PDA

View Full Version : More TOGA stuff...

Suff
07-24-2003, 04:37 PM
Ok... I've seen 2-3 light mentions from people, that they feel they may not be welcome at Saratoga... LISTEN UP.

All the sleeping spots are taken. But anyone From Pa is welcome to Join us. No one is excluded. Absolutley NO ONE from this board is exluded from joining us in any capacity they choose.

Everyone that stops by to say hello or sit down and play a few races with us,, wil be greeted warmly, and welcomed.

Any member is welcome. This is a message board... Things happens, things get said,, things are misunderstood, and mostly , People are different.

But let me be clear... Your all invited to join us.

There are enough people going that if a particular person (including me) is not your cup of tea. Then you can spend time or say hello to the Folks that are going that you think you may like to say hello to.

I had a good Dad. He taught me alot. I think I have a little class that fell off his shoulders and landed in my lap.

Anyone that stops by will be greeted by my outstretched handshake and recieved warmly and welcomed. If you elect to roam off and spend some time with other members....so be it.

And my Take on the other people going is they all will conduct themselves in the very same manner.

I'm providing the spot. Its a PA trip. Massaging my ego or befriending me is not a condition of particpation. All I expect is a friendly hello... Then you can do whatever the hell you please.

I'm just a Horse player playing the horses

Suff
07-24-2003, 05:02 PM
and more TOGA stuff

MOST and and I mean MOST....people are leaving on Friday the 30th. About 5 are staying through Labor day weekend.

Labor Day weekend... I have personal friends of mine Coming up. Not Horse players. childhood chum, a couple of friends coming up on thier Harley's, couple guys I work with and so on...

So the PA portion of the trip...EXCEPT for the 5 guys that have confirmed they are staying that weekend, is heavily concentrated on the front end.

Same token... My Friends will probably be roaming downtown Saratoga day and night enjoying the party scene. If your up for that.... stop by on the backend.

Suff
07-24-2003, 06:13 PM
More Toga Stuff...

Steering this whole train back on the Positive tracks.

Consider this.

I've got some serious talent grouped together in one place for a sustained period.

The chances of winning Shit Loads of money are very good.

Chew on that one.

JustRalph
07-24-2003, 06:38 PM
Hey Suff

Some of us want to come to Sar but just can't make it work. You know I am one of them. I would just suggest that for those of us who cannot make it (rat's! I found a job too soon!) you take tons of pictures. Make sure these guys bring their digital camera's etc. Hell, I bet Bill could do a live hookup with one of those cheap web cams...... I will leave that to the imaginative ones. Just don't forget to take some good shots.

Storm Cadet
07-24-2003, 11:42 PM
You going heavy on the 1 horse in Saratoga's 2nd race on Friday?

With a name like that, I'm sure he'll kick some Yankee butt up there!

Good luck to your Bosox on this weekends big matchup at Fenway...still too early to say it'll mean the pennant...but it's always the best matchup in MLB today!!!

Good luck at Saratoga this weekend...:cool:

Trijack
07-25-2003, 12:27 AM
I will be bringing my digital camera + my camcorder. Should be able to get lots of great pictures.

This will be my first trip where I will get to meet some good handicappers from this board. How could it get any better than this. Can hardly wait now that I got my plans all set.

Jack

BillW
07-25-2003, 01:03 AM
We'll have to talk PA into opening up a photo gallery page here on the site.:cool:

freeneasy
07-25-2003, 01:04 AM
that i'am not going to be there. man i hope you guys take so many pictures that i dont know what. i love pictures. maybe put together a little scrapbook or something. and if you guys hit a couple of bars, make sure you get some shots of the guys falling down on the dance floor, those always make for fond rememberences:D and remember if you get to the track with a slight hangover, always bet the horse with two heads;)

PaceAdvantage
07-25-2003, 02:17 AM
uh oh....there goes my witness protection...... :eek:

JustRalph
07-25-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
uh oh....there goes my witness protection...... :eek:

What about those guys who are telling their wives they are going on a business trip......... I hope they never log on....to PA

VetScratch
07-25-2003, 06:42 AM
To whomever,
man suff, iam just so dying
that i'am not going to be there. man i hope you guys take so many pictures that i dont know what. i love pictures. maybe put together a little scrapbook or something. and if you guys hit a couple of bars, make sure you get some shots of the guys falling down on the dance floor, those always make for fond rememberences and remember if you get to the track with a slight hangover, always bet the horse with two heads

Unless you already succeed as a professional writer, whoever is the creator of this delightful character in the classic sidekick/bumpkin tradition of Festus (Gunsmoke) and Barney (Andy Griffith Show) should consider sending me a PM. You have a talent that is valuable! Don't let it go to waste.

Suff
07-25-2003, 04:05 PM
more stuff that comes to me as I prepare.

Bring anything you want autographed with you. The jocks, trainers, owners and Celebs are RIGHT UP ON YOU at Saratoga. The way the track is laid out ....You litterally mingle with these folks all day. Its very easy to talk or get an autograph. And if you go to breakfast with the horse's its very easy to engage in a conversation for a few minutes with the Jocks, trainers, clockers, owners , et al.....

Personal hygiene is a big one. Make sure you bring your own soap, deodarant, and so forth. i'm there to help everyone have a good time.... help me....By being as self-supporting and independent as possible. Bring enough chnages of clothing that you can do Laundry JUST once and get by. There's a Laundramat about 3 miles from the cottage. I'll drive people down or lend you my car...but try and make it only once if possible.

And everyone should bring at least ONE pair of pants and a sport coat if you'd like to sit in a Private box one day. I usually get a box once or twice during the week. I sat in Goerge Steinbreners last year... It was a rainy day and it was empty...So i did my thing and I had 4 of us there for $30 bucks a piece.
I have angles I play at saratoga too!

Btw. Leaving for Saratoga Tommorrow Morning with John M (Rocajack on PA) and a Suffolk Guy. 3 of us driving up for the day.

Fastracehorse
07-25-2003, 04:18 PM
You sound like one heck of a nice guy.

It makes me wish I could go.

fffastt

SAL
07-25-2003, 04:23 PM
The more I read about it, the more I wish I could be there too.... sounds like it's gonna be a blast.

Speed Figure
07-25-2003, 04:30 PM
If guys lose there bets are you giving them the money back too!:D

Suff
07-25-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by SAL
The more I read about it, the more I wish I could be there too.... sounds like it's gonna be a blast.

Drop everything and Come. lol. Thats what I do,,,,

Nothing stops me form making this trip. Since the day I pulled out of Whispering Pines last year I have looked forward to going back.

I don't know how life is for everybody else.. But I'm a working stiff and my life is mostly UPHILL. One week a year I put myself on the downslop and enjoy. I think of and worry about nothing for the 10 days I am there.

Its my reward for the other 355 days.

Suff
07-25-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by speed figure
If guys lose there bets are you giving them the money back too!:D

If they punched wrong number on the machine by accident I will make POST race refunds yes.........

:o not

B. Comin'
07-25-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Sufferindowns
Drop everything and Come. lol. Thats what I do,,,,

Its my reward for the other 355 days.

Let's see,

I'm jealous, I'm unfunny, I'm a bad vibe guy, I'm funny, I'm still invited to the toga thing (you're such a sport, SD!), and I threw 'off' an odd thread in the short time I've been back, and I joust with LousyCapper who knows me.

But I've also contributed to the board for those who use the HM program (the jamoke, that I am, original words by SD to the first post I made since coming back to this board, that PA locked down, cause he was made to believe that I was advertising;.... and I'm Derisive?): ie: fulcrum pace, KITTS recent post; thank you KITTS for your 200+ race study on the fulcrun pace horse being in the money 50%, as 200 races is enough (as it, 'it' being 200 races, was good enuff for Mark Cramer in his 11 ex. stategies genius work), combined with KITTS experience (you know you're just up 95 from me) along with the emphasis I've put on the HM PPF #'s accuracy. I also took an 'unposted' # of grave concerns by HCCPR'S that use HM, that I might drive their odds down by posting my developing insights into this program.

I've been with this board since the beginning, along with Tom, OLDCOD (where have you been?), Nasty, but BIG ITM who took a constant beating for drilling into poster's the importance of final time, also, in all fairness for being very, very, very Nasty; so I took a 2 year break, and I've come back to find a great organiser, a great cheerleader, and a mediocre 'reach' handicapper like SD, having a ring in PA's nose, leading this board to mediocrity!!!

Unbelieveable!!!

PA, lock down this thread, ban me (and others who don't use BRIS, TSN, or suscribe to a new, improved 'party line' that your being influenced to create), and create a constant 'good-vibe' board with some 'correct' rules. But methinks in the long run it will just end up leading to mediocrity.

But, then again, MEDIOCRITY, is what most people have grown accustomed to.

Sincerely,
MARK

Suff
07-25-2003, 06:33 PM
you posted a 4 page love letter to Mike Pizzola right? First post in two years. And I first,,, then one or two others repeated my thoughts. That was 3 weeks ago? A month?

What happened Mark? Did I hurt your feelings? And now your acting up like a child?

People say smart ass crap to me all the time. I throw back one reply or I suck it up and ignore it.

Whats a matter... You feeling a Little slighted? You used to hang here and now your back? And I said something smart to you and you can't get over it?

What can I tell you. Move along.

You allude that a good vibe leads to mediocrce....But when I went sideways on you.... your acting like a baby who needs a diaper change?

Your following me around the board? You show up on threads I'm in with 1 guy in the selction room? You jump in here where you know I am reading?

What do you want Bcomin? Whats your deal with me? You wanna be my friend? You want me to like you ? You want me to acknowledge you?

These are little boy games.....I don't play those.

Suff
07-25-2003, 06:41 PM
That last reply to you was My Pissed off reply to you...

But Mark...

Truthfully.. I don't want to mix it up with you....

If we're not hitting it off or I've misjudged you, or vice versa...

Please let it go. I'me not up for this.

Welcome back to the board. Play nice.

Suff
07-25-2003, 06:56 PM
Hey PA

Do me a favor... Can you cut out Bcomins and my post from this thread?

This thread is a about the trip. And he kinda jumped in here and typed up his personal resume and cried crocodile tears all over it.

Its all Junk,,,, can you throw it out with the trash so that people who are really looking for information about the trip do not have to be subjected to this??

Or simply cut it and move into Off topic or something?

Suff
07-25-2003, 07:03 PM
Another thing I meant to add to a previous post.

I want everyone to give me the Names and Numbers of a Person (s) to contact in the event of an emergency.

If someone were to get sick or fall or something... I'd like to have an emergency contact.

