PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Park @ Santa Anita??????

Igeteven
05-08-2010, 11:14 AM
When Hollywood Park closes down, maybe this year, where will they go?

I think something is going on behind the scenes, that they will move over to Santa Anita and why not.

All of the management at Hollywood Park, don't want to quit the game. I can't see any other choice but to lease the ground when Santa Anita is dark.

This would be great additional revenue for Santa Anita.

Any comments.

Deepsix
05-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Here is the same thread posted on DMTC (Igeteven's home board) and you can appreciate the response:

http://www.dmtc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4155

Igeteven
05-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Here is the same thread posted on DMTC (Igeteven's home board) and you can appreciate the response:

http://www.dmtc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4155

oh, thank you for the info, does it really matter where I post it. why do you care?

Deepsix
05-08-2010, 01:30 PM
I simply want the folks here to have benefit of the feedback that you receive on your home board... it is after all THE only recognized West Coast forum and reflects the opinions of its participants.

From what I have read over the past few months YOU (Igeteven) are in control of that DelMar forum??? Comments?

Igeteven
05-08-2010, 01:34 PM
I simply want the folks here to have benefit of the feedback that you receive on your home board... it is after all THE only recognized West Coast forum and reflects the opinions of its participants.

From what I have read over the past few months YOU (Igeteven) are in control of that Del Mar forum??? Comments?

Not really, but 2 people I know do have a major impact on the forum, that is the only forum that the moderator needs a moderator to keep things civil, since you can't get pm from pace, go back to the Del Mar and post there.

Deepsix
05-08-2010, 01:49 PM
I don't post on the Del Mar Forum anymore.... I used to UNTIL it was totally bombed out (imo) by you and a few other selfish individuals many months ago. I do read what little is left there on occasion since you have once again asserted yourself over there. Its only a matter of time until that once active forum is history...

Thanks for asking.

ronsmac
05-08-2010, 02:47 PM
So Cal racing is dying if not all ready dead. They need a drastic reduction in live races. The 5 and 6 horse fields are at an all time high right now. Even Del Mar should go to 4 days a week.

Igeteven
05-08-2010, 04:21 PM
So Cal racing is dying if not all ready dead. They need a drastic reduction in live races. The 5 and 6 horse fields are at an all time high right now. Even Del Mar should go to 4 days a week.

You are correct, no doubt about it, many owners will not run their hoses here, The CHRB listens to the track owners and they are afraid to say or do anything.

Each track is owned and run independently by their board of Directors.

The only way to straighten this mess out is.

1. The Governor tells the commissions to straighten out the game or they will loose their job or he appoints one head man to get things going and get it unformed so all tracks are the same.

Until we have dirt out here, many owners, trainers and players will not return, only the die heart people are racing and playing. When a new person comes in to play, 90 percent of the time, he or she loses up the butt and doesn't come back. The old die hearts are dying off, so what we will have left, is owners , trainers, and a few fans playing.

We will also see a slight decrease in handle until they say enough is enough and straighten it out or shut the whole thing down (economics will prevail, no doubt about it.) However, it will take a few more years until Moses comes down from the mountain.

Robert Goren
05-08-2010, 04:35 PM
You are correct, no doubt about it, many owners will not run their hoses here, The CHRB listens to the track owners and they are afraid to say or do anything.

Each track is owned and run independently by their board of Directors.

The only way to straighten this mess out is.

1. The Governor tells the commissions to straighten out the game or they will loose their job or he appoints one head man to get things going and get it unformed so all tracks are the same.

Until we have dirt out here, many owners, trainers and players will not return, only the die heart people are racing and playing. When a new person comes in to play, 90 percent of the time, he or she loses up the butt and doesn't come back. The old die hearts are dying off, so what we will have left, is owners , trainers, and a few fans playing.

We will also see a slight decrease in handle until they say enough is enough and straighten it out or shut the whole thing down (economics will prevail, no doubt about it.) However, it will take a few more years until Moses comes down from the mountain.What makes anyone think that the horses will return if they get dirt back.

startngate
05-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Got news for you Igeteven ... the owners and trainers were not running their horses long before any synthetic surfaces were ever installed.

SoCal has always been a great place for people to 'train' horses. They only seem to enter and eventually run in those fields where they think they can win. Blame the short fields on that.

I had a conversation with one of the racing secretaries many moons ago and asked him why he didn't kick the trainers out who didn't actually run. His response was that he wanted to, but as soon as he did, that trainer would call the TOC, who would then call his track's President, and he would have to re-instate them.

Owners have been controlling the game in CA to its detriment for a long time. Blame the demise of racing in CA squarely on the TOC.

beertapper
05-08-2010, 06:52 PM
wasn't there some plan to move to Los Al ??

Igeteven
05-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Got news for you Igeteven ... the owners and trainers were not running their horses long before any synthetic surfaces were ever installed.

SoCal has always been a great place for people to 'train' horses. They only seem to enter and eventually run in those fields where they think they can win. Blame the short fields on that.

I had a conversation with one of the racing secretaries many moons ago and asked him why he didn't kick the trainers out who didn't actually run. His response was that he wanted to, but as soon as he did, that trainer would call the TOC, who would then call his track's President, and he would have to re-instate them.

Owners have been controlling the game in CA to its detriment for a long time. Blame the demise of racing in CA squarely on the TOC.

Good Post

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: