PDA

View Full Version : Regarding The Montreal Trip

VetScratch
07-24-2003, 07:05 AM
Regarding The Montreal Excursion For Wives & Girlfriends.

Judging from your emails, all of you should have received your excursion packets by now.

Email me immediately if your packet has not arrived!

I can sense your excitement mounting from the tone of your emails. Gals who have never been to Montreal expressed total surprise and delight after reading about the shopping and nightlife! Short of Paris, nothing is dreamier than Montreal!

IMPORTANT CHANGE
===============
Pencil in this change on your Rendezvous Directions sheet: Wyndham courtesy vans at Dorval will be GREEN with yellow logos, not simply yellow as originally stated.

ADDITIONAL NEW INFO
=================
Some of you have asked questions that I didn't anticipate! For the benefit of others, here is what I learned or know:

Drug Issues: practically all prescriptions are OK in Canada, but you should leave your b.c. pills and other medications in their original labelled containers to avoid delays and hassles.

One-Way Advice: if you purchase a one-way ticket or plan to stay, you should bring your passport; otherwise, optional.

T-Shirt Sizing: If you are not happy with the size you asked for and received, I will have a limited number of extras with me, or you may be able to swap with other gals after we rendezvous. Some of you have also asked about ordering extra shirts. Let's handle that in Montreal. I will need to know sizes, and also whether you want both the Montreal skyline on the back and the lettering on the front (i.e., "While The Goats Are Away, The Ewes Will Play").

Late Arrivals: if you miss the Rendezvous Party, call my room through the front desk. Late calls won't upset me a bit!

I CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR THE FUN TO BEGIN!!!!

B. Comin'
07-24-2003, 12:32 PM
Ummmm,

Don't forget to take pictures. I like to watch!:D

Valuist
07-25-2003, 12:34 AM
So Vet Scratch,

Are you more like Thelma or more like Louise??

VetScratch
07-25-2003, 04:40 AM
Please Fellas, This is a Girl Thing....

All the gals are looking forward to a fun trip, and we hope the guys win big at Saratoga! Someone has to pay the bills when we all get home.

JustRalph
07-25-2003, 04:41 AM
You are the only one I know of on this board east of the Missippi aren't you.........or did I miss something?

VetScratch
07-25-2003, 04:49 AM
Please Ralph,

The trip is for the wives and girlfriends of board members.

Most who are coming have significant others who will be in Saratoga while we are in Montreal.

JustRalph
07-25-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by VetScratch
Please Ralph,The trip is for the wives and girlfriends of board members.Most who are coming have significant others who will be in Saratoga while we are in Montreal.

Oh, very nice idea. I must have missed the thread about it while I was reading some other first time poster telling us how much money he made from the picks he got from some website. It is possible I was busy excoriating one of the politically challenged in the off topic section. I have to do that once a week or so just to stay in practice. Have fun in Montreal.

:cool:

B. Comin'
07-25-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Oh, very nice idea. I must have missed the thread about it while I was reading some other first time poster telling us how much money he made from the picks he got from some website. It is possible I was busy excoriating one of the politically challenged in the off topic section. I have to do that once a week or so just to stay in practice. Have fun in Montreal.

:cool:

Hey JR.,

Got to hand it to you, you really got 'the lines'; especially for a redneck. Glad you dropped the 'cop' avatar, and got a real kool one now. You go boy!

Bobby
07-25-2003, 10:19 PM
VetScratch,

Can i get one of those t-shirts?

B. Comin'
07-25-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Bobby
VetScratch,

Can i get one of those t-shirts?

See that, you're B'COMIN a sell-leb-retee.:cool:

VetScratch
07-25-2003, 11:48 PM
Bobby,
Right now they are all spoken for, but we may order another batch based on requests in Montreal. I'll let you know if we do.

VetScratch
07-26-2003, 12:26 AM
B Comin:

You won't get a fare by stopping here, but I've got your number if we need it, 873-2000. Turn off your bubble light, pal!
:D :D :D

VetScratch
08-05-2003, 05:48 PM
Gals,

As we get closer to departure, I have started to get questions about whether significant others would be welcome. Sounds like several of the guys would like to spend a day at Saratoga then join us in Montreal. I certainly have no objection, but if others do, post here.

To those that may have reservations, I urge tolerance. As one of the husbands said, "A high-school reunion party is one thing, but a high-school reunion week is cruel and unusual punishment!"

Our itinerary was not planned with guys in mind (from home:)), but there are plenty of exciting attractions in Montreal while we shop, etc.

I just checked, and the Montreal Expos (a top-notch major league baseball team) start a home stand two days after the Travers Stake at Saratoga. That's just one idea for any guys who show up.