PDA

View Full Version : Great News: Huge Mosque Going Up Near WTC Site!

andymays
05-07-2010, 09:55 AM
http://jammiewearingfool.blogspot.com/2010/05/great-news-huge-mosque-going-up-near.html

Excerpt:

It'll probably be finished before any other new buildings destroyed by the Muslim terrorists. I'm still allowed to say those words, right?

A proposal to build a mosque steps from Ground Zero received the support of a downtown committee despite some loved ones of 9/11 victims finding it offensive.

http://jammiewearingfool.blogspot.com/2010/05/great-news-huge-mosque-going-up-near.html

46zilzal
05-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

ready for selective application of the Bill of Rights?

andymays
05-07-2010, 10:14 AM

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

All true but can you imagine putting a Christian Church up in a Muslim country in a similar situation? :eek:

How many people would be killed on the first day?

DJofSD
05-07-2010, 10:17 AM

Why not? The left and the MSM do it all the time. Whatever means allows them to obtain their goals.

Example: gun ownership. Over the years restrictions have eroded the once plain and simple interpretation 'I'm an American, I can own a gun under the Bill of Rights.'

We used to think the so called establishment clause was pretty plain and simple: you could practice whatever religion you want.

Now, that is being questioned.

46zilzal
05-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Why not? The left and the MSM do it all the time. Whatever means allows them to obtain their goals.

Example: gun ownership. Over the years restrictions have eroded the once plain and simple interpretation 'I'm an American, I can own a gun under the Bill of Rights.'

What malarkey ANY politician uses whatever, whenever he wants to make a point left, right,or center

MaTH716
05-07-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm suprised that they don't try to sell them space inside the Freedom Tower. Because to be honest I have absolutely no idea what's going to occupy that building. I don't think they could fill it now, who knows what shape the econmy is going to be 10 years from now (or whenever they finish that building/buildings). With so many firms moving out of NY, it looks like they are going to have this huge complex and the only tenants that they are going to have are a Port Authority office, a Starbucks and a Gap. It's sad but I really have no idea who going to move in there.

Tom
05-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Gee 46, do you support the Second Amendment as fiercely?

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression.

And wasn't Andy simply using this very right in his opine?

xtb
05-07-2010, 10:41 AM

Islam is a mental illness and not a religion. (IMO)

boxcar
05-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Islam is a mental illness and not a religion. (IMO)

No wonder libs relate so will to this religion of piece(s).

Boxcar

ArlJim78
05-07-2010, 10:55 AM
With so many firms moving out of NY, it looks like they are going to have this huge complex and the only tenants that they are going to have are a Port Authority office, a Starbucks and a Gap. It's sad but I really have no idea who going to move in there.
:lol: sadly you might be right. except the building will be large enough, i think there will be room for around 2-3 Starbucks.

hazzardm
05-07-2010, 10:57 AM
All true but can you imagine putting a Christian Church up in a Muslim country in a similar situation? :eek:

Perfect example of why the U.S.A. is better :ThmbUp:

GaryG
05-07-2010, 11:00 AM
How can you take a "religion" seriously when they want to kill everyone that will not accept their doctrines? If Islam ceased to exist the world would be a lot better place.

PhantomOnTour
05-07-2010, 11:02 AM
No wonder libs relate so will to this religion of piece(s).

Boxcar
Ahhhhh, leave it to Box to turn the discussion to Liberals. You are sickeningly obsessed with them ain't ya? They have clearly gotten under your skin and are affecting your behavior. What a grip the Libs have on you :lol: Are you even able to go to the store and buy some gum without some Lib messin it up? :lol: :lol:

Good luck sorting those feelings out...see a professional about it maybe. You really need to talk with someone about it.

Bye now. Oh yeah, building a mosque at this site is a lousy idea. But aren't most right leaning folks who are against it using a tactic of the left? That is, it's offensive...we don't like it. Yeah, I know it's legal and they probably have all the necessary permits, but let's suspend their rights because we would be offended by a mosque so close to the WTC site?????

