PDA

View Full Version : benefits form eating fruit

lamboguy
05-09-2010, 11:25 AM
first of all the time to eat your fruit is before you have a meal, at least an hour before. if you eat a couple of slices of bread and then eat the fruit it will block the fruit from going from the somach to your intestines, the fruit would ferment and turn to acid which doesn't do anything for your body. there are enough good things in fruit to justify eating it in the proper way and the proper way is on an empty stomach.

johnhannibalsmith
05-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Are Cinnamon-Sugar Pop-Tarts considered fruit?

Tape Reader
05-09-2010, 12:08 PM
first of all the time to eat your fruit is before you have a meal, at least an hour before. if you eat a couple of slices of bread and then eat the fruit it will block the fruit from going from the somach to your intestines, the fruit would ferment and turn to acid which doesn't do anything for your body. there are enough good things in fruit to justify eating it in the proper way and the proper way is on an empty stomach.

Great!
I just finished raisin bread French toast topped with maple syrup, and then ate a bowl of fresh strawberries.

jognlope
05-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Tomatoes, if I eat them, the day next my fingers are less arthritic and it feels like I can type twice a fast.

johnhannibalsmith
05-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Great!
I just finished raisin bread French toast topped with maple syrup, and then ate a bowl of fresh strawberries

If you hurry up and vomit the contents of your stomach, there's still time to eat healthy.

boxcar
05-09-2010, 12:32 PM
If you hurry up and vomit the contents of your stomach, there's still time to eat healthy.

That's gross, John. :eek: :eek:

Boxcar

46zilzal
05-09-2010, 01:16 PM
ROUGHAGE

jballscalls
05-09-2010, 01:26 PM

thanks, i get some acid reflux from time to time, this could certainly be one reason why

RaceBookJoe
05-09-2010, 02:13 PM
thanks, i get some acid reflux from time to time, this could certainly be one reason why

Easiest and quickest way to get acid reflux relief is to take 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar...best one is Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with "the mother" .....still not sure what the mother is though. works in at most 3 seconds. rbj

46zilzal
05-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Acid reflux is a mechanical problem of the sphincter at the junction between the esophagus and stomach.

http://acid-reflux-relief.blogspot.com/2007/07/causes-of-acid-reflux.html

boxcar
05-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Acid reflux is a mechanical problem of the sphincter at the junction between the esophagus and stomach.

http://acid-reflux-relief.blogspot.com/2007/07/causes-of-acid-reflux.html

So, what kind of mechanic should we be seeking to fix this? Auto? Diesel? Airplane? Lawn equipment? What?

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
05-09-2010, 02:46 PM
So, what kind of mechanic should we be seeking to fix this? Auto? Diesel? Airplane? Lawn equipment? What?

Boxcar

Dr. Prilosec.

I've suffered for years and never would have believed that I could feel considerably better with an OTC treatment, but this stuff works pretty darn well. I get it so badly that that my upper back feels like it's being crushed and that Prilosec seems to make a significant difference.

jognlope
05-09-2010, 02:47 PM
A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with whatever you're drinking with your meal does work. But since taking Zantac, I even split the pill in half I have no reflux at all and I sleep better. Tums I think preventing me from getting certain vitamins.

lamboguy
05-09-2010, 02:48 PM
thanks, i get some acid reflux from time to time, this could certainly be one reason whythat is very possible, but acid reflux is more likely to occur if you eat bread and rolls and stuff like that including pasta with tomato sauce

JustRalph
05-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Dr. Prilosec.

I've suffered for years and never would have believed that I could feel considerably better with an OTC treatment, but this stuff works pretty darn well. I get it so badly that that my upper back feels like it's being crushed and that Prilosec seems to make a significant difference.

Prevacid is now OTC and twice as effective

Or you can take half as much. That's what my doc tells me. I take it with great results

Just a tip!

DJofSD
05-09-2010, 02:55 PM
A perfect summer time lunch: fresh bread, fresh fruit and a bottle of wine married with an appropriate cheese. Member of the opposite sex, optional.

ElKabong
05-09-2010, 05:00 PM

:) :lol:

Tom
05-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Hot peppers.
Plow through anything. :eek:

johnhannibalsmith
05-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Prevacid is now OTC and twice as effective

Or you can take half as much. That's what my doc tells me. I take it with great results

Just a tip!