I'm not a nervous nellie. I'm just trying pick up the Responsibilties that go with being the host. And I think its important I have this.

If your uncomfortable with that. Thats Ok. I'm flexible.

B. Comin'
07-25-2003, 07:19 PM
SD,

You're right.

But I gotz history on my side.

And, no I don't wanna be liked by anyone here, (tho, it would be nice), but this board has helped me to be a better 'capper, cause I paid attention to people who've posted here since 1996 that I didn't like, thanks to PA developing, and since maintaining THE BOARD.

For eg., Larry Hamilton is one. Years ago I used to post under the nik 'Confucious', (talk about a false ego?). Oh well, Larry didn't like my nik cause his wife was(is?) oriental, and she was offended by it. So I changed my nik, cause Larry posted alot of db stuff (AND BELIEVE ME, HE HAS A BIG ONE, DB THAT IS) that disproved a few HCCP'ING oxymorons that I had previously adhered to. Thank you Larry, I have never done this before, thank you that is, cause I'm an ingrate. (Vegas does that to a person, by the way).

Anyways, in the pursuit of not making this post a 4-pager, and towards the pursuit of what works and what doesn't work in becoming a better handicapper, (hope, hope, hope...), has nothing to do with liking or disliking someone.

Why do you call your your HCCP'ING den the 'war room'? Is it just an image that you like to project or a homage to PA? What ever the reason, liking or being liked is important to you. If you aspire to be the best that you can be in this most difficult of pursuits, doping winners that is, then you'll never achieve it unless you challenge others and challenge yourself, instead of playing like the 'Martha Stewart' of this board (she lives just below your state, right?).

If your not up to that, then change the name of your den to the 'tea party' room or 'why can't we all just get along room'. But don't contaminate PA with your MASS. political correctness or 'be like me' in the social graces upbringing.

I luv ya' man.

Sincerely,
Thompson Gunner (ole' nik)

Suff
07-25-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by B. Comin'
SD,

You're right.

But I gotz history on my side.

For eg., Larry Hamilton is one. Years ago I used to post under the nik 'Confucious', (talk about a false ego?). Oh well, Larry didn't like my nik cause his wife was(is?) oriental, and she was offended by it. So I changed my nik, cause Larry posted alot of db stuff (AND BELIEVE ME, HE HAS A BIG ONE, DB THAT IS) that disproved a few HCCP'ING oxymorons that I had previously adhered to. Thank you Larry, I have never done this before, thank you that is, cause I'm an ingrate. (Vegas does that to a person, by the way).

Sincerely,

Call Larry on the telphone right now... I have his home and Cell number if you need it. I'll tell you right now what he'll tell you.

"I know sufferindowns" Sufferindowns is a friend of mine" "and Bcomin" "Your no Sufferindowns"

Think I'll call him right now and make sure thats what he tells you.

Suff
07-25-2003, 07:39 PM
SD,

Why do you call your your HCCP'ING den the 'war room'? Is it just an image that you like to project or a homage to PA? What ever the reason, liking or being liked is important to you. If you aspire to be the best that you can be in this most difficult of pursuits, doping winners that is, then you'll never achieve it unless you challenge others and challenge yourself, instead of playing like the 'Martha Stewart' of this board (she lives just below your state, right?).

I luv ya' man.

Sincerely,

B? You've seen me in action for a month,,,

I've caused more trouble on this board than a 3 ball'd TomCat.

I'm not a super nice guy...as evidenced by my little back and forth here. I'm just tryin to put a nice trip together so I am on My best behavior....or was.

Btw.. I Just talked to Larry.... he said he never liked you.

B. Comin'
07-25-2003, 07:40 PM
Suff, (can I call you that?),

I know I'm not no SD, cause that's what makes you, YOU. But that's okay, it just empasizes what I'm trying to get across.

Seriously, I have no friends (board members can see why), but I am baring my real self, open to vulnerabilities: have been a total a**hole when I use to post (as compared to now? I....I... I'm just not sure) :confused:.

Truly, I do know, you are an all around better person than me....for sure, and have been a better asset to this board and community of handicappers than I'd ever be. I know my limitations, as a person, that is.

Ciao'

Suff
07-25-2003, 07:52 PM
Larry told me to keep an eye on you...... That you were a sly one.

I'll take that last post as face value.....It was touching.

I tell everyone that is coming on this trip.

When I have to talked to members or traded e-mails and so forth, It really helps understand thier personality and sense of humor and so forth......and it makes for a better board...for me.

If your serious about wanting to find some people to enjoy racing with. Do what you can to get to Saratoga for a day.

Come up...meet a few people....maybe it will help you get some friendly relationships going.

B. Comin'
07-25-2003, 08:00 PM
Larry's right.

You can take what I said at face value, as I hope 'amends' still work.

I have a limited # of vacation days that I'm using in Nov. to go to Cancun.

Kill' em at Toga!!!

Tom
07-25-2003, 08:07 PM
I want Dave Schwartz's autograph.
And Derek's, if he is there.

Suff
07-25-2003, 08:09 PM
what happens now? We hug?

LMAO.... seriously.... I'm glad we worked it out.

Suff
07-25-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Tom
I want Dave Schwartz's autograph.
And Derek's, if he is there.

In the last two months I've sent DerekU2 a Private message (maybe 2) and an e-mail asking if he was coming and letting him know I'd love to see him there.

But I never got a reply.

Suff
07-25-2003, 08:19 PM
The biggest mystery is Nyracapper

Who for all intensive purposes was FIRST in. And who had the trip planned and who I did alot of E-mail and Telephone chatter with about horses and the Trip.

He fell off the face of the Earth. I have'nt heard a PEEP from him since the FUNNYCIDE crossed the finish line at Kentucky Derby.

This is a guy who I worked the NY card with EVERY DAY by e-mail. He would send me essays on why he liked a horse....and I'd type up my Breakdown , horse for horse, and we'd go back forth all night before a the next days racing.

3-4 times a month we'd talk on the phone...

Then , The derby... we both liked Funnycide. We were Both sitting in the warroom when the race went off. PA was there and about 18 other people. I typed with 15 minutes to post I was betting 150WP on Funnycide. he posted he was making the same bet.

The race went off... Funnycide won. He logged out of the warroom and I have'nt heard from him since.

Its the strangest thing. I hope he's OK.

VetScratch
07-25-2003, 09:08 PM
You guys spat just like all guys. Quick flare-up, no winner, make up, then forget how it happened! If PA writes new rules, I hope he sets aside one day a week for Ladies Rules (everything goes, one winner).

However, I do like some of the other new ideas. Today, I used my own soap, deoderant, and toothbrush... quite pleased so far! :) :) :)

B. Comin'
07-25-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by VetScratch
You guys spat just like all guys. Quick flare-up, no winner, make up, then forget how it happened! If PA writes new rules, I hope he sets aside one day a week for Ladies Rules (everything goes, one winner).

However, I do like some of the other new ideas. Today, I used my own soap, deoderant, and toothbrush... quite pleased so far! :) :) :)

No winner, cause men are less aggressive, being a profound revelation to you!

If PA sets aside one day for Ladies week, it'll just be a chronic complaint thread, and, he should title it 'TROUBLE TALK'. Cuz when women get together, all they talk about is their troubles; husbands, boyfriends, food , clothing, weight, growing old, picking winners, etc., and they rarely find solutions.

Those that are close to you, I know, are glad to hear that you're taking care of your hygiene.:p

VetScratch
07-25-2003, 09:37 PM
B Comin:
No winner, cause men are less aggressive, being a profound revelation to you! You're back after a two-year hiatus while I'm relatively new, but when I get to know you better, I may be able to help you change your mind about gals. :D :D :D :D

B. Comin'
07-25-2003, 09:42 PM
All I can say is that I know a MINX when I read one!

(A better line than JUST RALPHS, eh?):cool:

VetScratch
07-25-2003, 09:57 PM
I guess only time will tell us whether you can write as well as Just Ralph.

B. Comin'
07-25-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by VetScratch
I guess only time will tell us whether you can write as well as Just Ralph.

Like I said VS, you are a MINX!

Even tho' thatz (being a MINX) somewhat of an abberation for a psuedo-blue-blood-college-educated-and-somewhat-experienced-small-town-gal.

Guess that explains your affinity fer' R-Necks.

Dave Schwartz
07-25-2003, 10:42 PM
Suff,

Wow, I sure missed a lot in this thread!

So, how 'bout them Sox, huh? 4 weeks from today, my friend.

I just can't tell you how much I am looking forward to it.

Thanks again for all your effort.

Dave

JustRalph
07-25-2003, 10:58 PM
It reminds of walking in on my parents when I knew they were talking about me.

First of all, B.Comin, you should know that I change my Avatar about every week to ten days and it is usually in response to some discussion I have participated in. It was implied that I am a RedNeck in a discussion, therefore I found a little RedNeck humor was appropriate. I am having some fun with it, but there is a little truth to it. I don't feel insulted.

I just figgered that you's was helpn out some. I was pert-near fixin to open a big ole' can of whup Arse , but I am too busy handicappen the Nascar race for Sunday. Me and my homey's are dang near out of Skoal, gotta go. Peace Out!

PaceAdvantage
07-25-2003, 11:12 PM
Dude, I have little clue what you are talking about....

However, the vibe I did get from your post was this....you're taking this stuff WAY too seriously.....chill

Let's see,

I'm jealous, I'm unfunny, I'm a bad vibe guy, I'm funny, I'm still invited to the toga thing (you're such a sport, SD!), and I threw 'off' an odd thread in the short time I've been back, and I joust with LousyCapper who knows me.

But I've also contributed to the board for those who use the HM program (the jamoke, that I am, original words by SD to the first post I made since coming back to this board, that PA locked down, cause he was made to believe that I was advertising;.... and I'm Derisive?): ie: fulcrum pace, KITTS recent post; thank you KITTS for your 200+ race study on the fulcrun pace horse being in the money 50%, as 200 races is enough (as it, 'it' being 200 races, was good enuff for Mark Cramer in his 11 ex. stategies genius work), combined with KITTS experience (you know you're just up 95 from me) along with the emphasis I've put on the HM PPF #'s accuracy. I also took an 'unposted' # of grave concerns by HCCPR'S that use HM, that I might drive their odds down by posting my developing insights into this program.

I've been with this board since the beginning, along with Tom, OLDCOD (where have you been?), Nasty, but BIG ITM who took a constant beating for drilling into poster's the importance of final time, also, in all fairness for being very, very, very Nasty; so I took a 2 year break, and I've come back to find a great organiser, a great cheerleader, and a mediocre 'reach' handicapper like SD, having a ring in PA's nose, leading this board to mediocrity!!!