The way to counter this would have been to deny permits in the first place, using whatever legal reason you want....if that's possible. Don't religious orgs need a permit of some sort to build? Do zoning laws affect this?

46zilzal
05-07-2010, 11:13 AM
As the media focuses on the fact that the suspect in the failed Times Square bomb plot is a Pakistani Muslim. What about the man who first noticed the smoke rising from the SUV? A street vendor, a Muslim immigrant from Senegal, says he first sounded the alarm and helped stop the plot.

Can't characterize the group by an individual

boxcar
05-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Ahhhhh, leave it to Box to turn the discussion to Liberals. You are sickeningly obsessed with them ain't ya? They have clearly gotten under your skin and are affecting your behavior. What a grip the Libs have on you :lol: Are you even able to go to the store and buy some gum without some Lib messin it up? :lol: :lol:

Not at all. I just made a simple observation. Could not help but make the connection between the two, which I'm sure has completely alluded you. But if you ever need help in sorting it out, let me know. I'll be happy to set you straight. ;)

Boxcar

headhawg
05-07-2010, 11:41 AM
The people that belong to this religion are asshats, plain and simple. They get bent out-of-shape over cartoons over their "prophet" but they don't see the problem with building a "temple of crapola" near one of the worst disasters in American history, and certainly one that remains emotionally-charged. It is a f***ing insult of the highest order.

F*** them. ALL of them. This way I can't be told I am profiling or discriminating.

DJofSD
05-07-2010, 11:45 AM
As the media focuses on the fact that the suspect in the failed Times Square bomb plot is a Pakistani Muslim. What about the man who first noticed the smoke rising from the SUV? A street vendor, a Muslim immigrant from Senegal, says he first sounded the alarm and helped stop the plot.

I guess one act cancels out the other, so we're back at even now?

Tom
05-07-2010, 11:51 AM

Unless they wear uniforms.
Or represent authority.
Or the Tea Party.

Physician, heal thyself!

DJofSD
05-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Score one for Tom!

Cardinal rule for arguing with a lib: whatever they accuse you of, they are guilty of it themselves.

BlueShoe
05-07-2010, 11:55 AM
How can you take a "religion" seriously when they want to kill everyone that will not accept their doctrines? If Islam ceased to exist the world would be a lot better place.
Concur with this opinion. From its inception, Islam has been an evil institution. My opinion may be in the minority, but I believe that all Muslims should be expelled from the country. There is no such thing as a "moderate Muslim", that is just spin. Scratch the surface, and under their skin 99% of these are a terrorist just waiting to happen.

ArlJim78
05-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Concur with this opinion. From its inception, Islam has been an evil institution. My opinion may be in the minority, but I believe that all Muslims should be expelled from the country. There is no such thing as a "moderate Muslim", that is just spin. Scratch the surface, and under their skin 99% of these are a terrorist just waiting to happen.
you may have a point expecially since they teach that non believers should be killed, women should be subjugated, and their goal is to take over the western world. and from what I read these are not merely the views of a few fringe extremists, it more or less the same in every mosque. they are here not to merely live and get along and prosper. their goals are to conquer and they have many useful idiot accomplices here to help them.

ddog
05-07-2010, 12:09 PM
So in other words, they truly believe and the others , I guess really don't.

For if you did and you didn't "take over the world" then what does that say about your religion?

And they are all alike, is pure bullshit, if they were all alike, then check the numbers , you would be toast already.

Pure ignorance, there are sects , sub-sets within Islam.

