Come and get it

Signed,

Rail Trip

only11
05-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Come and get it

Signed,

Rail Trip
Not soo fast..like others would say "did you see the field he beat"..
they may have just finish crossing the wire right about now..

joanied
05-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Not soo fast..like others would say "did you see the field he beat"..
they may have just finish crossing the wire right about now..

:lol:

Show Me the Wire
05-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Exciting performance off a 7 month layoff. It is satisfying to see a trainer get a horse fit for its first race of a long layoff.

Audioslavery
05-09-2010, 05:28 AM
That was damn impressive after that layoff, hopefully he keeps it up through Golf Cup and makes it to the Classic.

gm10
05-09-2010, 06:12 AM
Richard's Kid and Einstein had no trouble with Rail Trip.
Zenyatta had no trouble with Richard's Kid and Einstein.

A bit of a non-starter imo.

Spalding No!
05-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Richard's Kid and Einstein had no trouble with Rail Trip.
Zenyatta had no trouble with Richard's Kid and Einstein.

A bit of a non-starter imo.

That was at Del Mar.

How did Zenyatta do at Del Mar?

Now imagine Zenyatta in last year's merry-go-round Hollywood Gold Cup where popular Zenyatta barometer Life Is Sweet barely got within 8 lengths of Rail Trip as he hit the wire.

bisket
05-09-2010, 10:20 AM
oh so rail trip is the one thats gonna bring zen down now.. so i guess the white flag is up concerning rachel and zardana... i guess throwing all these obstacles in zens way is easier than sayin," maybe i'm wrong about this horse"

Java Gold@TFT
05-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Where's Lava Man when you need another So Cal wonder?

miesque
05-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Rail Trip's successful 2010 debut in the Mervyn Leroy does add a bit of spice to the Southern California handicap division. What is interesting is the likely next race for both Zenyatta and Rail Trip happens to on the same weekend. The GII $150K Californian is Sat, June 12 and the GI $250K Vanity is Sun, June 13. Both are four weeks from the Hollywood Gold Cup on Sat, July 10. Last year Rail Trip did the Mervyn Leroy/Californian/Gold Cup route and from the pre-race interview with Samatha Siegel that is their planned route again this year. A likely win by Zenyatta in the Vanity and Rail Trip in the Californian could set the stage for a rather intriguing Hollywood Gold Cup should both horses head in that direction.

In any event, I am happy that I am going to see Rail Trip and Zenyatta run in their next races since I am flying out to Hollywood Park that weekend and will be at the races Friday through Sunday (maybe also Thurs if I come bouncing off the plane after the cross country flight).

Spalding No!
05-09-2010, 10:44 AM
oh so rail trip is the one thats gonna bring zen down now.. so i guess the white flag is up concerning rachel and zardana... i guess throwing all these obstacles in zens way is easier than sayin," maybe i'm wrong about this horse"

Actually, its more like: "Well, Team Zenyatta won't commit to anything on a national level beyond the BC to earn HOY, the least she can do is run against the next best horse in training in CA".

Spalding No!
05-09-2010, 10:49 AM
(maybe also Thurs if I come bouncing off the plane after the cross country flight).

You might literally be "bouncing" since the same weekend is the lowrider show in the Hollywood Park parking lot.

If the hydraulic suspensions on the cars don't get you jumpin', I'm sure the thumping beats emanating from the ghetto-blastin' sound systems will...

bisket
05-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Actually, its more like: "Well, Team Zenyatta won't commit to anything on a national level beyond the BC to earn HOY, the least she can do is run against the next best horse in training in CA".
what was the apple blossom? i venture the same thing probably would have happened last year in new york that happened in arkansas as far rachel is concerned. how can a horse plan to travel across the country to race another horse when the rival's connections can't commit to race more than 1-2 weeks ahead of time? (just in case your oblivious to who i'm referring to its jackson and assmussen)

Cardus
05-09-2010, 12:02 PM
You might literally be "bouncing" since the same weekend is the lowrider show in the Hollywood Park parking lot.

