PDA

View Full Version : Spent 14 days in hospital

cees with dees
05-07-2010, 05:09 PM
With a cold that became pneumonia.
Got home around 2"30 today and from the car to my kitchen, I was in an all out drive just to get there.
Hoping one good nights sleep in my own bed will bring back some energy but man did this kick the crap out of me.
To better days
Ben.
By the way, making a small bet in the last on Seven In a Row. One of only two multiple turf winners and will be flying late.
Bet her across and back in forth with the 11 and 12 and a token $2 wheel.
I am big time up for tomorrow. Hope the card is good.
Ben

098poi
05-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Welcome back to reality, hope you stay healthy.:ThmbUp:

canleakid
05-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Take care, glad your back, rest and get ready for tomorrow ;)

Greyfox
05-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Glad to hear your health has improved. Now keep it that way. :ThmbUp:

michiken
05-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Cees

Unlike my situation, I HOPE YOU HAD INSURANCE!

From one sickie to another, GET WELL SOON! It is not the sickness that ails you, I am sure it was the HOSPITAL FOOD!

Ken from Michigan working in South Bend

cees with dees
05-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Actually food was quite good for a hospital. Chef used fresh vegetables all the time and he didn't overcook them.
I think he did a terrific job in a very difficult position cooking for so many.
I do have health insurance thank God. It's really expensive but this is the perfect example as to why it's so important to have.
Now, on to tomorrow.
In the first, Full Tilt Noogie goes turf to dirt with a class drop and can control these from start to finish at a good price.
In the second, The Mules Sister goes first off the claim and freshening from one of my all time favorite trainers.
Lalman, a former jock, owns all of his stuff and really takes incredible care of every animal and improves just about everything.
In tough here but price will certainly be right.
In the third, Graysonia has the experience edge on these with the ability to win from on or off the pace and should have these over a barrel.

Skipping to the sixth, Gimmearoutine finds a great spot for barn looking to end a scheid. Pace sets up well and lots of damaged goods signed on here.
Demand 4-1 or better and should get it done if within shouting range turning for home.
Best of the day comes in the seventh with Virtues Under Fire who drops turf to dirt and cuts back. Now or never for gelding way overdue.
In the eighth, If Duke Of Naples hadnles grass, and no reason he shouldn't, meets right bunch to make turf debut.
3 year old has raced really well in all three showing speed and versatility. Has the stride and build of a turf horse and at least price should be right on what boils down to an educated guess.
In the 9th, Remand should be the lone speed in really weak grade 2.
Love Cayo Hueso in the last. Switches to turf while never entered for a tag. Has good speed with a gear to come off if necessary and the rail draw a big plus.
Main rival, Joey's Chance is off since the winter for barn that generally races theirs into condition although this one may be good enough while still needing a race or two.
Good luck to all and nice to be back.
Ben

JBmadera
05-07-2010, 06:08 PM
damn, bro, glad you're on the mend. that whole experience must have been a scary one!

glad you're back!

Robert Goren
05-07-2010, 06:28 PM
I am glad you are home. I hope all goes well with your recovery.

the little guy
05-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Put him on a 1/5 shot like Wild Awake and he rides him like he's a hundred lengths the best instead of saving ground thoughout the last turn and having the best chance.
I hope he and Andy Serling who both suck find an island where they can worship each other's lack of productivity.
And yes, this IS sour grapes from going down time after time on Dominguez odds on favorites when everyone praises how superior he is.
He is a fine rider. About the same as the other 90% of population of the NY jockey colony.
Ben

exiles
05-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Glad you are ok CEES stay healthy.

joemc44
05-07-2010, 07:53 PM
glad to see you are going to back, i hope for your speedy recovery.

Dave Schwartz
05-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Welcome back.

Get recovered soon. CD needs your handle.
;) :D

WinterTriangle
05-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Hoping one good nights sleep in my own bed will bring back some energy but man did this kick the crap out of me.

