PDA

View Full Version : And You Talk About Playng In The N F L ???

sonnyp
05-07-2010, 07:18 PM
there's a thread going now comparing jockeys to hockey players. i'm getting ready to watch the cavs and celts game three and they're showing plenty of labron and the elbow. as does the above thread, let's compare the other professional sports to the n f l.

i've seen where king james has mused about playing for the browns. well, if his handling of this elbow ailment is indicative of his ability to deal with injury, i'm sure he wouldn't last the time it would take to eat a hotdog in the n f l.

these guys talk about how rough things are in the paint, let them stretch out for a pass with one of those n f l linebackers bearing down on them.

BillW
05-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Jordan Staal, center for the Pgh. Penguins had a tendon severed in his foot (sliced by an opponents skate) last Friday night. He had it sewn back up early Saturday morning. He was back skating 4 days later and played in a game last night.

sonnyp
05-07-2010, 07:36 PM
my original post may have been a little misleading. i don't question, one ounce, the toughness of hockey players. i got to know alot of them through the canadian guys training standardbreds at the meadowlands. they are tough as nails. no question about it. gilles villamure (???) was one of my favorite hockey players turned horse trainer.

it's the other sports that try to say how tough they are that get me.

chickenhead
05-07-2010, 09:32 PM
my dad played in the NFL, he's not so tough, I'd draft Lebron ahead of him.
They give them insane amounts of painkillers, cortisone, whatever. They're tough, but it also has much to do with willing to be a cripple @ 50.

Anyone who can make a few hundred mil without playing in the NFL, should.

Rookies
05-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Baseball: Coddled stars go out with a boo boo for 6 weeks = wussy sport

Hockey: Men play in the Stanley Cup with broken legs, let alone multiple stitches to the face, pulled/torn ligaments = A man's sport- one of the toughest ever.

BillW
05-11-2010, 10:09 PM
CAnpoTGzlX4

He's playing tonite ... first time Ridgling :eek:

HuggingTheRail
05-14-2010, 12:01 PM
CAnpoTGzlX4

He's playing tonite ... first time Ridgling :eek:

The "balls of steel" chant was funny....:D