Unbelieveable!!!

PA, lock down this thread, ban me (and others who don't use BRIS, TSN, or suscribe to a new, improved 'party line' that your being influenced to create), and create a constant 'good-vibe' board with some 'correct' rules. But methinks in the long run it will just end up leading to mediocrity.

But, then again, MEDIOCRITY, is what most people have grown accustomed to.

Sincerely,
MARK

Suff
07-26-2003, 06:28 AM
what I meant by autograph (s) is that , I bought a Matted photo line finish picture of Funnycide. I may bring this with me and have Santos Autograph it.

I bought Steve Davidovitch's book 6 months ago. I may bring that and have him sign it.

So if you have a book, photo, or a souvineer you'd like to get autographed... bring it with you.

TV? I bring a 29 inch color TV for my Cottage. Every night the local cable channel shows that days races over again at night. Plus they show Saratoga Harness live.

For those that don't know. Saratoga Harness is right across the street from the T-bred track and they run a LIVE card every night.

I realize the Airplane guys can't bring a TV.. but if your driving and you'd like to watch the days races or simply want to watch TV while you are there. Throw a small TV in the car. The cottages DO NOT have a TV in them. They all have the cable Hook-up, but not a TV.

andicap
07-26-2003, 06:38 PM
In the last two months I've sent DerekU2 a Private message (maybe 2) and an e-mail asking if he was coming and letting him know I'd love to see him there.

But I never got a reply.

Don't be hurt :D I've emailed derek several times and he's never responded. Although he has emailed me once. Very mysterious person. (I think he likes it like that -- all that Zen stuff).
Dying to know what his new wife is like.

andicap
07-26-2003, 06:43 PM

I bought Steve Davidovitch's book 6 months ago. I may bring that and have him sign it.

Did Steve Davidowitz marry Lolita Davidovitch when I wasn't looking? Nice going Steve!

;)

Suff
07-27-2003, 01:40 AM
Great Day at the Track.... What a place. So Beautiful. Quiet Car as we drove through the gate as everybody just took it in.

Had a little good news I wanted to share before crashing.

Travers day for our trip was going to be a bit of a bear. With Some Flying in Friday Night. Some Sat. Some driving.

Some wanting to meet at the Cottage at 10:00 AM so we could all go to the track together and so forth. (gates open at 7:00 am on Travers day)

All those concerns have gone away.

I have on my desk with me now. Seats for Travers day. But not just seats.

I have 4 tables, side by side, with 6 seats per table in a Private Festival Tent in the Clubhouse section, next to the Paddock.

24 total reserved seats.

For Travers Day.....and for Monday August 25th.

So know everybody knows Where we are. Just show up Travers day at the track. Go to the Paddock in the Clubhouse. To the right you'll see a Private tent with Large RED and WHITE stripes. Tell the Maitre' D your with the Pace Advanatge Party.

Casual dress....shorts and T-shirts allowed.

The week of the 15th I will have the Final Cottage assignments.

I'll e-mail them out. We have cottage 6, cottage 7 and cottage 10.

Now... If you'd like to go to the cottages on Saturday Morning you will not need me as you'll know what cottage your in by then.

You can check in.. Unpack your stuff and meet at the track.

Suff
07-27-2003, 01:57 AM
Forgot to mention the Cost.

$2.00 (it's actullay free but I gotta get 2 Token bucks for the walk off Grand Slam I hit.)

Can you swing that?

lol

Suff Goes DOWNTOWN at Toga!!! I laid a serious Boston hustle on them UpStaters today.

While back in Boston my Home town team was Treating Mike Mussina like an infant treats a diaper . Sox 7 Yanks 4.

VetScratch
07-27-2003, 02:56 AM
Sufferindowns,
I have 4 tables, side by side, with 6 seats per table in a Private Festival Tent in the Clubhouse section, next to the Paddock.
24 total reserved seats.
For Travers Day.....and for Monday August 25th.
So know everybody knows Where we are. Just show up Travers day at the track. Go to the Paddock in the Clubhouse. To the right you'll see a Private tent with Large RED and WHITE stripes. Tell the Maitre' D your with the Pace Advanatge Party.
Unless the corporate sponsors have played musical chairs, the tent you describe should be the Pfizer tent, as it was last year. If so, all guests must sign a waiver that enables Pfizer to release photographs taken during the raceday. Perhaps the PA group, enthusiastially celebrating a clever handicapping triumph, will be lucky enough to be immortalized in a Viagra advertisement!

If this should happen, I would hope PA will offer a download file that we can install as wallpaper on our PCs!

:)

PaceAdvantage
07-27-2003, 02:52 PM
Suff....you are the MAN!!

Who's better than suff??? Thinkin' about the PA board enough to get us a prime spot....can't wait to get up there and meet you in person, and everyone else who wants to show up.

It's gonna be a great time!

Suff
07-27-2003, 02:56 PM
Its actually something I think is new. I was just Hound dogging and I tripped over it. I really did'nt have any angle I played other than good old fashioned elbow grease.

Its called a Festival Tent. It has about 30 tables and is covered and the sides are open, and its roped in. Buffet tables and electricity for Kegs, food,, or whatever, .. Buts it strictly Bring your on.

On the 25th. the day PA is there... We'll have hamburgs and hotdogs, beer and wine,

But its to much for me right now to have anything other than just the tables and seats for Travers day.

Here's a tciket. I have 24 of these. A fwe extra actually so if someone wants to jump in now for Travers day only... I can Mail out your tickets...and I can also mail out to the guys that are going Friday night so you have it with you.

Suff
07-27-2003, 02:59 PM
Pa is that attach coming though?

retry?

VetScratch
07-27-2003, 03:16 PM
Suff, I think something's amiss with the attached image...

I got a thumbnail of Rafael Palmeiro and some tiny lettering.

Oh well, I guess it could be a ticket.

Suff
07-27-2003, 03:27 PM
I give up.........

I have tickets. I'm about to rip them in 2000 pieces if this freaking attachment does'nt start cooperating.

I e-mailed it to the Boss. Let him Fiddle with it. I'm done.

BillW
07-27-2003, 03:35 PM
suff,

PA has the board set up such that atttachments never display automatically. He has to do it manually (a virus prevention measure, I believe)

Bill

Suff
07-27-2003, 03:36 PM
I'd like to have a word with Mr. Virus protector right about now.

Tom
07-27-2003, 07:02 PM
Sounds like the tent we always held the Sartin seminars in.
First class - great view of the saddlings.
I'm driving in for a day trip Monday the 25th. Can't wait to meet everyone.

PaceAdvantage
07-28-2003, 09:58 AM
I opened your attachment...didn't see anything. So, I uploaded what you sent me via e-mail....

Suff
07-28-2003, 03:41 PM
yea... Thats it...

The row is the table number... we have tables 19, 20 and 29 & 30. and we have all 6 seats at All 4 tables.

The TWO end tables of rows 1 and 2. The crowd might stop us from seeing DIRECTLY into the paddock... But its about 35 feet from our tables.....lol.....

Really going to make a Huge difference for us on Sat....

Just this weekend.... the people were 30 deep from the top of the stretch to past the finish line. Travers day is a zoo...

but not for us. We're Kings for the Day.

Trijack
07-28-2003, 04:35 PM
Suff

That away to go. You come thru again. I went to Del Mar Sunday and what a zoo that was. They even ran out of programs. Attendance was over 24,500. Glad I got there early.

Jack

Storm Cadet
07-28-2003, 04:56 PM
Suff...you da man!

Keep up the great work!

And yeah, by the way, your boys played well again...our bullpen _ucks!

Suff
07-28-2003, 05:29 PM
Saturday. One group had the whole Tent. They bought all the tables.

Still, me and Johnny boy, winked and nodded our way in and found the tables I bought. And gave the whole Tent a good once over.

Its a sweet spot. and its a triple sweet spot considering our circumstances.

Can you picture 15 guys ( most who flew all night the night before) who don't each other standing in a Packed crowd in the sun trying to say hello and play the races at the same time????

I figured Saturday a tough day for us. But that Sunday and the remaining days would shape up OK.

But now... this makes it such much more realistic that we can all put our feet on the ground Satruday morning with a plan that works. Major headache for me is gone.

I have 24. I think I have a few extra still. So any member that now wants to come for Travers day. Send me an e-mail and I'll put your name down.

I have gotten three requests already from PA members in the NY area that are now joining us Saturday.

What I think I will do is make sure that I or another person is there with all the tickets at 11:00 AM..(maybe 10:00). That way...
You just have to get yourself through the gate ($5.00) and find the Tent. Give your name. And your ticket will be waiting for you.

And I still have a few tickets left for anyone that wants to go Travers day.

keenang
07-29-2003, 05:57 PM
SUFF.
AS I SAID BEFORE,THIS IS THE MOST GENEROUS THING I HAVE EVER SEEN. EVERYDAY I WISH I COULD GO.MAYBE NEXT TIME.
I HOPE YOU AND ALL THE P.A. GUYS KILL EM. YOU DESERVE IT.
THE BEST OF EVERYTHING. GENE

Suff
07-29-2003, 06:31 PM
Thanks Keen..

I was telling another member this Morning... Maybe a California guy will pick up the Torch and have us all out to Del-Mar Next year.

I realistically had to "Front" this years. I could'nt see me putting this together by asking people to send me money. Could you?

Maybe once we all get togther...and some trust and friendship is developed we can all spend a few bucks in advance next year and do Del-mar. Or we could up the ante at Saratoga and Rent the entire whispering pines for 50 guys next year.

Tom
07-29-2003, 09:46 PM
Thanks Keen..

I was telling another member this Morning... Maybe a California guy will pick up the Torch and have us all out to Del-Mar Next year.

...or some Nevada guy (DS?) put us all up in a brothel?:eek:

Suff
07-30-2003, 05:33 AM
Tom...

Your sense of humor has been very helpful lately.

When I visit a thread lately, especially this one, I expect strife. But you've caught me off gaurd with a couple of nice Zingers.

Thanks

Mike.

btw. I much prefer Laughter over intellectual debate.

This trip of ours. "Our Thing" I call it. Is going to be great.

And all great things demand work and Diligence to be successful.

A little Laughter along the way...Lightens the load.

Thanks Tommy Boy.

Dave Schwartz
07-30-2003, 12:30 PM
Tom,

>>...or some Nevada guy (DS?) put us all up in a brothel?<<

ALways thinking, aren't you? <G>

I'm figuring that you'll show up and say, "I'm Dave Schwartz."

