PDA

View Full Version : Preakness Stakes Picks

Stevie Belmont
05-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Looks like a predictable race on paper.

I only like a few at this point, I would expect Lookin at Lucky to run well and give Super Saver a run.

Looks like there are some easy tosses for the top spot anyway.

Take a closer look after the posts are selected

Looks like there is a Preakness thread--can delete if you want...

LemonSoupKid
05-10-2010, 10:30 PM
You are a good man, Stevie, with a fine track record.

I got you on the Derby this year though.

This race should be fun and I don't see why 13 starters shouldn't produce decent payouts.

Let's just up the ante a bit and get paid that much more!

Who do you have third right now? Do you plan on playing every exotic?

LemonSoupKid

SoCalCircuit
05-10-2010, 11:07 PM
I think Dublin could definitely fill out the lowerhalf of the exotics, being a better distance for him plus less chance for traffic issues plus the rider upgrade

cj
05-10-2010, 11:43 PM
I think Dublin could definitely fill out the lowerhalf of the exotics, being a better distance for him plus less chance for traffic issues plus the rider upgrade

Dublin has some issues. He is as likely to be eased as he is to hit the board in my opinion. We'll see I guess.

salty
05-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Paddy :cool:

PhantomOnTour
05-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Super Saver is the dominant pace horse in this race. His overall 6f pace figs bury almost everyone in this field. I think he wins by open lengths with perhaps a non Derby horse getting 2nd...Pleasant Prince??

WinterTriangle
05-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Dublin has some issues.

I don't understand the TC thing for him, CJ. IMHO, this horse could be making TONS of money running stakes races at a distance that suits him. Instead, it costs money to enter all these races, and I never thought for a moment he would *win* the KY Derby. Since these races take their toll, I don't imagine he'll be running many stakes races this year after this...the TC trail seems to do in a lot of horses.

If I had him I'd let him make gobs of money for me at distances he's better at, which is not 9F-10F. :confused: Right now he's only about 55% ITM on this road to the roses thing, less than many of these, it makes him look less than the horse I think he really is. He's a real looker in the paddocks, nice big strappin horse, figures aren't too bad either. But his sire and damsire average winning distance was barely 8F. I like him a lot, just would have put him in a different direction.

cj's dad
05-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Pleasant Prince. Fresh, ready and should relish the extra 1/16 of a mile.

theveep
05-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Before posts are decided I like:

Super Saver and Jackson Bend.

I will use Pleasant Prince and Dublin on the bottom of exotics. Lets see if I change my mind after posts are released.

Lou

Stevie Belmont
05-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Were talkin D. Wayne Lukas here. Triple Crown races or bust. I would not be shocked if he runs in the Belmont Stakes as well. I don't know what to make of him in the Preakness. I think he is probably better under a mile.

I don't understand the TC thing for him, CJ. IMHO, this horse could be making TONS of money running stakes races at a distance that suits him. Instead, it costs money to enter all these races, and I never thought for a moment he would *win* the KY Derby. Since these races take their toll, I don't imagine he'll be running many stakes races this year after this...the TC trail seems to do in a lot of horses.

If I had him I'd let him make gobs of money for me at distances he's better at, which is not 9F-10F. :confused: Right now he's only about 55% ITM on this road to the roses thing, less than many of these, it makes him look less than the horse I think he really is. He's a real looker in the paddocks, nice big strappin horse, figures aren't too bad either. But his sire and damsire average winning distance was barely 8F. I like him a lot, just would have put him in a different direction.

GaryG
05-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Tosses: Dublin, Caracortado, Northern Giant, Hurricane Ike, Pleasant Prince.

Assuming a good draw I am taking a shot with FIRST DUDE. Liked his race in the Fla Derby very much and he did not run that badly on poly in the Blue Grass. Comes in fresh to face a vulnerable favorite. The odds should be long.

Lon Chaney
05-11-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm going to try to hit with SCHOOLYARD DREAMS for WPS.

My friend works for Fein and the connections came through last year with Macho Man. I don't think this horse is as good as MM, and another jockey change (7th in 7 races) is a deterent, but I'm gonna try to beat the favorites.

theveep
05-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Any word if Mission Impazzible could be the last entry in this race?

Lou

GaryG
05-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Any word if Mission Impazzible could be the last entry in this race?

LouHe is out.

SoCalCircuit
05-11-2010, 04:00 PM
anyone think Ike can wire the field like in the derby trial?

picojim
05-11-2010, 05:46 PM

he didnt go wire to wire...he sat off of Eightyfiveinafifty

SoCalCircuit
05-11-2010, 06:42 PM
he didnt go wire to wire...he sat off of Eightyfiveinafifty

You're right my mistake I just rewatched the race this morning i dont know how i forgot that. Anyway does anyone like his chances?

WinterTriangle
05-11-2010, 06:59 PM

That race was 1 mile.

He came in 11th at 1-1/16, and 2nd at 7F.

You must like him a lot if you think he can wire this field at 9.5F ;)

Never one to discourage longshots. Just depends on how long.:)