PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Craigslist Ad

Ejmenz
05-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Double your money back guarantee?

Does Mr B offer a guarantee. (insert joke here)

They have guts to make that offer, I'm going to miss them.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/for/1733801811.html

SansuiSC
05-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Flag it for spam. We don't need more people driving away new blood to the game.

onefast99
05-10-2010, 05:15 PM
I wonder if that is the group that gives out 6 different horses to 6 different clients in the same race?

kenwoodall2
05-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Here is what I see as positive about the ad:
1 horse per race; double your money back; location Hollywood means a short meet and not all year; Brings PR to racing.
Negative: No cheering bet wiiner and no winner's circle horse pix.

Pace Cap'n
05-10-2010, 08:42 PM
What that said was you get $40 if their selections don't return a profit in either the win pool, place pool, or show pool.

They have three chances to get it right. For them.

Ejmenz
05-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Does that change the odds for them, if there are any math guys out there, is this even possible?

kenwoodall2
05-10-2010, 10:42 PM
"our selections will show a profit for the day , or we'll give you double your money back. Simple as that.

You'll receive at least 5 selections for USA/Canada Thoroughbred races,

We select only ONE horse per race.

If our selections have not shown a profit in ****either**** the Win, Place or Show pools, we've failed for the day, and we will happily return Double your payment for the day"

True or not, that means that their 5+ horses will at least come in to show.

Pace Cap'n
05-10-2010, 11:00 PM
"our selections will show a profit for the day , or we'll give you double your money back. Simple as that.

You'll receive at least 5 selections for USA/Canada Thoroughbred races,

We select only ONE horse per race.

If our selections have not shown a profit in ****either**** the Win, Place or Show pools, we've failed for the day, and we will happily return Double your payment for the day"

True or not, that means that their 5+ horses will at least come in to show.

No, that means that they intend to turn a profit in one of those pools, regardless of the number of their picks that hits the board, and thereby keep your money.

Ejmenz
05-10-2010, 11:31 PM
If someone said, "I can make a profit betting shows" I'm not buying it. Same thing for w or p, I'm not sure they're tilting the odds at all, I'm guessing they might think they are.

kenwoodall2
05-11-2010, 02:04 AM
No, that means that they intend to turn a profit in one of those pools, regardless of the number of their picks that hits the board, and thereby keep your money.
Your microscopic analysis soumds better than mine; But the fact that we have to study the 'guarantee' this close means it has to be BS!

Igeteven
05-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Double your money back guarantee?

Does Mr B offer a guarantee. (insert joke here)

They have guts to make that offer, I'm going to miss them.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/for/1733801811.html

:lol: :jump: :jump: :jump: :eek: :mad: