PDA

View Full Version : Joke DQ at Penn

gm10
05-11-2010, 08:20 PM
The horse who suffers interference but wins get demoted to second. Race 5 if you want to see the replay.

Well done, Penn National stewards, what an asset to racing you are.

Learned Hand35
05-11-2010, 08:36 PM
From the head on I thought it was a good call. The 1 was drifting bad and made the contact. I need to look at it again.

(In the interest of full disclosure I had the 6 singled in the Pick 3. Also had an exacta 1 over 6. ML favorite or second choice wins Race 6 and I would have made more on the exacta.)

DeanT
05-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Agree gm. I cant believe they booted that horse. I was watching on the wee screen because I was playing other tracks and could not believe it was taking so long......... then I see the 1 pitched. Really bad call, imo.

andymays
05-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Agree gm. I cant believe they booted that horse. I was watching on the wee screen because I was playing other tracks and could not believe it was taking so long......... then I see the 1 pitched. Really bad call, imo.

I'll take your word for it.

What are We gonna do about it? ;)

DeanT
05-11-2010, 08:40 PM
I'll take your word for it.

What are We gonna do about it? ;)
Don't give me one of those ridiculous winks.

andymays
05-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Don't give me one of those ridiculous winks.

Ok!

Remember the headstone comments I sent you?

Excuse my ignorance but I don't know how to put up the picture.

It read :

Two things I love most.

Good Horses and Beautiful Women, and when I die I hope they tan this old hide of mine and make it into a Ladies riding saddle, so I can rest in peace between the two things I love most.

Carry On! :ThmbUp:

the little guy
05-11-2010, 08:43 PM
OK, I just watched, the pan and head-on, and if they didn't take the 1 down they should have been fired. It was as obvious and blatant a foul as you can possibly see.

The 1 not only carried the 6 out a good ten paths, he also bumped into him. There was no way he should not have come down.

DeanT
05-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Take another look Andy. 6 was running in worse than a cripple. Watch where he finishes the race.

"Ten paths" is a little hyperbolic methinks :)

Learned Hand35
05-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Looking at it again and post-Race 6 Pick 3 results, I must say it was a good call.

:cool:

the little guy
05-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Take another look Andy. 6 was running in worse than a cripple. Watch where he finishes the race.

"Ten paths" is a little hyperbolic methinks :)

No. It is not hyperbole and the 1 not only herded him out severely, he also slammed into him. Weary or not, he was intimidated and fouled.

No hyperbole. Watch the head on. They began the turn in the two and three path and the drifting had begun before they hit the stretch and never abated.

I'm no fan of DQs...but this was blatant.

DeanT
05-11-2010, 09:05 PM
The drifting at PEN happens five times a night. They leave it up all the time. The only reason there was a Dq was because the winner was lame and ran in, with the other horse drifting. The stews promoted a) A horse who if he was sound there would have never been an inquiry in the first place and b) a horse who had no shot to win the race anyway, as witnessed how he finished the race. That makes it a bad DQ, imo.

With one horse running out and another running in, as a horseplayer I only want to see a DQ when the outcome would have been different, without any infraction.

the little guy
05-11-2010, 09:08 PM
The drifting at PEN happens five times a night. They leave it up all the time. The only reason there was a Dq was because the winner was lame and ran in, with the other horse drifting. The stews promoted a) A horse who if he was sound there would have never been an inquiry in the first place and b) a horse who had no shot to win the race anyway, as witnessed how he finished the race. That makes it a bad DQ, imo.

With one horse running out and another running in, as a horseplayer I only want to see a DQ when the outcome would have been different, without any infraction.

Come on.

I'll deal with the facts that are known....the 1 drifted severely, slammed into the 6, and was correctly disqualified.

Let's all hope that stewards don't ever use the kind of supposed logic you just presented.

DeanT
05-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Interesting. I would have thought that you would be opposed to horses that were going to lose a race, contact or no contact, promoted to a W.

Learn something new every day.

the little guy
05-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Interesting. I would have thought that you would be opposed to horses that were going to lose a race, contact or no contact, promoted to a W.

Learn something new every day.

This is the problem with the internet...this kind of comment.

I'll refrain from giving you the response you deserve. Have a great night.

DeanT
05-11-2010, 09:31 PM
You can PM if you'd like.

Cardus
05-11-2010, 10:02 PM
This is the problem with the internet...this kind of comment.

I'll refrain from giving you the response you deserve. Have a great night.

It's the internet, and you get what you get.

Stillriledup
05-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Ok!

Remember the headstone comments I sent you?

Excuse my ignorance but I don't know how to put up the picture.

It read :

Two things I love most.

Good Horses and Beautiful Women, and when I die I hope they tan this old hide of mine and make it into a Ladies riding saddle, so I can rest in peace between the two things I love most.

Carry On! :ThmbUp:

Isnt' that a Charlie Whittinaham quote?

PaceAdvantage
05-12-2010, 12:02 AM

"Ten paths" is a little hyperbolic methinks :)At the point where obvious contact was made by the 1 into the 6, I don't see how you can say the 6 had no shot to win...the pan shot clearly shows the 6 is right in contention until he gets walloped...