Pneumonia *can* actually take a few months to really recuperate from. Take it easy, your immune system needs rest so don't push it.

PaceAdvantage
05-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Put him on a 1/5 shot like Wild Awake and he rides him like he's a hundred lengths the best instead of saving ground thoughout the last turn and having the best chance.
I hope he and Andy Serling who both suck find an island where they can worship each other's lack of productivity.
And yes, this IS sour grapes from going down time after time on Dominguez odds on favorites when everyone praises how superior he is.
He is a fine rider. About the same as the other 90% of population of the NY jockey colony.
BenHopefully, whatever meds they put you on to cure the pneumonia also worked their magic on whatever causes you to write the nasty shit you post from time to time....

whobet
05-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Glad your getting better and home,

we missed you

theguarantee
05-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Actually food was quite good for a hospital. Chef used fresh vegetables all the time and he didn't overcook them.
I think he did a terrific job in a very difficult position cooking for so many.
I do have health insurance thank God. It's really expensive but this is the perfect example as to why it's so important to have.
Now, on to tomorrow.
In the first, Full Tilt Noogie goes turf to dirt with a class drop and can control these from start to finish at a good price.
In the second, The Mules Sister goes first off the claim and freshening from one of my all time favorite trainers.
Lalman, a former jock, owns all of his stuff and really takes incredible care of every animal and improves just about everything.
In tough here but price will certainly be right.
In the third, Graysonia has the experience edge on these with the ability to win from on or off the pace and should have these over a barrel.

Skipping to the sixth, Gimmearoutine finds a great spot for barn looking to end a scheid. Pace sets up well and lots of damaged goods signed on here.
Demand 4-1 or better and should get it done if within shouting range turning for home.
Best of the day comes in the seventh with Virtues Under Fire who drops turf to dirt and cuts back. Now or never for gelding way overdue.
In the eighth, If Duke Of Naples hadnles grass, and no reason he shouldn't, meets right bunch to make turf debut.
3 year old has raced really well in all three showing speed and versatility. Has the stride and build of a turf horse and at least price should be right on what boils down to an educated guess.
In the 9th, Remand should be the lone speed in really weak grade 2.
Love Cayo Hueso in the last. Switches to turf while never entered for a tag. Has good speed with a gear to come off if necessary and the rail draw a big plus.
Main rival, Joey's Chance is off since the winter for barn that generally races theirs into condition although this one may be good enough while still needing a race or two.
Good luck to all and nice to be back.
Ben

In the 1st, the 3,8,9 look best to me. 8 might be a reach, but I think has faced decent for the levels and last race is a toss to me, should sit a better trip assuming it's fast and I think this might make for a decent exacta box (rare).

3rd I see as being a hell match between Graysonia and Kells Blues. Hoping the 5 gets money.

Want to agree about Gimmearoutine but I'm not in love with the outside post. Sad too because nice odds for a horse for the course.

8th is an interesting race that I can't wrap my head around right now.

The 9th might be a weak GII but I find tremendously interesting post-derby with many of these horses having faced Derby horses/hopefuls...lots of angles. Originally couldn't see any way of going against Drosselmeyer but the more I look the more angles I see.

Interesting day ahead...good to see you back and well, best of luck.

cees with dees
05-08-2010, 04:01 AM
Hopefully, whatever meds they put you on to cure the pneumonia also worked their magic on whatever causes you to write the nasty shit you post from time to time....

Do you have any idea how old that quote is??

Ben

newtothegame
05-08-2010, 04:54 AM
Good to see ya Back ben and out of the hospital. take care sir and continue on the path to better health !

cees with dees
05-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Thanks buddy. I really screwed this up big time by not getting checked out when it was just a cold to start.
14 of the most uncomfortable days of my life but slept well and think I've turned the corner.
Good luck today.
Ben

PaceAdvantage
05-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Do you have any idea how old that quote is??Apparently, the meds didn't work as well as I had hoped.

Same old Ben.