PDA

View Full Version : Anyone winning with ray talbouts software

rebrick99
05-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Is anyone winning with this software? If so i need some pointers on the best way to use it.

Trotman
05-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Play it straight, in other words don't look for something not there. If you really want to know what Taulbot was teaching
it was that. If winning bolds you up as most times it does then you fail,action is the ruin of all. As in Beyer figs the same goes for Taulbot in pace,it's how you break it down.

rebrick99
05-10-2010, 08:50 PM
What settings do you use? Do you use default or what

ranchwest
05-11-2010, 01:28 AM
Pardon me for not knowing, but what software is this you're talking about?

Speed Figure
05-11-2010, 01:43 AM
Must be the pace computer.

Richard
05-11-2010, 06:45 AM
Personally,I still use that old-fashioned Pace Calculator along with the angle percentage points.Don't keep AMER-VAR profiles instead only use DRF speed number with variant.Also use Taulbot's advice on betting on nothing going at less than 3-1.Suggest you also procure a copy of THOROUGHBRED RACING:PLAING FOR PROFIT by Ray Taulbot(should be relatively easy on the used book market).As far as picking pacelines,I always use the most recent if I've determined that line is a no-excuse race.And while by no means is the RTPC any kind of a Holy Grail to racetrack profits,it can and does motivate a person to think more about both the immediate race your handicapping as well as the game overall.

atlasaxis
05-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Is anyone winning with this software? If so i need some pointers on the best way to use it.

Rebrick,

I've been using the software for over 6 years now. Simplicity has been the key for me. I think we all can and often do get carried away with endless adjustments and just create more confusion. The strength for me is the simple raw rating. So it's important to make sure as many entrants as possible get a number. The biggest improvement for me has been to open up the dates and the lines blocked. That adjustment alone allows the greatest number of entrants to have that raw rating, which allows for the most tracks & distances to be used. Beware of a race where the 1st or 2nd fav ends up at the bottom of the raw rating column with no number.

Maiden races w/first time starters are notorious for entrants with no raw ratings. For maidens, I will look to the AP points column. As long as the 1st and 2nd fav have numbers (if not I skip the race), I will look to the top 4 AP points. I have nailed some SWEET exactas in those top 4. I've also used the AP points column for turf races. With more turf races being run now, just keep an eye on the top 4 numbers and see how they fare. You won't hit them all but man, some of the numbers have been insane.

If I know that the track is going to be off that day I will uncheck the appropriate track conditions.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
AA