Ralph - I meant to hit the reply button yesterday to say thanks for the heads up - I'll give it a look - I usually take two Prilosec a day so if the efficacy is comparable and the price is better, it's sure worth trying... thanks!

skate
05-10-2010, 07:04 PM

Excellent... yes sir.

Most people that use a Medicine such as Mylanta etc. have stomach digestive problems caused by "not eating" properly.

YES sir, fruit is already in a digestive form, when ripe.

Most energy is used to digest food. Eat proper and you lessen the energy needed. And hence, you'll save on the Meds.

skate
05-10-2010, 07:05 PM

xactly.

skate
05-10-2010, 07:13 PM
I'll come up with the name, maybe...

But, a couple from Calif. (Docs ?) wrote a bit on this topic, can't remember the name. might be that it cures the stomach, but removes the brain:confused: ..

HEY HEY hey now, serious, It is all depending on how you eat, that's to say "what and when you mix while eating".
The more correctly you eat, the less problem you'll have and you can toss the pills babe.

johnhannibalsmith
05-10-2010, 07:21 PM
HEY HEY hey now, serious, It is all depending on how you eat, that's to say "what and when you mix while eating".
The more correctly you eat, the less problem you'll have and you can toss the pills babe.

Tony Hawk -

Please help me and point out the error in my ways that may lead to my ISSUES (catchall phrase that is meaningless)...

When I have a day off and can eat to my heart's content, each day goes a little like this:

5 cups coffee, with two CinnamonSugar Pop Tarts.

4 cans Mountain Dew, three to five handfuls Cheddar Cheese Goldfish.

1 glass orange juice

4 more cans Mountain Dew, (either) Tony's frozen pizza square (or) Mrs. Stouffer's Spaghetti AND Meatballs.

Oh yeah, 10,000 mgs acetaminophen spread evenly throughout the day.

Occasionally I get tired of pizza and spaghetti and have tater tots with chicken o'nuggets.

On the other six days when I actually have to work a few months a year, subtract the Pop Tarts and Cheddar Cheese Goldfish... no time for tasty treats...

Can you offer any advice on where I may be going wrong? I have only been eating this way every day for roughly two decades...

Confusedly yours,

xxxxxxxxxxxx

chickenhead
05-10-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm not a doctor (not in good standing, anyway), but the first thing that jumped out to me is the lack of meat on a stick in your diet. I'd incorporate some corn dogs into the mix and see if that helps. Just a few per day, some people end up eating too much mustard with them and mustard is one of those things you want to take in moderation.

RaceBookJoe
05-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Tony Hawk -

Please help me and point out the error in my ways that may lead to my ISSUES (catchall phrase that is meaningless)...

When I have a day off and can eat to my heart's content, each day goes a little like this:

5 cups coffee, with two CinnamonSugar Pop Tarts.

4 cans Mountain Dew, three to five handfuls Cheddar Cheese Goldfish.

1 glass orange juice

4 more cans Mountain Dew, (either) Tony's frozen pizza square (or) Mrs. Stouffer's Spaghetti AND Meatballs.

Oh yeah, 10,000 mgs acetaminophen spread evenly throughout the day.

Occasionally I get tired of pizza and spaghetti and have tater tots with chicken o'nuggets.

On the other six days when I actually have to work a few months a year, subtract the Pop Tarts and Cheddar Cheese Goldfish... no time for tasty treats...

Can you offer any advice on where I may be going wrong? I have only been eating this way every day for roughly two decades...

Confusedly yours,

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dont forget the BLT - Bologna, Lard, and Tuna.....then you will the 4 food groups of the American Diet...Fat, Oil, Grease and Cholesterol...with an added shot of mercury. :) rbj

skate
05-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Tony Hawk -

Confusedly yours,:kiss:

xxxxxxxxxxxx

No, but it's nice of you to ask.

How old? 30:eek:

johnhannibalsmith
05-11-2010, 07:28 PM
No, but it's nice of you to ask.

How old? 30:eek:

I was 30 once... it seems like not that long ago, but the ladies and the cigarette vendors seem to believe otherwise... I lost track about eleven years ago when everyone else did... I think I'm 281 in sparrow years.

skate
05-12-2010, 04:25 PM
I was 30 once... it seems like not that long ago, but the ladies and the cigarette vendors seem to believe otherwise... I lost track about eleven years ago when everyone else did... I think I'm 281 in sparrow years.

OK ok ok , didnt mean to be personifiable.

After checking the above post, no mention of what you can /can not eat... so, the menu is yours...worms, grubs...fine.