Fortunately (for me), nobody will say, "No you aren't." <G>

Dave

Fastracehorse
07-30-2003, 01:23 PM
I read this in an Edmonton OTB.

Aristotle said:"Live, love, learn, but most of all don't forget to laugh."

fffastt

BTW

The Greeks were smart.

:D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek:

Suff
07-30-2003, 06:10 PM
My Efforts to land a Cheap Hotel for Friday Night Landed me at

http://www.the.ramada.com/albany09224

Very Close to Albany Airport.

I thinks its $62.00 for that night... The 22nd.

There is already ONE PA that is staying here. One (CJ) that has said he will make a RES there....

So I'm suggesting to Jack...and Ralph R. and anyone else that you Book a room here for Friday Night , the 22nd.

Its $89.00 by telephone....$62.00 by internet...

I think,,,and I have yet to discuss it with them... But I'll have 3 with me Friday Night here in Boston. I was thinking I would get a couple of rooms there as well and I'd spend Most of Friday In Boston and then leave for Albany late. Get to the Place Late...and just crash a quick 6 (or 4) hours.

I like the idea of Being in Albany on Saturday Morning rather than Driving from Boston Sat. Morn.

Ok...

Let me know how you make out.

Suff
08-01-2003, 05:01 PM
Either I was'nt paying attention or I misunderstood him.

I thought PA was coming the 25th. But Now he tells me he will be there for travis day the 23rd.

I can't have the KING of all Kings... Mr. PA Himself, at Saratoga for Travis Day with Nothing but a seat and a Table.

So Today I Cleared it with NYRA to hire a Caterer and have them drop us some Food and Beverage for Travis day.

I got some Booze...Beer , wine, and assorted appetizers,,,a couple of cold cuts platters, some small lunch stuff and so forth.

They're going in before us and setting us up with all the food and Tableware.

So when we arrive we'll be all set.

Mr. PA... would you like a Chilled Glass of Chardonay with that $50.00 winner?

Suff
08-01-2003, 06:44 PM
OK....

I just spent $20.00 of everyone's Money.

I got a case of Sam Adams, Henieken, Bud, Bud lite.

1/2 a Dozen cases of Soda

Lunch, Sandwiches and other non-fancy stuff for 20 people.

All the sides

Potato salad, Mac salad, Devil egged salad, Chips , pretzels

A few Pies,,,apple Blue etc...

This is Delivered..with all the condiments and tableware.

And set up on a buffet table next to our 4 tables at 11:00 am on Travers Day.

Seat, table and lunch for $20.00

I just paid them. Bring a crisp $20.00 so they fit all nice in my pocket.

Trijack
08-01-2003, 07:45 PM
Suff

You keep it up and there is going to be a lot of board members that are going to be sorry they did not plan to attend.

Just 22 days to go. I'm ready.

Suff
08-01-2003, 09:06 PM
Got a Couple of Good FINAL confirmations this week that I'll share.

CJ....who was at risk of being deployed has cleared that Hurdle and he's locked , loaded and ready to GO.

And another guy that is very active at different Points in the year out here as time allows got cemented in as well.

Reid Mclennan, is coming Monday the 25th and staying for three days at whispering pines with us, . He's the racing education manager at Sam Houston race park and IMHO one of the best "Physical Handicappers" I've seen. I hope to learn a few things from him.

I spoke with him Tonight. He was pretty happy to hear we were beside the Paddock! I'm going to follow him over there once or twice.

Here's a little Bio on him.

Reid McLellan, a former Thoroughbred trainer and University Professor with a PhD in Animal Breeding and Genetics, authors the tip sheet called "Purple Power". As Racing Education Manager for Sam Houston Race Park, McLellan relies on both his education and training experience when teaching fans and employees about racing and handicapping. He also offers Trainers' Exam Prep Classes and consults on selection of racing prospects and training programs

Suff
08-01-2003, 09:35 PM
If you Bring a $100.00 to play the races for 3 days and You can make it last.....Good for you....Thats none of my business or anyone elses..

This aint a whale convention....its a bunch of sluggs living over their heads for a week.

No need to start "flashing cash" at the windows for anyone else but yourself. If someone wants to stay alive with short bets all day and enoy the day.....thats fine....

But... I did get 4 people run the same idea by me.

Pik6 comingled bets. 5 guys? More? Throw in a stick or a 1/2 a stick if we get a couple of nice carryovers while we are there?

We take a couple of moderate swings at the Holy Grail as a unit?

BillW
08-01-2003, 10:09 PM

Here's a little Bio on him.

Reid McLellan, a former Thoroughbred trainer and University Professor with a PhD in Animal Breeding and Genetics, authors the tip sheet called "Purple Power". As Racing Education Manager for Sam Houston Race Park, McLellan relies on both his education and training experience when teaching fans and employees about racing and handicapping. He also offers Trainers' Exam Prep Classes and consults on selection of racing prospects and training programs

In addition to his resume, he is the type of guy you want to sit around and have a beer with and tear a race apart. Glad to hear he'll be there.

On the pk-6, how about keeping it informal, i.e. build the ticket, which sets the price and sell shares at say, $10. If I want two shares, and you want 5, so be it. If we don't make the ticket cost, oh well, we haven't lost anything, we were going to handicap the races anyway. I suggest the $10 (or $5 or $20 or whatever) share price so as not to exclude anyone (as opposed to an even split)

Bill

PaceAdvantage
08-02-2003, 12:46 AM
Is this guy for real???? ;)

OK....

I just spent $20.00 of everyone's Money.

I got a case of Sam Adams, Henieken, Bud, Bud lite.

1/2 a Dozen cases of Soda

Lunch, Sandwiches and other non-fancy stuff for 20 people.

All the sides

Potato salad, Mac salad, Devil egged salad, Chips , pretzels

A few Pies,,,apple Blue etc...

This is Delivered..with all the condiments and tableware.

And set up on a buffet table next to our 4 tables at 11:00 am on Travers Day.

Seat, table and lunch for $20.00

I just paid them. Bring a crisp $20.00 so they fit all nice in my pocket.

keilan
08-02-2003, 01:05 AM
Nice job you're doing for the guy's, good luck to everyone participating it sounds like a great time. The 1st are always the best.

ENJOY

Shacopate
08-02-2003, 02:11 AM
My hat is off to you.

My impression is that you are a "world class" individual.

Wish I could make it this summer, maybe next year.

Side note: Can you believe the Reds traded Boone to Yankees?

JustRalph
08-02-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Shacopate
Side note: Can you believe the Reds traded Boone to Yankees?

The Reds are about to get their asses in Hot water. The county commisioners agreed to go with a Tax increase to build the stadiums for the Bengals and the Reds. The public approved it as a tax increase. The contract for both teams to have the stadiums included a clause that the teams had to "do everything in their power to try to field a winning team" The Bengals are already being sued because they have failed so miserably. The decisions being made on managing the team are what is being called into question. One court threw out the Bengals suit because the judge said not enough time had elapsed to make a judgement. The case will possibly come up again at a later time. The Reds have never been looked at as being in the same light. As you can see by the article here

http://reds.enquirer.com/2003/08/01/badreds01.html

That may be about to change.

I don't know how you can say that sending Boone to the Yanks was a step in the right direction? I don't care about firing the GM and the Manager (Boones dad) when you start unloading players to gain back 5 mil after having acccepted 240 million dollars from the Tax payers..........somebody might call your judgement into question. They got rid of their only closer, they dumped Boone's salary and they traded their top hitter (Guillen) and run producer for nothing more than unproven minor league pitching. There are some Reds fans who are going to be wanting their tax money back. This is indicative of what is wrong with Baseball. Small market teams like Cincy ( Cincinnati is the smallest major city in Ohio, half the size of Columbus proper and 60% of Cleveland) that do not have the market to support them. They need to go away or come up with revenue sharing plans similar to the NFL. If you live in Columbus for example (right in the center of the state) you can drive two hours east to see the Pirates, two hours north for the Indians and two hours southwest for the Reds. The market is split. If you are a football fan it's worse. Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Cincy, Cleveland all within 2 hours. But you won't spend much money on these football teams because you have your own version of football in Downtown Columbus. The Ohio State Buckeyes put 109,000 fans in their stadium every Saturday they play in Columbus. Right up through the end of November. Just in time for the Pro Football playoffs and the bowl games. There are just too many teams for any one to thrive. Now they have an NHL team in Columbus too...........and MLS Soccer has been around about ten years.....too.........

John
08-02-2003, 11:25 AM
TOGA KID,

You forgot the wine for us "ITALIANS" heheheh

Suff
08-02-2003, 02:28 PM
Thank you everybody. Very kind words and I appreciatte it.

Its easier than it looks.

I called up there Friday on another matter. The Friend I was talking to told me that "LongFellows" catered a Private party in "that tent" of mine.

I called over to Main office and insured I could use my own caterer and they said OK.

I know a guy that owns a deli up there....its way over on the other side of town. Travers day its probably 2 hours back and forth with traffic.

I said.." feed 20 guys"

He said....I'll send you this, this and that. And charge you $20.00 a man. I said fine. He said "what time you wanna pick it up?"

I said "Pick up"? I want you to deliver.

He said "give me $75.00 to send it all over with 2 guys to set it up."

He's doing me a Favor and going to Home depot and Buying us a couple of plastic barrels for our ICE, Beer and Soda.

I said fine. he whacked my credit card for $475.00 and it was done.

Took about 6 minutes.

I'm charging members $20.00 to get my $400 back...and I'm going down for the $75.00 delivery. No big deal.

I'm enjoying myself. Its not hard work.

This guy treated me right,,,,Because I've done him right on other stuff.

JustRalph
08-02-2003, 05:38 PM
This guy treated me right,,,,Because I've done him right on other stuff.

Suff, You wasted your time as an Air Force Cop........you would have been a great Supply Sergeant.......

andicap
08-02-2003, 06:53 PM
I agree with you overall -- baseball needs to have football's model -- NOW! Salary cap and revenue sharing. There's a reason football is the National Pastime now.

But if its any consolation the NY writers hate the deal. The scouts all think Clousson is the real deal and pitching is hard to come by. People like Boone, but don't love him and figure the Yanks couid just pick up a free agent 3B in the off-season.

Maybe a lot of these prospects will pan out and you'll find yourself like KC and Oakland, with competitive teams.

Originally posted by JustRalph
The Reds are about to get their asses in Hot water. The county commisioners agreed to go with a Tax increase to build the stadiums for the Bengals and the Reds. The public approved it as a tax increase. The contract for both teams to have the stadiums included a clause that the teams had to "do everything in their power to try to field a winning team" The Bengals are already being sued because they have failed so miserably. The decisions being made on managing the team are what is being called into question. One court threw out the Bengals suit because the judge said not enough time had elapsed to make a judgement. The case will possibly come up again at a later time. The Reds have never been looked at as being in the same light. As you can see by the article here

http://reds.enquirer.com/2003/08/01/badreds01.html

That may be about to change.