If the hydraulic suspensions on the cars don't get you jumpin', I'm sure the thumping beats emanating from the ghetto-blastin' sound systems will...

If that's the scene in Inglewood, Aqueduct will look like heaven.

miesque
05-09-2010, 12:10 PM

You really want to start a which is worse, Hollywood Park or Aqueduct debate? Because bringing up parking lot comparisions is damn funny. :lol:

andymays
05-09-2010, 12:14 PM

The thing about Hollywood Park is the ambiance. :D

Especially if you get lost on the way there. :D

I used to love the Cinema Terrace in the old days. Now "not so much".

bisket
05-09-2010, 12:16 PM
hey at least these two tracks have a parking lot. pimlico has enough spaces in its parking lot for horesman and politicians. well there is always someone's lawn for 40 bucks.

miesque
05-09-2010, 12:23 PM
hey at least these two tracks have a parking lot. pimlico has enough spaces in its parking lot for horesman and politicians. well there is always someone's lawn for 40 bucks.

Yes, those two tracks has massive parking lots which highlight the fact that once upon a time their facilities were actually used to capacity and now only a fraction of their capacity is utilized. Both of which horsemen's lots look pretty similar.

I will be at Pimlico next weekend for the Freakness and I think they got the Hood/Slum Track Title locked up for a while.

Cardus
05-09-2010, 12:26 PM
You really want to start a which is worse, Hollywood Park or Aqueduct debate? Because bringing up parking lot comparisions is damn funny. :lol:

Just keep your eyes on the "perps" so that they are not "casing" you, OK?

miesque
05-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Just keep your eyes on the "perps" so that they are not "casing" you, OK?

Where on earth do you think I actually hang out at when I am at track? :D

Cardus
05-09-2010, 12:31 PM
This applies more to when you leave the track, not necessarily when you are inside.

andymays
05-09-2010, 12:35 PM
This applies more to when you leave the track, not necessarily when you are inside.

Have you ever been to Hollywood Park? Before and After is irrelevant. ;)

miesque
05-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Two words, Valet Parking. Since you brought this subject up, I do like how Hollywood Park has a separate Turf Club entrance to the track, its more pleasant and convenient.

Cardus
05-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Two words, Valet Parking. Since you brought this subject up, I do like how Hollywood Park has a separate Turf Club entrance to the track, its more pleasant and convenient.

Two words: racetrack snob.

miesque
05-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Two words: racetrack snob.

Damn straight and proud of it. I know exactly what I like and have specific ways of doing things, which may differ from what some others want or consider fun, but they can go ahead and do what they want while I do things my way. That is how life works and last time I checked it was my hard earned money and time that I am spending. Well ok, I suppose you could argue that I am spending a little of what formerly was other people's money since my racing trips do get subsidized by my wagering net income and it is pari-mutuel wagering meaning any net gains are coming out of someone else's pocket (not to mention also takeout). All I can say to those whose pockets it came out of, I have great fun most of the time, so your money was well spent. :cool:

gm10
05-09-2010, 05:24 PM
That was at Del Mar.

Now imagine Zenyatta in last year's merry-go-round Hollywood Gold Cup where popular Zenyatta barometer Life Is Sweet barely got within 8 lengths of Rail Trip as he hit the wire.

:D

Sorry, but if Rail Trip can't beat those horses, then that open letter to Zenyatta signed Rail Trip is complete nonsense. He should try beating proper horses first. Tres Barrachos does not qualify.

jballscalls
05-09-2010, 05:26 PM
That was at Del Mar.

She won

Spalding No!
05-09-2010, 05:48 PM
:D

Sorry, but if Rail Trip can't beat those horses, then that open letter to Zenyatta signed Rail Trip is complete nonsense. He should try beating proper horses first. Tres Barrachos does not qualify.

How about Life Is Sweet.

I thought I saw her name brought up in a few Zenyatta threads recently...