Those who don't understand even that small detail are just as bad as the taliban nuts they detest. Now go have some tea and try to become sane.
:D

MaTH716
05-07-2010, 01:47 PM
I would think that no matter where the Mosque was put up, people would be outraged. Let's face many people put them in "that" category with prisons, homeless shelters, abortion/drug clincs and so on.
All those places have rights to exsist and are needed, but no one wants them in their neighborhood and so on.
Personally I do feel like it's a poor choice of location for the mosque in this case and people have the right to be overly sensitive. I understand that not all Muslims are extremists, but that being said I don't think that they should have a place of worship near the site of the largest terriorist attack in the history of the world (carried out by Muslims). It's almost as if the Japanese wanted to erect a memorial/church at Pearl Harbor.

46zilzal
05-07-2010, 01:51 PM
I worked with a devout Muslim nurse about the time of the NYC disaster and the crap that poor woman put up with was ridiculous. She was from the island of Fiji and never set foot in the Middle East and yet she was to become the focal point of others stupidity....Amazingly stupid

bigmack
05-07-2010, 01:55 PM
:eek: :eek:

You won't be able to hide from that statement in the future you raging hypocrite you.

boxcar
05-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Score one for Tom!

Cardinal rule for arguing with a lib: whatever they accuse you of, they are guilty of it themselves.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: for both you and Tom! Libs are so steeped in the dark ignorance of their own deceit, no matter where they look, they can see only the darkness. They have no idea that they are guilty of the very things of which they accuse others. The dark pit of hypocrisy seems to have no bottom for these people. Living the Lie is tough!

Boxcar

Black Ruby
05-07-2010, 02:11 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: for both you and Tom! Libs are so steeped in the dark ignorance of their own deceit, no matter where they look, they can see only the darkness. They have no idea that they are guilty of the very things of which they accuse others. The dark pit of hypocrisy seems to have no bottom for these people. Living the Lie is tough!

Boxcar

Aren't you missing your Messiah, Limbaugh?

46zilzal
05-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Why anyone with an IQ above 80 can stomach that load of bull shit is beyond me. I lost a bet to a friend years ago and MY side of the bargain was that I promised to listen to this belching ignorant idiot for one week,,,,,I ran out of anti-emetic meds by Thursday. but followed through......

What a load of shit this guy was and is.

bigmack
05-07-2010, 02:24 PM
I ran out of anti-emetic meds by Thursday. but followed through......

What a load of shit this guy was and is.
I've never seen antiemetic hyphenated. The load in your trousers just grew.

Robert Goren
05-07-2010, 02:43 PM
I suppose they have the right to build it, but it does have appearance of rubbing salt into the wound. JMO

Tom
05-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Why anyone with an IQ above 80 can stomach that load of bull shit is beyond me.

It is hard, yes, but, as long as you are a member of this board, I will defend your right to post it as often as you like! :ThmbUp:

ddog
05-07-2010, 04:42 PM
I would think that no matter where the Mosque was put up, people would be outraged. Let's face many people put them in "that" category with prisons, homeless shelters, abortion/drug clincs and so on.
All those places have rights to exsist and are needed, but no one wants them in their neighborhood and so on.
Personally I do feel like it's a poor choice of location for the mosque in this case and people have the right to be overly sensitive. I understand that not all Muslims are extremists, but that being said I don't think that they should have a place of worship near the site of the largest terriorist attack in the history of the world (carried out by Muslims). It's almost as if the Japanese wanted to erect a memorial/church at Pearl Harbor.

Gee , it's almost as if a us church wanted to erect a church in Japan , oh let me guess now,where exactly..........or maybe we could erect a few in Iraq, wow!

When a minority group can't erect a church anywhere that people will sell them the land and they obtain the proper permits, then you don't have America anymore, not one I want to defend anyway.

PhantomOnTour
05-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Not at all. I just made a simple observation. Could not help but make the connection between the two, which I'm sure has completely alluded you. But if you ever need help in sorting it out, let me know. I'll be happy to set you straight. ;)
Boxcar
You won't have the time....you're too busy straightening out everyone else :lol:

JustRalph
05-07-2010, 05:15 PM
The people that belong to this religion are asshats, plain and simple. They get bent out-of-shape over cartoons over their "prophet" but they don't see the problem with building a "temple of crapola" near one of the worst disasters in American history, and certainly one that remains emotionally-charged. It is a f***ing insult of the highest order.

