PDA

View Full Version : Will Twinspires blow it again Preak Day?

only11
05-11-2010, 06:30 PM
The derby was a nitemare....will the Preakness be the same?

slew101
05-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Volume will be way lower on preliminary races. I'd expect it to be OK.

startngate
05-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Well, it wasn't actually TwinSpires that failed, it was AmTote.

Assuming AmTote actually fixed its problem as it has claimed it would do, then I see no reason why TwinSpires would have any issues. Not should XpressBet, or any of the other Oregon ADW's that use AmTote for services.

Robert Goren
05-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Well, it wasn't actually TwinSpires that failed, it was AmTote.

Assuming AmTote actually fixed its problem as it has claimed it would do, then I see no reason why TwinSpires would have any issues. Not should XpressBet, or any of the other Oregon ADW's that use AmTote for services.I would not count it not happening again. They can not know for sure. I learn a long time ago that with Computer Networks, plug one hole, another one shows up. What ADWs do not use AmTote hubs? Just wondering.

bitter
05-12-2010, 07:30 AM
as far as the video feed go's, i wouldn't trust it

"attempted" to watch some races last saturday and the feed was skiddish .... at best

Black Ruby
05-12-2010, 08:03 AM
TS had problems of their own, outside of the Amtote problems. Of course, their CEO was chosen because of being a tech guy, so they won't acknowledge the problems. But when they couldn't even get it together to sell Derby tickets online on the announced date, why would anyone think that wagering with them on a big day would go as it should?

startngate
05-12-2010, 08:05 AM
I would not count it not happening again. They can not know for sure. I learn a long time ago that with Computer Networks, plug one hole, another one shows up. What ADWs do not use AmTote hubs? Just wondering.While that may be true, and it's very difficult to load test properly in a 'non-live' environment, it should be fairly easy for AmTote to fix what happened, assuming the reports were true.

Of those licensed in Oregon. I believe TVG is using SciGames and YouBet is using United Tote.

Horseplayersbet.com
05-12-2010, 12:20 PM
While that may be true, and it's very difficult to load test properly in a 'non-live' environment, it should be fairly easy for AmTote to fix what happened, assuming the reports were true.

Of those licensed in Oregon. I believe TVG is using SciGames and YouBet is using United Tote.
Horseplayersbet.com was hindered twice (customers couldn't get into the system), and there were a few minor glitches that were sorted out without any negative repercussions for customers.

DJofSD
05-12-2010, 12:25 PM
While that may be true, and it's very difficult to load test properly in a 'non-live' environment, it should be fairly easy for AmTote to fix what happened, assuming the reports were true.

Exactly right.

Maybe they need to hire Cloe O'Brian -- she can fix anything network related.

Watcher
05-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Anyone try and call their TwinSpires bets in? Same thing happened this last Derby as 2008's...

"Sorry, call volume is too high. Please try again later."

sandpit
05-12-2010, 03:19 PM
TS had problems of their own, outside of the Amtote problems. Of course, their CEO was chosen because of being a tech guy, so they won't acknowledge the problems. But when they couldn't even get it together to sell Derby tickets online on the announced date, why would anyone think that wagering with them on a big day would go as it should?

Evans is a f***in' flop...the guy thinks he is the smartest person in the room no matter who he's surrounded by...maybe that's why he works out of his house about 90% of the time...he has no respect for the sport, his employees or the fans...he's done absolutely zero to do what is his primary job: increase shareholder wealth...the stock value is nearly identical to when he got hired...the only wealth he has increased is his own and his cronies who he gave cushy jobs to do things like having TS fail every Derby Day. :ThmbDown:

slew101
05-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Video choppy for me on Saturday.

illinoisbred
05-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Very choppy here-freezing up badly.

Lasix67
05-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Video is OK on low mode.

goforgin
05-16-2010, 07:45 AM
Arlington Park?!?
Video was okay on low mode. But, there was no video for Arlington Race #1. I called the 877# and right away got through to tech support. They checked and within 10-15 seconds, "that's strange, I see what you're saying, let me check it out." I hung up and then about 1 minute or less later, boom, there's Arlington video.

illinoisbred
05-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Arlington Park?!?
Video was okay on low mode. But, there was no video for Arlington Race #1. I called the 877# and right away got through to tech support. They checked and within 10-15 seconds, "that's strange, I see what you're saying, let me check it out." I hung up and then about 1 minute or less later, boom, there's Arlington video.
Right. Same thing happened with the 1st race at AP on derby day. My video feed actually improved greatly after I posted-in fact,I watched the Preakness on Twin Spires and left the tv off.