Spalding No!
05-09-2010, 05:49 PM
She won

Really? I thought she lost that photo...

Who was second?

Grits
05-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Damn straight and proud of it. I know exactly what I like and have specific ways of doing things, which may differ from what some others want or consider fun, but they can go ahead and do what they want while I do things my way. That is how life works and last time I checked it was my hard earned money and time that I am spending. Well ok, I suppose you could argue that I am spending a little of what formerly was other people's money since my racing trips do get subsidized by my wagering net income and it is pari-mutuel wagering meaning any net gains are coming out of someone else's pocket (not to mention also takeout). All I can say to those whose pockets it came out of, I have great fun most of the time, so your money was well spent. :cool:

Miesque, one learns about your trifecta, your superfecta, your pick 4 and pick 6 net gains when they're redboarded, along with the burden of all your W2Gs. Yet you post your tosses and fence-sitters prior to the Derby. I don't think these worked out too well that day. I'm sorry, brag all you want, be as proud as you want, but I doubt, and damn seriously, you're traveling on much of my money. Some of this crap you throw out gets so old. I wish you wouldn't do this.

Tosses

Dublin
Homeboykris
Line of David
Conveyance
Discreetly Mine
Jackson Bend
Noble's Promise
Devil May Care
Backtalk
Dean's Kitten
Endorsement
Super Saver
American Lion

On Fence
Mission Impazible
Ice Box

miesque
05-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Miesque, one learns about your trifecta, your superfecta, your pick 4 and pick 6 net gains when they're redboarded, along with the burden of all your W2Gs. Yet you post your tosses and fence-sitters prior to the Derby. I don't think these worked out too well that day. I'm sorry, brag all you want, be as proud as you want, but I doubt, and damn seriously, you're traveling on much of my money. Some of this crap you throw out gets so old. I wish you wouldn't do this.

Because I only bet the Derby? :lol:

Now this comment is very petty, I know you can do better. I appreciate the pot calling the kettle black style lecture though. :)

Spalding No!
05-09-2010, 08:17 PM
I appreciate the pot calling the kettle black style lecture though. :)

Whoa. Can we not pull the race card here?

Let's leave those issues in the parking lot...

miesque
05-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Whoa. Can we not pull the race card here?

Let's leave those issues in the parking lot...

:D Nice one.

Grits
05-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Because I only bet the Derby? :lol:

Now this comment is very petty, I know you can do better. I appreciate the pot calling the kettle black style lecture though. :)

There are two types of people:

Those who do.

And, those who talk about what they do.

With age, maybe you'll understand which is more valued.

(Save me the emoticons.)

ghostyapper
05-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Exciting performance off a 7 month layoff. It is satisfying to see a trainer get a horse fit for its first race of a long layoff.

Yea shocking that someone can actually get a horse to win off a 7 month layoff. Being a reader of these boards, I had come to the belief that a feat like that was impossible

Maybe their secret was they were lucky to not run into one of those "hidden gem" horses that you find in the G2 races everyday?

miesque
05-09-2010, 10:14 PM
There are two types of people:

Those who do.

And, those who talk about what they do.

With age, maybe you'll understand which is more valued.

(Save me the emoticons.)

Thank you for singling me out for these words of wisdom since this is an internet forum and as such is pretty totally full of worthless comments if you want to be blunt and you are not excluded from that analysis and neither am I. You are very good at lecturing, much better then I will ever be or care to be so you got me there.

I am curious exactly how I ruffled your feathers with my comments so much so you decided to jump into this thread (which had absolutely nothing to do with you) and aim for me with one of your famous talk down lectures. Anyone who actually knows anything about me would know that I have a healthy respect for the Internal Revenue Service, enough to not be posting on a very, very public and well read message board any information that was not in line with of what I am submitted to the Federal government for income tax purposes.

Also I am sorry I missed your comments about the potential Derby tosses which you so eloquently quoted me on. You obviously have it all figured out and were flush with cash after Derby Day.

Please note, I spared you the indignity of including an emoticon in my response.