I don't know how you can say that sending Boone to the Yanks was a step in the right direction? I don't care about firing the GM and the Manager (Boones dad) when you start unloading players to gain back 5 mil after having acccepted 240 million dollars from the Tax payers..........somebody might call your judgement into question. They got rid of their only closer, they dumped Boone's salary and they traded their top hitter (Guillen) and run producer for nothing more than unproven minor league pitching. There are some Reds fans who are going to be wanting their tax money back. This is indicative of what is wrong with Baseball. Small market teams like Cincy ( Cincinnati is the smallest major city in Ohio, half the size of Columbus proper and 60% of Cleveland) that do not have the market to support them. They need to go away or come up with revenue sharing plans similar to the NFL. If you live in Columbus for example (right in the center of the state) you can drive two hours east to see the Pirates, two hours north for the Indians and two hours southwest for the Reds. The market is split. If you are a football fan it's worse. Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Cincy, Cleveland all within 2 hours. But you won't spend much money on these football teams because you have your own version of football in Downtown Columbus. The Ohio State Buckeyes put 109,000 fans in their stadium every Saturday they play in Columbus. Right up through the end of November. Just in time for the Pro Football playoffs and the bowl games. There are just too many teams for any one to thrive. Now they have an NHL team in Columbus too...........and MLS Soccer has been around about ten years.....too.........

Suff
08-03-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by keilan
Nice job you're doing for the guy's, good luck to everyone participating it sounds like a great time. The 1st are always the best.

ENJOY

Just Noticed this. Thanks Kielan. Very nice of you to say.

Suff
08-03-2003, 12:28 PM
Let me lay it out for you....because I got the customary phone calls that I'm Crazy for doing this and even crazier for Picking up the $75.00 delivery charge. Does anyone out here think I'm stupid???? Really,,,,!! Let me lay it out for you.

I have 24 tickets at 20 bucks right. Thats $480. I make 5 bucks. Thats why I did'nt go $25.00 a ticket. If I sell them and I charge $25.00... I will make $120.00. I don't make money off friends for entertainment reasons. In business different story.

Plus.. you have to think of everything from my angle... First day On the job....The crowd see's me marking up my expenses to turn a few pennies. That's not how you treat friends or even friendly aquaintences.

Believe me... I make money. I know how to make money. And it aint earning a $5.00 profit on a Bologna Sandwich.

The Cottages. I was going to eat $700 anyway right? I had to buy my own. I'm out for 2 others at $650 a Piece. Most guys have said they are going to pass the HAT for me. I'd assume I'd get a few hundred bucks there. I think I have at least enough people that if everyone threw a TEN SPOT or 20 spot in...I'd get $300 back. If some guys tossed in more.. I might get $500 back.

That puts me out $700 for the whole Hosting thing. Thank you Dear Lord That I can drop $700.00 with no Pain. I'm grateful I have $700 to be involved with this Thing.

People Keep saying I'm crazy for spending my Money.

When You consider how well I have us set up for $700.00

I'm crazy alright. Crazy Like a Fox.

Suff
08-03-2003, 12:48 PM
another thing.. The seats... Do you know what I really paid for them? Honestly... and I'll prove it to you when you get there.

$3.00 a piece. Thats right. $3.00 as in 1, 2 and 3. 3 dollars .

12 quarters, 30 dimes, 60 nickels. You get the idea.

Do you think I was going down for 24 seats at $18.00 a piece?

Ok.. Close your eye's ....Take a Deep breath and open your eyes.

Your looking at Mike Dudley. I'm a bright young felllow.

and I have 24 more on Monday the 25th at the same price.

If you'd like to come up to me and give me 30 dimes . I suppose I'll take them....But I'm not asking anyone for 60 nickels.

I don't nickel and dime.

Seriously my good readers..... I'm a sharp cat. You may be anxious to meet me to see what I'm all about.

You won't be disappointed.

Suff
08-04-2003, 05:37 PM
I'll back track from those last two posts in a minute.

Other info.

I spoke to Whispering Pines Today. They're normal check in time is Noon. I have a waiver on that for us. Its all dependent on what time they have them ready... But helena told me that if she can get in there at 7:00-8:00 oclock... we could have them at 9-10 am.

I'm callling her Friday night to see actual times. IN the meantime she graciously offered cottage 10 to anyone that may want to Just DROP they're stuff early in the AM . So if you show at 9:00 and its to early....she'll let you toss your stuff in #10 if you want.

If the cottage is ready you can have it.

Towels. There are 5 per cottage and they are only exchanged on Tues and Thurs. So bring a couple of towels. Helena does not like to see her nice white BATH towels down at the Beach.

If your going to do any swimming, Fishing or Boating (they have 3 FREE Boats, Sail and Row types)... Make sure you bring BEACH TOWELS. Please.

You know how women can be. We can whale from the rooftop with out a problem... But let her see 1 bath towel on the beach and she's upset.

I do toss money around pretty good. I have a knack for bringing in Money in various ways.. But I am terrible with money...so I have to back track from My Previous post where I attempted to make myself look smart .... I am smart....and also stupid.

This is what will probably happen ,,Knowing me.

One guys comes up to me and says "Here's your $20.00 for the seat and lunch ,,,and I'll say. Oh forget it,... Play a $10.00 exacta box and put me in for half.

Next guy comes up to me and says Here's your $20.00

I'll say.. Ahh forget it... Buy some Hot Dogs and burgers for the boys at the cottages...

The boys pass the hat... and try to give me that and I'll say,,, ahh forget that,...lets play a PIK6 for $400 and we'll go 20 ways if we hit.

I just cannot take money from people...

I'll lend a friend $200.00...( everybody knows I'm a soft touch.) He'll call me a week later and tell me he's got my $200 and I'll say ....Take your wife and kids up to Canobie lake park for the day with it... I don't need it.

I'm silly/stupid with my money. But I've been this way my entire life and chances it will stop or improve are slim.

But....if the people want to take care of me for the money I laid out I should in all honesty...accept it.

Thats why I am appointing my very own MINISTER of FINANCE.

My Buddy Joe. WinManWin. I offered him the Job...he has'nt accepted it yet.... I'm trying to get IRISHLAD to bring Joe up from NYC with him when he comes. Transportation is the only thing holding Joe up at this point. A ride from NYC (brooklyn) to TOGA on Friday the 22nd. Anyone Coming through NYC that can Grab Joe? In the event IRISH cannot? I'm waiting to hear from IRISH on this.

As my MINISTER of FINANCE. Joe will be collecting the $20.00 seat and LUNCH fee...also,,,he'll accept the HAT PASS for me....and basically be in charge of Looking out for my wallet and not let me get in the way of taking a few bucks from the guys that are able and willing to toss me a few bucks,,,

No one is obligated,,,, I said I was hosting and if the hat comes your way and Your short....pass it on by. I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable or obligated to grease me.

Towel. A beach towel. Don't forget it...

Also....Lounge chairs... Saratoga allows you to bring your own Loung chairs in. So if you want to Bringe a Lounge Chair or Lawn chair....do that. Matter of fact,,,if you have a few LAWN chairs bring them for the guys that are flying in.

Most people....grab ONE picnic table and then they have 6-10 LAWN CHAIRS in a circle around it and they have PICNICS and PARTIES. Any given weekend,,, there might be over a 1000 lawn chairs on the BACK LAWN.

Dave Schwartz
08-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Suff,

I need to get one problem solved... internet connection. I've got to find a way to get files.

One of our members has said he is bringing a cell phone that I can connect my laptop to. HOPEFULLY, that will solve the problem. But I would really like to have another alternaitve in place in case it doesn't.

I' simply hate to wind up at Saratoga for a week with no clue ability to handicap! That would be an early glimspe of hell!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Suff
08-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
Suff,

I' simply hate to wind up at Saratoga for a week with no clue ability to handicap! That would be an early glimspe of hell!

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

This could be worth selling a few Tickets to.......I'll consult with my Minister of Finance. See Dave Schwartz read a Racing Form,,,

Come one come all!!! See the computer freak hold a Magnifying glass and Pencil!!!

Truthfully Dave. I forgot about that.....PLus. This issue is a Very Minor one. Getting you a close convienent and unhurried Dial Tone will be a piece of cake.....

BUT... I have gotten 5-10 e-mails from People that are PA members and also residents of the Capital City Area. They've all expressed a readiness to help us. One of them may reply here or send you a PM with an offer of assistance.

MAXSPA graciously agreed to PICK UP Reid Mclennan for me on the 25th. . Thats a HUGE favor for me...Thanks MAXSPA.

Some nice people up that way....something will come from your post.

Tom
08-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Suff,

I need to get one problem solved... internet connection. I've got to find a way to get files.

One of our members has said he is bringing a cell phone that I can connect my laptop to. HOPEFULLY, that will solve the problem. But I would really like to have another alternaitve in place in case it doesn't.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Dave,
I live only 4 hours from the SPA-feel free to stop over and use my computer to get your files. I'll even print out some DRF races for you. :rolleyes:

Dave Schwartz
08-04-2003, 11:25 PM
Tom,

Do you deliver? <G>

Dave

Tom
08-04-2003, 11:33 PM
Tom,

Do you deliver? <G>

Dave

Do YOU tip?:confused:

Dave Schwartz
08-05-2003, 12:28 AM
Tom,

Most assuredly!

Dave

Suff
08-05-2003, 06:31 AM
was asked if its OK to wear Yankee gear while on the trip.

The answer is NO!. This is a PA/Sufferindowns/RedSOX trip.

Members are required to speak very highly of the RED SOX at all times.

Members are requested to REFRAIN from speaking about the Yankees....and if unavoidable...all Yankee talk should be as negative as possible.

Anyone wearing REDSOX gear will be given a FREE lunch and seat on Travers Day. Yankee Fans will be required to do all the cleanup. If a REDSOX fan wants a beer. The yankee fan will get it for him.

Our tent is RED and WHITE... Those are RED SOX colors.

Pennant fever will be screaming in 3 weeks. Go SOX.

Dave Schwartz
08-05-2003, 09:04 AM
Suff,

So, does this mean that an autographed picture of Bucky Dent as a gift for you would be a bad idea? <G>

And Bill Buckner would probably run a close second? <G>

Okay, okay... no Yankees, no anti-Red Sox.

Dave

andicap
08-05-2003, 11:36 AM
was asked if its OK to wear Yankee gear while on the trip.

