY always misses and that last looked like a very hard race on her. R BETTY GRAYBULL is back but with Linda White as Seewald has paased away sadly. Coming off a layoff and no Seewald takes her out IMO. EAST BREAKS and BRIGHT HALO just look in for the ride. Doesn't look like much value at all but hopefully a trip box with the 3 horses returns a little something if My Dinah can run into the 2nd spot.

Dahoss9698
05-11-2010, 11:17 PM
I like a couple tomorrow. In the 1st I'm going to take a stab with Vicarian as long as West Coast Flier and Have You Ever stay in. Vicarian needs them to hook up, but Servis does excellent work off the claim and it's encouraging to see that he doesn't enter him in for a tag off the claim.

In the 4th, Roderick goes from the inside to a better spot tomorrow. Levine is very good second time out and the horse gets lasix and blinkers. I expect a much better effort and like Gotta Go Round underneath.

In the 6th Close Range is another horse who gets off the hedge. I think he's the speed of the speed in here and speed did well in turf sprints last week. Jerkens' horses that have come up from Florida have run well and I expect this one to also. Augusta Dude and In the Ocean underneath.

slew101
05-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Although the Ubillo barn seems to be cooling off, I'm going to back a couple on Wednesday. In Race 2, Adirondack Warrior ran pretty well first time on turf despite very wide trip. Switch to Cornelio, who has been riding lights out since Belmont opened.

In race 4, not too confident on Gotta Go Round, but going to play one more time on the cutback to 5 1/2.

Marshall Bennett
05-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Early Pick 4 : 1,2,4,5,6 / 3,4,6 / 1,3,4,7 / 4 @$60

Late Pick 4 : 2 / 3,4 / 1,4,6,7 / 2,3,4,6,10 @$40

Robert Fischer
05-12-2010, 12:50 PM
the `1horse in the `1st race is somewhat interesting. He isn't as bad as he looks on paper, but if the track goes against him again today, he just keeps getting riper

Valupix
05-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Race 7: #5 Bombzilla

Race 9: #4 Lemon Shore
Race 9: #9 Matt's a Giant

slew101
05-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Damn, I keyed the 1 on top with the 4 and 6 in the trifecta. Had the exacta boxed, but needed the 1 for a better ticket. :bang:

slew101
05-12-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm parting company with Gotta Go Round, which means he'll score next out.

I gotta ask, was anyone else shocked the 2 horse ran in Race 4 after running off at the gate?