Robert Goren
05-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Agree gm. I cant believe they booted that horse. I was watching on the wee screen because I was playing other tracks and could not believe it was taking so long......... then I see the 1 pitched. Really bad call, imo. What I can not believe is that any of you are betting Penn National. :confused: ;)

DeanT
05-12-2010, 12:21 AM
At the point where obvious contact was made by the 1 into the 6, I don't see how you can say the 6 had no shot to win...the pan shot clearly shows the 6 is right in contention until he gets walloped...
The 1 horses ass moved to the rail when contact was made. I figure Issac Newton and all that force and mass stuff would say he got run into. Since he beat the lame horse by three after that contact, I figure he wins no matter what happens.

RXB
05-12-2010, 12:32 AM
I don't think that the "he was going to lose anyway" argument is valid at all. As has been noted, they're battling very closely when the contact occurs and it is significant contact.

If there's any argument, it would be that the #6 was also somewhat responsible for the contact, as you can see it shift inward in response to the right-hand stick just prior to the contact. The #1 loses its balance a bit and then really veers into the #6's path.

However, the #1 is drifting out toward the #6 quite steadily just before contact, and you see it especially from the back view. If it'd been holding a straight course, and then crossed into the other horse's path via a bump that was no fault of his own, I would say it should've been left up. But it looks like he was coming over regardless, and he continued to do so after the bump, so I would've probably favoured a DQ if I were a steward.

Not a cut-and-dried call for me, though.

DeanT
05-12-2010, 12:38 AM
If there's any argument, it would be that the #6 was also somewhat responsible for the contact, as you can see it shift inward in response to the right-hand stick just prior to the contact. The #1 loses its balance a bit and then really veers into the #6's path.

That's what I saw, hence my thought. Drifting with these horses on these tracks, unless you put someone in the fence is left up. If the 6 does not move in on the one, it is just another race at Pen (imo).

I have spent way too long on a race I didnt play. Man, glad I did not have money on it. I would be arguing with Pace all night :D

takeout
05-12-2010, 01:18 AM
What I can not believe is that any of you are betting Penn National. :confused: ;)Ditto

gm10
05-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Come on.

I'll deal with the facts that are known....the 1 drifted severely, slammed into the 6, and was correctly disqualified.

Let's all hope that stewards don't ever use the kind of supposed logic you just presented.

He didn't drift severely, 6 bumped into 1 and even made him slip.

the little guy
05-12-2010, 11:38 AM
He didn't drift severely, 6 bumped into 1 and even made him slip.

That's because Oswald shot him.

johnhannibalsmith
05-12-2010, 11:59 AM
That's because Oswald shot him.

:lol:

I know Pace hates replies with only emoticons.

Sekrah
05-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Just watched it. Clear cut foul on the #1.

Too much of this garbage is let go. A horse boring out, dragging ass, bumps into a closing horse and all of a sudden the dragging ass horse has 3 lenghts on him. Excellent correct call stewards.

Track announcer: "Trials and Tribulation suddenly spurts away".

LOL yea right. After the mule was begging for the wire at the 1/8th pole.

Sekrah
05-12-2010, 10:21 PM

You clearly:

A) watching a different race

or

B) are intoxicated.

The 6 was easily rolling by that nag before the clear as daylight foul

DeanT
05-12-2010, 10:49 PM
You clearly:

A) watching a different race

or

B) are intoxicated.

Were you intoxicated when you edited your post and got caught red-handed by Game Theory rather than to have the self-confidence and cajones to stand by your convictions?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=873272&postcount=24

A post from you, after the fact with your opinion does not inspire confidence. With your track record here I would be more upset if you agreed with me.

Sekrah
05-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Wow.. Solid defense to your position on this DQ.. Throw something stupid I did a month ago back in my face..

I guess I'll have to do the job of keeping this thread on topic since you have no desire to. Anyone who thinks that wasn't a valid DQ really does not understand the rules of Horse Racing that the stewards have to follow.

My position on this DQ isn't an opinion. It is fact. That was a clear cut, 100%, undisputable disqualificiation.

DeanT
05-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Your first post in the topic explained your opinion in a forthright way, which any person would read and respect; and I did. Your second comment - directly after your cogent post- was a drive-by shot. Expect that to be returned in kind, if the poster who is the recipient of such has any self-respect.

Sekrah
05-12-2010, 11:19 PM
I would classify the post I was responding to as a classic troll.

You claimed it was a fact that the 6 wasn't going by the 1. I can only assume that was a trolling comment to provoke people. I was given that statement the response it deserved. 19 out of 20 people who had no money on this race would laugh at that assertion. The 20th person would be blind.

There are 2 indisputable facts about this race.

1. The #1 was spent and boring out badly, despite the jockey tugging at the reins to keep him on line.

2. The #6 was going by the #1 when the incident occured.

DeanT
05-12-2010, 11:38 PM
I got that from your posts on the last page. You have a differing opinion than me. That's why horses have different odds. Be happy that I play the races because if I am as nuts as you allude, you get to beat me in the pools and take my cash.