F*** them. ALL of them. This way I can't be told I am profiling or discriminating.

It wasn't a disaster, it was an attack on the country.......... never forget that.

Hurricanes and forest fires are disasters in the same context. Not attacks.

I am not busting your balls, but it is a point that is passed over by the media all the time.

boxcar
05-07-2010, 05:19 PM
You won't have the time....you're too busy straightening out everyone else :lol:

Besides that, you're the quintessential example of mission impossible.

Boxcar

boxcar
05-07-2010, 05:24 PM

Even if he was, never forget that your messiah BO refused to accept "my messiah's" challenge to go on his show. Seems to me that yours came up a wee bit short in the backbone department. ;)

Boxcar

JustRalph
05-07-2010, 05:25 PM
It is hard, yes, but, as long as you are a member of this board, I will defend your right to post it as often as you like! :ThmbUp:
:lol: :lol:

PhantomOnTour
05-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Besides that, you're the quintessential example of mission impossible.

Boxcar
Yokey dokey :lol:

kenwoodall2
05-08-2010, 03:49 AM
"Washington DC Mosque – Muslim Women Demand End To Sex Segregation ... Mar 9, 2010 ... Last month, a Muslim woman by the name of Jannah B'int Hannah led a group of Muslim women in gatecrashing the main prayer hall of the ..."

SO the Muslim men do not respect the Equal Rights Amendment principals. eh?

The DC Muslims I have a problems withv are the ones like the Muslim Student Union at DC's George Mason U. who practiced paintball to get ready for the big religious war.

kenwoodall2
05-08-2010, 03:59 AM
"Mansfield supplied CBN News with an al-Qaeda tape posted on a Muslim message board in the U.S.

It begins with images of missiles taking out America, then moves on to a speech by Adam Gadahn, an American-born member of al-Qaeda.

Next come scenes of two men playing paintball. But that's not all. The men also conduct mock suicide bombings, and practice explosives training.

But most of the footage shows them playing paintball, until the video ends with this chilling message: “Feel the rush! High speed paintball!" and then more images of missiles hitting America.

Epstein said, “It shows a tie. It's as if al-Qaeda put this thing together to get the message out to their citizens or their followers on how to train using paintball, and what's expected of them.”

If that is the case, jihadists are listening. One of the London subway bombers, Mohammed Khan, was an avid paintball player. Likewise, 17 Toronto Muslims charged this summer with plotting terrorist attacks in Canada used paintball to train. "

kenwoodall2
05-08-2010, 04:13 AM
2009, Manassas Va-
"July **Tentative Events Schedule**

3rd – 5th – ISNA Conference – Time TBD. Meet at Dar Al-Noor – Transportation provided to location.
Youth are encouraged to attend this Annual Continental Conference of the Islamic Society of North America, as it returns to Washington, D.C. The conference will include a bazaar, lectures, entertainment sessions, and more. More information about the conference can be found online, www.isna.net. Contact mavyouth@gmail.com if you need a ride to the convention.

12th – Paintball – Time TBD. Meet at Dar Al-Noor – Transportation provided to location.
Brothers’ and sisters’ youth will be traveling to play paintball as a group. **Details will be posted**