The answer is NO!. This is a PA/Sufferindowns/RedSOX trip.

Members are required to speak very highly of the RED SOX at all times.

Members are requested to REFRAIN from speaking about the Yankees....and if unavoidable...all Yankee talk should be as negative as possible.

Anyone wearing REDSOX gear will be given a FREE lunch and seat on Travers Day. Yankee Fans will be required to do all the cleanup. If a REDSOX fan wants a beer. The yankee fan will get it for him.

Our tent is RED and WHITE... Those are RED SOX colors.

Pennant fever will be screaming in 3 weeks. Go SOX.

Cancel my reservation

:D

Suff
08-05-2003, 04:17 PM
internet access & data ports for Laptops. $5.00 for a 1/2 hour. Open 8 am till Midnight , 7 days a week. 15 mins from Lake Luzerne. (whispering pines)

http://www.jitterscafelakegeorge.com/

Suff
08-05-2003, 04:35 PM
The Plan....

We are meeting for the Contimental Breakast at 8:00 AM at The Albany Limited Ramada directly across teh street from Albany airport. . At roughly 8:30 AM we will leave for whsiper pines... casual drive past the track on the way to whispering pines puts us there at 9:30 AM.

A quick unpack and tour and its off to the track around 10:00-10:15 am.

Its 15 minutes maybe 20 from WP to the track. Travers day add another 20 minutes of traffic. Puts us in the track...at the TENT at roughly 11:00 AM.

I'll have with a big Bunch with me,

ANYONE.. else that is Coming travers day can do 1 of 3 things..

Be at the Ramada for breakfast... be at whispering Pines at 10:00 AM...or bet at the FESTIVAL TENT in the clubhouse at 11:00 or later.

Please don't be shy.... If your there...look for us. If we have a ticket Your in.... if we don't have a ticket...your still in. By Noon time I'll have the ticket takers eating out of my hand. We'll be running this tent by Post time. Trust me.

So EVEN IF I have not heard from you,,,and your just lurking in here... stop by. You do not need an invitation from me,,,

All are welcome....we'll save a spot for you.

sam i am
08-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Dave, I live about 1/2 hour from Saratoga If you need a computer to get your files you are more then welcome to use mine. I will be back from vacation on the 21st of August so, any time after that if need be mi casa su casa.

David

Dave Schwartz
08-05-2003, 04:37 PM
David,

Thank you! That is fantastic!

Could you send me an email with all the contact info so that I may get directions, etc.?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Suff
08-05-2003, 04:37 PM
Sam...

I misplaced Your iternary... I'm glad I saw your post...

I have a Ticket here for Travers day for you.... I also put your name on a Ticket for Monday...

Monday we'll have extra;s ...so bring a buddy or your wife on Monday...You'll be all set.... same TENT Same Tables.

drop me an e-mail if you think of it... I deleted your address by accident...

Suff
08-05-2003, 04:49 PM
Sam & Dave...

few guys need it... I found a spot for a 5 spot thats open 16 hours a day.

Dave do you want to be home 9 days of August waiting for the boys to show up at your house a Half hour away?>

What side of the track are you a Half hour From? Its a 50-60 minute drive if your south of the track,,,, Thats Two hours of driving a day to save $5.00.

IMHO... Best, Most convienent and economical is the Internet Cafe.

BillW
08-05-2003, 04:59 PM
Guys,

I should also mention that I've had minimal problems with the cell access. So far I've tested it in Hou., Pitts., and Balt.

Some cell site traffic problems 50 miles south of Pittsburgh where connect timeouts were occuring, but more a nuisance for chronic web access. D'loading a single file was no problem. So things are looking pretty good on that front. Success still depends on Sprint coverage in the SAR area; sounds like adequate backup though.

Bill

Dave Schwartz
08-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Suff,

Internet Cafe works for me!

Dave

Storm Cadet
08-05-2003, 05:27 PM
Dave,

Why don't you go wireless in your laptop...check out the sites in Saratoga that already have "Hot spots" for your wireless and away you go!

C'mon Dave we're in the 21st Century baby...I'm sure if Sufferin can pull it off-he'll even have the DELL computer dude (if the kid is out of drug rehab yet) there at the tent to help you out!;)

Suff
08-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Suff,

Internet Cafe works for me!

Dave

Dave,,, Feet on the ground... I have a plan to get INternet access right at the track,,,

Firday Night you can bring your data with you or....Ramada Probabaly has something.... Sunday,,,,we'll have everybody hooked up.....

Some of the Private Box's have phone Jacks in them.... I'll get you in there in the AM.....Maybe Helena will let you use hers Right at WP...either way,,, This is an easy thing to solve with Feet on the ground....

Sat The 23rd we'll have 25-40 people stopping by... we''ll get it done... easy...

Internet Cafe as a Saftey default as of Today.

Dave Schwartz
08-05-2003, 06:52 PM
Suff,

You are right. We leave late enough on Friday that we should already have the data for Saturday.

Storm,

>>>Why don't you go wireless in your laptop...check out the sites in Saratoga that already have "Hot spots" for your wireless and away you go!<<<

I have not needed a laptop since my Japan trip last year. As such, I don't have oneow. I am borrowing one from a friend's company. Should be cool, actually. It is a tablet PC.

My cell phone does not support the connection. I'd need to upgrade the phone (for $200) as well as break my contract. It just is not worth it.

But this will work fine.

Thanks again, Suff.

Dave

Suff
08-05-2003, 06:59 PM
Ying and Yang... Right

First part of meet has been poor weather and chalk... That gottta mean great weather and Longshots while we're there right?

I can feel this trip closing in....and I am as excited as a 8 year old who thinks he hears Rudolphs hoofs on the roof , X-mas eve.

Storm Cadet
08-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Dave,
Let me know how it goes with the connections up there. I'm going up there later than you (early Sept) and I'm bringing my laptop up to work on stuff at night (download Bris PP),,

Too bad NYRA is running away from the State Attorney General's office with both feet now...it would be great to hook up laptops at Toga with wireless connections...

2nd thought, maybe they wouldn't. People might bet ONLINE through TVG web site instead of NYRA through their laptops...how great would that be, avoid the lines, sit at Sufferin's tent, drink & chow down and never leave the table!!! Will even be able to watch the Yanks scores in live webcast on espn.com...and maybe check the BOSOX for suff!

There you go Suff'... next year, we'll download all the entries & PP we need from each site, print them out and give them to each PA member the night before and give them out at your cabins. Won't have to buy the DRF each day...I'll supply the printer and paper for the gang) ;)

Suff
08-05-2003, 09:36 PM
Directly across the street from the Track....and I don't mean down the street or around the corner......

Walk out the front Gate and cross the street and your at the front door.

Browse the site... Look at some of the Pictures....

Big money is associatted with racing and they called in all thier chips to build this place. Gorgeous Hall of Fame....absolutely beautiful place. I love fiddling around in here in the AM.

http://www.racingmuseum.org/

Tom
08-05-2003, 10:54 PM
I am definately OUT for the 25th-my QS9000 audit is the 25th-26th. Can't change it or miss it, if I want to stay employeed (Hmmm!?)
I hate to drive in on Travers day-hate the crowd, and I may be working all weekend getting ready. I am going to shoot for vacation Wed-Fri that week,so that is probably when I'll show up.
Really was looking forward to meeting PA.
Save me a bowl of the red chowder.

Dave Schwartz
08-05-2003, 11:36 PM
Chowder? Did you say chowder?

If it's any good, that's enough reason to come!

I haven't had good east coast clam chowder in a LONG time.

Dave Schwartz

Shacopate
08-06-2003, 12:34 AM
How do you think my boy, Cornelio is doing so far?

Other than getting days that is.

Suff
08-06-2003, 06:41 AM
I think he's a OK... I really did'nt think he'd light it up... But I was pretty much on target with Bailey.. But per usual....he payus nothing.

Nothing pays nothing so far up there.

I had two guys that were enthusiastic about going and Both Told me they were coming... But when I pressed them for details They were difficult to pin down... but I kept pressing and after a little arm wrestling I found out that they have No car!!! and were trying to figure out how to pull it off with Amtrack or Greyhound from NYC where they both live.

once they came clean on the transportation issue I was able to get them a ride... because i have someone coming from NYC in a car and I put them all together and they are now driving up Friday night.... Issue solved. All they had to do was tell me.

That brings me to my next case... CJ Milkowski... he's got me all twisted up.... I left a message on his answering machine yesterday... that basically said... its shit or get off the pot time.

everybody should know I love CJ.. Great guy....donates alot of time to the board... shares alot of information... scores and runs contest out here... Military man... Family man... his brother is a member here... and he's a very likable and warm spirited person.

I was and am really pleased he is coming... he's one of my favorites out here...and it means alot that he willmake his first visit ever to Saratoga with us. he's been to 50 tracks but never Saratoga,,, and I am looking forward to seeing him enjoy his first visit to the Finest race track in the world IMO.

Remember I set a deadline of July 23rd for all the guys to show me or tell me your HARD I ternary? Well I gave him grace on that because he was being deployed or not being deployed and ceratinly that was more important than my trip.

But,,, for the last two weeks I have been muscling him to cross the finish line and book a flight and a room at the Ramada,,,

I spoke with him 2 weeks ago...and he said he WOULD NOT MISS THIS TRIP for the world...and I beleive him.

But what I tried to get people (him) to undertsand... I could no way put a trip together like this by just taking people's word that they would show. I went and got a 3rd cottage only after 9 people e-mailed me thier ORBITZ or expedia confirmation e-mail..

would anyone spend 2 grand on a bunch of people saying "I'll be there" ?? I doubt it. I was supposed to play cards Sat night and I told the guy 3 times I was coming and then Saturday night I was tired and did'nt go. I'm an old man,,, (43) I go to bed at 8:30 mosty nights. I like to get up between 4 and 5 am.

I left CJ a message yesterday... that basically said...

I am saying No to ,to many people to hold a spot for a guy that has'nt bought thier flight or hotel yet... I need you to cross the finish line and make a finacial commitement to coming...

Its not personal....or maybe it is... I want him to come... alot of people said they were coming and I never got anything from them so I crossed them off the list.... I did'nt do that with CJ becasue.... well... CJ is CJ and he has earned special rights with me..

But those rights are weakening... I need him IN or OUT by this sunday...

I am hoping this post and a few of his friends that see this post will Light a fire under his ass and get him moving....

"CJ.. My internet buddie... my soon to be friend"

I need you in or out by this Sunday....

sam i am
08-06-2003, 09:45 PM
Tom,

If you don't mind me asking what is a qs9000 audit?