newtothegame
05-08-2010, 05:14 AM
Hmmm interesting topic considering alot of "our" values is based in the rights of individuals.
I do believe however that radical islam has ONE intent. And thats is to kill as many of the "infidels" as possible. So you have to ask yourself who are the infidels? Well you need not look further then their messages through tapings and internet message boards to see who they mean. Its the "western" world. So they wish to kill us all if they have the chance. There is no denying this.
So how do you distinguish between radicals and non radicals???
This is where it gets really sticky. Our freedoms are rooted in expression, religeon, speech, etc etc.
But one has to ask themselves, if we allow these things to continue, how much longer will we have our freedoms? Sorry guys...but I would put "plants" in almost every islamic mosque in america. There have been multiple stories regarding the leaders of these mosques and their "encouragement" of destroying america. Look at the fort hood killer....trained and encouraged by an (Imam) sp. And on American soil none the less.
Everyone needs to understand that these groups are using our own freedoms against us. Our way of life is hated by many and sought greatly by others.
In the middle east conflicts, they know because of our values that we don't shoot at mosques and holy sites. So where do they hide??? In those places.
In Vietnam, they knew the soft spot we had for women and children...so they used that avenue to bomb our troops.
Along our southern border, Mexico is telling the world how bad our law is in turning away and holding people back (in regards to the AZ law), yet Mexico's own laws in regards to aliens is in some cases much stricter then the one their are crying about. Around the world, we continue to give and give in aid, only to have those same countries deface and in some cases burn our flags and images of them.
In our own country, children are in school and being punished for wearing american patriotic symbols to show their pride on a day that is NOT even a true mexican holiday.
I could go on and on...but I think you all get the point. Our values and freedoms are being used against us in each and every way possible. Maybe its time we re-evaluate those "rights" that we afford others!!!!
As for the Mosque....personally I could care less....but I would let the people of NY decide. Afetr all, its the people who have to live with it!

Robert Goren
05-08-2010, 06:42 AM
"Washington DC Mosque – Muslim Women Demand End To Sex Segregation ... Mar 9, 2010 ... Last month, a Muslim woman by the name of Jannah B'int Hannah led a group of Muslim women in gatecrashing the main prayer hall of the ..."

SO the Muslim men do not respect the Equal Rights Amendment principals. eh?

The DC Muslims I have a problems withv are the ones like the Muslim Student Union at DC's George Mason U. who practiced paintball to get ready for the big religious war. An Equal Rights Amendment, what a great idea. Is that something the conservatives want to push now? ;)

kenwoodall2
05-08-2010, 12:19 PM
An Equal Rights Amendment, what a great idea. Is that something the conservatives want to push now? ;)
They should- women usually have a less violent influence than someone stupid enough to believe there are 72 times more Muslim virgins dying than Muslim men!!
"Once again, Muhammad is found violating his very own command since he married a girl who was nine years old"
OK, my mistake, there may be lots of Muslim virgins in All-Kida heaven, they are just have not reached puberty!

PhantomOnTour
05-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Islam is a religion that simply has not evolved or progressed. Christians used some harsh tactics long ago, but the religion has evolved. Women are not subjugated (spelling?), deadly violence is not the answer to opposing views, etc....scary stuff.
If we have another terrorist attack in the USA you had better believe the internment camps of WW2 will be back in full effect, if not full scale expulsion from the country.

johnhannibalsmith
05-08-2010, 06:31 PM
...If we have another terrorist attack in the USA you had better believe the internment camps of WW2 will be back in full effect, if not full scale expulsion from the country.

I don't believe it for one second. Instead, we'll be listening to reports from anchors pre-emptively fearing for the safety and lives of Muslims before anything ever even happens to them. We've had a small handful of attempted and smaller-scale accomplished attacks since 9-11 and what we've gotten is an outpouring of public denouncement against those "that might react irresponsibly towards law abiding Muslims."

We've gone so far in the other direction, hoping and praying that every attack by a guy with five "j"s, four "z"s and more vowels than consonants in his name IS NOT affiliated with Islam that there seems to be more mainstream sympathy for the religion than there is for the victims of the attack.

I'm not one to get bent out of shape about anyone else's religion or whether Islam is this or that or Pakistani, Afghani, Iraqis should be scrutinized - you don't find much of that from me anywhere around here - but when I read about people so consumed with excusing reality that they actually HOPE that these attacks are caused by "one of their own" - then things have gone goofy around here. Internment camps - hell no - they're more likely to get symapthy cards and the name of a good attorney just in case someone from TSA looks at them in an airport a month from now.