David

Tom
08-06-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by sam i am
Tom,

If you don't mind me asking what is a qs9000 audit?

David

It is the Automotive version of ISO9000 - a set of basic requirements you must meet to be a supplier to the automotive industry-in terms of running you business, kind of like a Bank audit. You need to show/prove that you meet rules and have documented records that support you.
It is much like colonostomy without the sedative! :eek:

MarylandPaul@HSH
08-07-2003, 12:00 AM
*shudder*.....can we get back to the petty squabbling?

MP

JustRalph
08-07-2003, 12:01 AM
You forgot to mention that when some companies take bids on jobs etc, you must have the certification to bid etc. It is a worthy item to have on the company resume.

You must also stamp the fact that you have the cert. on every vehicle in your fleet so you can brag about it!

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2003, 02:49 AM
Suff, you're kidding about the Yankee gear, right?? :eek:

Suff
08-07-2003, 05:59 AM
A Saratoga special!
By JOE CARDELLO
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. - Saratoga is a special place. What other racetrack draws masses of people who don't mind sweltering all day in the Adirondack steam bath, or parking in the next county, or paying $3 for a bottle of water and $3.50 for a slice of pizza? These fans love the place with a passion that transcends every inconvenience. They wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
But Saratoga is also special for the handicapper. And that was never more obvious than in last Saturday's fourth race.

At the Siro's seminars - a daily handicapping ritual at the Spa - I heard two of the most sophisticated handicappers in America make the following case for Birdstone, a well-bred 2-year-old colt making his debut for trainer Nick Zito. It was the day of the prestigious Whitney, one of the great races for older colts and geldings. And Marylou Whitney, a member of that famous racing family, was the owner of Birdstone. Wouldn't it be nice, these experts said, if she could win on Whitney Day. Later in the day, Jan Rushton, the in-house NYRA television analyst, pointed out the same angle.

Needless to say, this is not the way most of us approach a particular race. At Belmont and Aqueduct you don't have much need for such logic. No downstate New Yorker would be caught dead making such a seemingly silly argument. But Saratoga is a special place, and this sort of thinking can't be easily dismissed.

Birdstone blew the field away, galloping away by more than 12 lengths, hardly urged at all. He earned a huge Beyer of 99. After the race, trainer Nick Zito said, yes indeed, they had been planning for months to run this horse on Whitney Day. And Mrs. Whitney, and all the players who made the Whitney connection (and a few clockers as well, I'm told), were all very happy with the result. Perhaps in future we could be provided with other such personal information - owners' birthdays, for example, or trainers' anniversaries. That might give us all an additional edge up here at the Spa.

Saratoga is also special for the unusual bargains you can sometimes find. In last Sunday's eighth race, for example, a field of seven raced on the turf in a high-class allowance race. A speed horse named Miss Terrible shipped in from California and was made a 3-5 favorite. She had the clear top Beyer Figure of 103 and the services of Jerry Bailey. But she was extremely suspect for the following reasons:

* Even in the early days of the meeting, speed on the turf seemed to be at a disadvantage. Most races were dominated by closers.

* It had rained heavily the previous two days and this was the first race on the turf since all the moisture had softened up the grass. And Miss Terrible had earned her top Beyer racing on an uncontested lead at Hollywood Park and on rock-hard turf - conditions completely the reverse of what she would be facing at Saratoga.

* She was surrounded by two or possibly even three other speed horses, so her life was likely to get very complicated in the running.

Trainer Todd Pletcher, far and away the leading trainer at the meet, had an Irish-bred closer in this race, a horse named Dancal, coming in from Dubai. With the absurdly top-heavy price on Miss Terrible, this Pletcher runner escaped at odds of 9-1 - a shockingly big price since normally everything Pletcher runs is bet down into dust. When Miss Terrible came to a screaming halt in the stretch, Dancal took over the lead and survived a long stretch battle with another logical closer, Vespers. Dancal paid $21.40. The exacta returned $86.50.

Cycling pattern scores big

Of course, Saratoga is not in a totally different racing universe. Many of the same old handicapping techniques apply here as anywhere else. For me, since I had not followed the Belmont meeting carefully, I had to rely on what was on the paper - mostly the Beyer Figures and a knowledge of trainers, track conditions, and a vision of how each race might be run. And the Beyer Figures, more specifically the Beyer Figures cycling pattern, in which a top effort is expected after a peak-bounce-recovery sequence, had a big day on Aug. 1. Four horses fit the pattern to perfection, or as near as you can come.

* Third race: Impetuous Fling finishes a well-beaten second, but at 16-1.

* Fifth race: Cloak of Vagueness wins and pays $8.10, and with Jerry Bailey up, no easy trick.

* Seventh race: Clever Electrician finishes second at 5-2, but certainly would have won with even a remote semblance of an intelligent ride.

* Ninth race: Scuttlebuttin finishes up the track. She was suspect at the distance of 1 1/8 miles, but at 15-1 you had to take a shot.

The next day I played the role of public handicapper at the Siro's seminar. I wanted to show off the value of the Beyer Figures, so I looked for some other runners with the same pattern as Friday's four plays. All I could come up with was Auto City in the fifth. In a tough race, I thought he could get into the mix at odds of 8-1.

This selection moved up nicely to challenge three wide on the turn, stayed in contention until the top of the stretch, and then gasped his way back through the field.

I missed being a star by one day. Some things remain the same no matter where you're playing.

Suff
08-07-2003, 06:05 AM
Suff, you're kidding about the Yankee gear, right?? :eek:

All depends... what kinda news you have me on that thing we're working on? I'll wear Yankee gear if we get that pulled off...

Lol... a Jeter shirt on the suff? Call an ambulance.....FULL CARDIAC ARREST!!

Yanks lose... Pedro spanks angels....2 1/2... u feel the hoofs behind you?

Bubbles
08-07-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Shacopate
How do you think my boy, Cornelio is doing so far?

Second day of the meet. He's riding a 9-1 shot with an OK chance of upsetting favored Connie's Magic. Well, he comes to the head of the stretch with the lead by a length, with 'Magic to his outside and a horse named Baby Shaq toward the inside.

At the eighth pole, Velasquez bears in incredibly, causing 'Shaq to pull up momentarily. The 9-1 shot wins by less than a length, but is taken down to third due to the interference.

This is the kind of mistake you expect from rookies, not guys that come off of winning the CD riding title.

Suff
08-09-2003, 02:52 PM
shirts

Navy Blue... with Pace logo and the words

"Pace Advantage 2003 Saratoga Getaway"

Xl and XXL 100% cotton.

$6.00 a piece.

I'm seeing my man on these this week.... anyone want two? 3?..4?

you don't have to be going.. I'll mail them to you...

Let me know..

I'm ordering 1 for everyone....if you want more...$6.00 a piece.

Polo collar'd shirts.....same color and design $14.00.....

I need a few guys to want these before I order them....as I have to order 25 minimum.

No interest and I'll scrap it...

Drop me an e-mail, phone call, PM......

Suff
08-09-2003, 03:03 PM
we're going to be recognized on TVG... something simple...
Like a shout out....from the talking heads...

i have no idea what they'll say or what day or race...

They are sort of asking me what I want and when...

anyone help me out here... You got a Particular day or race or words that you'd like ??? I'm drawing a blank and I was asked again today,,,, Its something small but nice that someone is offering to do for us...

someone give me an idea,,,,and whomever come forward first is what I will send them....

Since I started this thread... I have recieved so many offers...

offers of Free software....

I got an offer from an owner to Saddle his horse with him

I got and accepted an offer to have Breakfast on the backside Sunday Morning with a Jockey agent and Trainer.

Got some nice e-mails for my efforts here.... this trip Turned out to be a real great idea for me... I've met some interesting people on the internet that want to do a few nice things for me this year.

Suff
08-09-2003, 03:12 PM
The reason I have'nt heard from CJ is something came up in his Family and he's Tied up in Baltimore right now... I spoke with his son this afternoon. He's coming home Tommorrow,

This explains it... I don't want to share his private life so I'll refrain from an explanation.....

But I would assume that he is still in...and I'll grant him as Much time as he needs....

He said he would'nt miss it for the world and I have made the decision to accept his word as bond. So I'll continue to hold his spot right up until the 21st of August.

I'm glad he's ok and very glad there is an explanation for his lack of Communication.....and I look forward to seeing him the 22nd at the Ramada.

I'm really Glad... I was disappointed when I thought he was backing out....

Mike

Suff
08-09-2003, 03:29 PM
Maxspa... Not you, you are doing enough for me

But someone else... I need someone to Meet the Caterers at the track at 9:30 ish...10:00 am on Travers day....

I have a Letter from NYRA....authorizing my use of my own caterer that I will e-mail you,,,(I scanned it).

I will send you the Caterers name and telephone number and the letter so you can do me this Favor.

I did'nt want our Food on the same tables as every one elses... so I bought (rented) two special 8 foot long tables just for our food and beer and soda.

I was going to ask Cumberlandblues if he could do it for us.. and Cumberland if you see this can you get with me? or anyone else that I know from the board.

This is what I want... I want someone to call the caterer on Saturday Morning and find out exactly what time they are arriving...and what GATE they are using...

I want you to meet them at the gate and walk them to the FESTIVAL tent and show them our tables....and MAKE SURE the two extra tables I ordered are there..and make sure they set everything up nice...

I already took care of the tip....do not TIP them..

Can anyone do this for me (us)

Here's the letter That explains what I did....In case anyone gives you a problem.

You can even meet me at the Ramada inn early Saturday moring and I'll give you a 1/2 dozen tickets in case people from PA are at the track already...

I will not be there until 11 at the earliest and probably closer to noon.

This is a HUGE help if someone can take care of this.

Suff
08-09-2003, 03:31 PM
attach?

Dave Schwartz
08-09-2003, 06:36 PM
Just 13 days

PurplePower
08-10-2003, 04:06 AM
shirts - Navy Blue... with Pace logo and the words
"Pace Advantage 2003 Saratoga Getaway"
Xl and XXL 100% cotton.
$6.00 a piece.
I'm seeing my man on these this week.... anyone want two? 3?..4?
you don't have to be going.. I'll mail them to you...
Let me know..
I'm ordering 1 for everyone....if you want more...$6.00 a piece.
Polo collar'd shirts.....same color and design $14.00.....
I need a few guys to want these before I order them....as I have to order 25 minimum.
No interest and I'll scrap it...
No Purple? If they were purple I'd take half a dozen t's and three polos. Navy Blue - two extra t's and a polo. Extra Large please.

Just finished reading this entire thread. I am excited about being there - first time since 1987 - second time ever. Will there be a VCR? I have a couple of good post parade tapes I could show. Maybe I can figure out how to make a digital file and burn them on a CD or DvD. But now, I've got a Quarter Horse tipsheet to write and LaD and Retama to handicap before breakfast.

Suff
08-10-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by PurplePower
No Purple? If they were purple I'd take half a dozen t's and three polos. Navy Blue - two extra t's and a polo. Extra Large please.

Just finished reading this entire thread. I am excited about being there - first time since 1987 - second time ever. Will there be a VCR? I have a couple of good post parade tapes I could show. .

Purple huh? Let me work on that....Special requests are my specialty. The're giving me everything at Cost....so I told them they could take a week and half making them up... That means I have to put the order in tommorrow or Tuesday... I'm stopping by there tommmorrow.. .. If they have purple....you'll have purple. Nothing against purple.. But I'll sell it to them like this...

"Let me take them purples off your hands for $4.00 and $10.00" Who buys purple!@!! lol

I have a Zenith 25 inch TV and a VCR I will bring. TV I was bringing ....VCR is just sitting there doing nothing anyway, as I use my DVD player now. I'll bring that. It's a cheapo $60.00 one....I'll throw it in the trunk.

JustRalph
08-10-2003, 01:55 PM
Will there be a VCR? I have a couple of good post parade tapes I could show. Maybe I can figure out how to make a digital file and burn them on a CD or DvD.

Come on Suff! Make sure somebody Tapes this mini Class......

I would love to see it

Suff
08-10-2003, 02:21 PM
Did'nt someone say they were bringing thier Video Camera? or Digital Camera or something or other?

Are you sure you want to see me snoring on top of the DRF?

I'm planning on Doing very well.... Perhaps we should mount a permanent Camera on the IRS window if you want frequent shots of the back of my head!!

LMAO... feeling good today!!!

Suff
08-10-2003, 06:14 PM
Siro's Handicapping shows. here are the guests the week we are there.

Sat. Aug. 23 Steve Crist, Mike Watchmaker, Andy Serling
Sun. Aug. 24 Dave Grening, Noel Michaels, Brian Pochman
Wed. Aug. 27 Bill Taylor, Andy Serling
Thu. Aug. 28 Dave Grening, Jonathan Hardone
Fri. Aug. 29 Dave Litfin, Andy Serling
Sat. Aug. 30 Steve Davidowitz, Joe Cardello, Andy Serling
Sun. Aug. 31 Dave Grening, Joe Cardello, Brian Pochman

Trijack
08-10-2003, 06:24 PM
Suff

That was me I am bringing both my video and digital camera. Ready to record all your trips to collect your money.

Suff
08-10-2003, 06:37 PM
Lol... gotta have a winning attitude....I have it...

side note...

Saturdays attendence... 31,000..

Travers day... figure on 50,, maybe 60 + thousand.

Word on the street is that anything within a 1/2 hour of the track is sold out... and the fringe hotels are up to $125.00 a night Travers weekend.

I'm putting together my List...

Sufferindowns
WinManwin & friend
Irishlad stable
Joe Prunes and wife
Jotb and Wife
PA
Dave schwartz
Rocajack
Charlie
Maxspa
Ken Klien
Andicap
Bill Weaver
Jack Kincer
CJ
Joe G

There are a couple of others...I forget.. Bubbles? Your there with us right? Storm Cadet? Your in Correct?

I know there is one more...I just can't remember

Also.. we now have two additional guests with us for a couple of nights at whispering pines.

Cumberland blues and one who wish's to remain anonymous at this point...he's a real good one though!

Tues and Wed Night they are coming and we Have Reid coming in Monday afternoon... so we are really cooking now.

If I forgot you or you wanna squeeze in,,

mdudley.boston@comcast.net

Suff
08-10-2003, 06:46 PM
Travers Trivia..

1. Who is the only Triple crown winner to ever win the Travers Stake?

2. Man-O-War Travers Record stood for 42 years...

That record included beating the ONLY horse he ever lost to?

What horse was that?

3. Who was the First Filly to win the Travers... This is an oldie.

It happened 107 years ago.....

4. The Highest paying Travers winners was 100-1. (won by 8) They have a Graded race at Saratoga named in his Honor. They ran it already.... Who is it?

Suff
08-10-2003, 07:23 PM
Jiminey Christmas...

I have like 50 requests for shirts pouring in!!!

I can't believe it...

I got to hire a truck if this keeps up...

I was waffling on going by tommorrow...Now its the most important thing I gotta do...

Geez... got some shirt fans out here huh....

WINMANWIN
08-10-2003, 07:25 PM
Travers Trivia..

4. The Highest paying Travers winners was 100-1. (won by 8) They have a Graded race at Saratoga named in his Honor. They ran it already.... Who is it?

Maybe I can get this 1.....lol...... Was it JIM DANDY ?

Suff
08-10-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by WINMANWIN
Maybe I can get this 1.....lol...... Was it JIM DANDY ?

Yup...(1930) Paid $210.00 and my Grandfather had him. Runs in the Family. LOL

Pace Cap'n
08-10-2003, 08:21 PM
With an order like that, perhaps you could get the shirt company to handle the shipping. You've done more than enough already.

PurplePower
08-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Travers Trivia..

1. Who is the only Triple crown winner to ever win the Travers Stake?
My girlfriend says it was Whirlaway.

2. Man-O-War Travers Record stood for 42 years...

That record included beating the ONLY horse he ever lost to?

What horse was that?
I love the story about how an unexpected sporting result became known as an UPSET.

3. Who was the First Filly to win the Travers... This is an oldie.

It happened 107 years ago.....
Contrary to popular opinion, I was NOT there.

Will we have to sign a "no selling shirts on eBay" agreement?:D

Suff
08-11-2003, 05:54 PM

My girlfriend says it was Whirlaway.
[/b]
I love the story about how an unexpected sporting result became known as an UPSET. [/b]
Contrary to popular opinion, I was NOT there.

Will we have to sign a "no selling shirts on eBay" agreement?:D [/B]

Correct on whirlaway and Upset,,,, Yup,, UPSET beat Man-o-War

And to this Day in all sports.... when David beats Goliath its called an "UPSET"!!! It came from that race...little known fact...

The other one is a good one becaus eyou can play with people...

Who was the first Filly to win the Travers??

Can also be said "who is the only "MAIDEN" to win the travers..

They are both the same,,,

The First filly to win the travers was Named MAIDEN!!!

A maiden won a grade 1......in 1896

Suff
08-11-2003, 06:27 PM
I got the shirts,,,or better yet,, I ordered and paid for them...

I got 30 xl's Navy Blues...$6.00 a piece

10 xxl navy blues......$7.00 a piece

5 xxl's Purple............$7.00 a piece

10 Golf shirts Navy Blue $12.00 a piece

2 Golf shirts Purple xxl....$13.00

xxl's are a $1.00 more.

All say the same thing in a circle on the left side...

Pace Advantage (semi-circle over Race horse logo)

"Saratoga Getaway 2003"

I will get some more after I get back,,, These are for the atttendees.. although unless people buy Multiple shirts from me...I should have a few left...

When I get back... I will set up a Paypal account or we can use PA's and anyone that wants one will get one (or more)

PaceAdvantage
08-11-2003, 08:35 PM
No paypal account here....

Suff
08-11-2003, 08:44 PM
No paypal account here....

ok.... we'll figure it out.

easy issue.

You know how I work with T-shirts......

cj
08-11-2003, 09:24 PM
The reason I have'nt heard from CJ is something came up in his Family and he's Tied up in Baltimore right now... I spoke with his son this afternoon. He's coming home Tommorrow,

Mike

Spoke with Mike on the phone today...great guy!

I had a death in the family and was in Baltimore for a week or so. Because of that I had to rearrange my schedule to meet some Air Force responsibilities I have, and thus I have to change plans.

Just wanted anyone interested to know I will still be going to Saratoga, but had to change my plans until the second weekend. I know the crowd won't be as large, but its the best I can do. I know suff has some openings that last weekend, so if anyone is interested, get with him in private and come on up. Looking forward to meeting all who are there, especially you WINMANWIN... :), and of course suff the legend!

WINMANWIN
08-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Sorry to Read about your Loss C.J. I am looking forward to meeting you as Well, and the other FINE Gentlemen and Cappers.

John
08-11-2003, 11:15 PM
Craig,

sorry for your troubles. looking forward to meeting you.

Dave Schwartz
08-11-2003, 11:29 PM
Craig,

Yes, Sorry to hear that your loved one has passed.

And hope to see you in Saratoga.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Tom
08-12-2003, 12:16 AM
Sorry for your loss.
I hope to get to the SPA Thursday or Friday before labor day-had to change my dates due to work commitments (anyone who works should be commiteted!).
Looking forward to meeting some of you guys. I have a copy a Brain Waves I want Dave S to autograph for me!
(Then, we scan his signature into a file, contact several banks,......):rolleyes:

PurplePower
08-12-2003, 02:03 AM
I got the shirts,,,or better yet,, I ordered and paid for them...
5 xxl's Purple............$7.00 a piece
2 Golf shirts Purple xxl....$13.00
All say the same thing in a circle on the left side...

Pace Advantage (semi-circle over Race horse logo)

"Saratoga Getaway 2003"

I will get some more after I get back,,, These are for the atttendees.. although unless people buy Multiple shirts from me...I should have a few left...

When I get back... I will set up a Paypal account or we can use PA's and anyone that wants one will get one (or more) The Purple Shirts are covered. I have a PayPal account and can transfer the funds as soon as you get an account set up. Doesn't take five minutes to get one set up if you decide to do that.
Did I remember somone saying something about a Poker night on Tuesday. (Just wondering if I need to bring my black Texas Hold Em vest.)

PurplePower
08-12-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
......Just wanted anyone interested to know I will still be going to Saratoga, but had to change my plans until the second weekend. ....... I'm glad you were able to work things out so you could take care of family responsibilites and still be able to make second weekend. I'll be leaving on Thursday morning so will miss you this trip. I hope we have another chance to meet -- maybe on my next trip to Okla City.
R Mac

Suff
08-12-2003, 06:28 AM
The Purple Shirts are covered. I have a PayPal account and can transfer the funds as soon as you get an account set up. Doesn't take five minutes to get one set up if you decide to do that.
Did I remember somone saying something about a Poker night on Tuesday. (Just wondering if I need to bring my black Texas Hold Em vest.)

Pay pal was suggested for people NOT going that wanted a shirt..

I'll see you in two weeks... we'll settle up then.

If we get a very rainy day or night....we quite likley will get a card game going...